ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First, I'd reorder the competition somewhat before setting order of priority:

Simmons vs Hasson Reddick
Okudah vs Robert Alford
Brown vs Jonathan Bullard
Wills/Wirfs vs Justin Murray/Marcus Gilbert
Lamb vs Larry Fitzgerald

Yes, except Simmons would be on the field pretty much every play I think. Sometimes at MLB, Sometimes at OLB, and Sometimes at Safety
To me he would be the most impactful

Although, I do have to admit Bullard is not very good, so Kinlaw or Brown would make a pretty big impact too.

I think year 1 we will get none to negative impact from a RT rookie.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The fact that we drafted 3 WRs in 2019, one in round 2 in 2018 and one in round 3 in 2017 and keep resigning an aging Fitz because we need him and now acquired Hopkins and we are still talking about drafting a WR at #8 in 2020 is pretty sad in itself. This really points to failure in the front office.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, except Simmons would be on the field pretty much every play I think. Sometimes at MLB, Sometimes at OLB, and Sometimes at Safety
To me he would be the most impactful

Although, I do have to admit Bullard is not very good, so Kinlaw or Brown would make a pretty big impact too.

I think year 1 we will get none to negative impact from a RT rookie.
Yes except he won't be playing any LB position at least well for a year maybe never slot corner or safety sure

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes except he won't be playing any LB position at least well for a year maybe never slot corner or safety sure

???

No one is drafting him to play corner or safety.

He's a Swiss army knife: IlB in base and move him about in nickel and dime. He's a bigger, faster Dwash plus.

Last edited:

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like 3 QBs and Young in first 8 picks. So the next four I rank in order for BPA for Cards

1. Simmons
2.Okuduh
3 Wirfs
4 Brown
5 Becton
6 Lamb
7. Kinlaw
8 Willis
9 Judy

I would be ok with any one of them at 8

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like 3 QBs and Young in first 8 picks. So the next four I rank in order for BPA for Cards

1. Simmons
2.Okuduh
3 Wirfs
4 Brown
5 Becton
6 Lamb
7. Kinlaw
8 Willis
9 Judy

I would be ok with any one of them at 8
Switch Will and Wiirfs and thats my list.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
???

No one is drafting him to play corner or safety.

He's a Swiss army knife: IlB in base and move him about in nickel and dime. He's a bigger, faster Dwash plus.
He is no where near as physical as any ILB you want to try to compare him to DWash was fast and physical Simmons is fast and great in space when I watched him play he didnt hold up to the physical play inside he would avoid and attempt to make a play. He IMO is a matchup on the perimeter player which is fine just not an ILB I've said it a number of times tape doesn't lie if you really think he can play inside on a base D you will be disappointed JMO

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The opposite could also be true with less visits front office and scouts have to do better tape evaluation and trust their eyeballs so maybe less busts because you are actually getting football players and not just workout warriors
If they didn't trust the eyeball test before, then they won't trust it now.

But for Busts like Nkdmiche were work ethic is the biggest problem, you will bust even more. We took him, because he seemed to understand that hard work is necessary, but he showed us that he lied about it.

But lying good in front of someone is much more difficult then lying trough the camera of a skype meeting. So basically, I wouldn't touch anyone that has a roumored work ethic problem. But teams will.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
So I was banned for a couple of days cause I got mad at solar but we are all good. This Coronavirus has everyone getting drunk and posting. Anyway so I get defense on 8, but for all of you that say no wr, I don’t understand it. Kk has said he can’t run his full offense without five high quality wr’s. We drafted 3 last year and none have panned out, does that mean they suck? No it just means the jury is out on them. If. Kk says to keim I just need this guy to make our offense lights out then I say get that guy vs. a corner or dL or ot.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So I was banned for a couple of days cause I got mad at solar but we are all good. This Coronavirus has everyone getting drunk and posting. Anyway so I get defense on 8, but for all of you that say no wr, I don’t understand it. Kk has said he can’t run his full offense without five high quality wr’s. We drafted 3 last year and none have panned out, does that mean they suck? No it just means the jury is out on them. If. Kk says to keim I just need this guy to make our offense lights out then I say get that guy vs. a corner or dL or ot.
:cheers:

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

if Dingleberry needs 5 ‘quality WRs’ make this work then Dingleberry isnt working

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t agree, he needs his personal to dictate his offense. Get the guy head coach everything he needs to call his plays.
I say we could get by with 4 good WR's, the jury still being out on the other 3 from 2019. I'm saying the 4th one being drafted in 2020, if it happens? We still have Dan Arnold in 2020, he's a hybrid WR/TE. The coaches say he's a very good blocker also. That helps big time, not knowing if it's a run or ends up being play action. Arnold leaks out, so does Drake. Arnold is a good option in the red zone with his height being like 6'6".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave