We might just have 2 drafts, 2020 & 2021, before another game is played.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is too late to quell the outbreak—way too much time was pizzed away with no Federal response. We are already into an extreme growth curve due to a lack of early response. Instead of tightening down on the spread of the virus, it is already across the entire country. Too many people ignored the issue and gathered in groups, went on their Spring break in Florida, went to Mardi Gra, etc. Without test kits, we are not measuring the total number of those infected. Numbers of sick and those who die will quickly explode in the coming weeks.

I wonder how many bothered to check the CDC sources on Pandemic Flu Response that I posted? So far, it looks to be zero. Several posters have dismissed the entire crisis all together. It’s getting in the way of the debate on our draft pick. Which topic do you think is the real dribble—picking an OT instead of a CB, or discussing this epidemic and coming disaster?

Within a few weeks, we will crash our health care structure and lose the front-line care givers/doctors/nurses. We’ll reach a critical point where there will not be enough qualified health professionals to provide the necessary care—it’s not just about the number of ventilators, it is also about having enough trained people to operate the ventilators. GM can push out 100,000 ventilators but if there is no one left to operate them we might as well have none at all. When nurses start to see their numbers dwindle because we have failed to give them the necessary protective gear, they will quit/leave to protect themselves and their family. Instead of ‘shelter-in-place’ the new response will be ‘die-in-place.’

Football players will refuse to show up and risk their lives. Case closed on the season(s).

It’s not dribble. We’ll reach a breaking point when our social order disintegrates–not enough police, not enough fire fighters, not enough service providers, not enough truckers delivering foods, not enough farmer workers to harvest our food. etc. What will happen to our modern world should the Net crash and there is no one there to make the repairs? These effects will gather steam as the snowball tumbles down the hill. We will have too many sick at the same time because the curve will be so steep. We many end up with half the population getting sick during the same two-week period. This will be what crashes everything.

I’ll back out now. I’m working from home with several Nursing Home chains on their response plan and mitigation. Take care---and get real on this issue.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mightily dollar is a great indicator of how a country is responding to this. For instance, for the last two weeks China is spending as much as there were prior to the lock downs, Japan hit that number last week and South Korea was just 30% down two weeks ago and under 10% last week. South Korea is also recalling Basketball players and plan to start up games work out fans in about two weeks.

NBA games will be played on June 1st with out fans, mark my word.

I can't tell you how I know this data, but other than the NBA this which is a prediction based on trends, the rest are facts.

Once we get the test to see if you have the antibodies, things will open up quick wish those who've had it and didn't know.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I say all this respectfully, to all. I want you all to be safe, and sooner or later this too shall pass. You are my countrymen, and of course I want you to be safe. I also extend that to my brothers and sister of this planet, but I want to state it to my countrymen first.

I get that people say "that this has never happened before". In modern times, yeah I guess. In history?

There have been many situation like this throughout history. We are organic animals, there are plenty of things like this that can wipe us out.

Climate change? Yup. Can wipe us out. Meteor. Plague. War.

So, this is a plague like situation. It happens. And history dictates, this can get serious, QUICK.

I find saying that "_____" is completely unprepared" is hubris. This is an example of mother nature showing us how small, and weak we are against it. We are star dust, on a rock floating through space. That is it. You cannot be prepared for this type of thing. You cannot have the society we live in and then turn around and complain that the infrastructure of a world based on working hard everyday, based on money over life and being ULTRA competitive is going to be able to stop, chill out a bit, and then make sure everyone is taken care of.

It is just not possible, not rational, nor are the resources there to do it. Even if our society was not based on work, money, and competition, I still do not think you can be prepared for this. No more than an earth quake, hurricane, tornado, meteor hit, etc., etc. Death is common, we just have done such a good job as a society we live twice as long, and twice as well as in the past.

What the world has coordinated in spite of the societal challenges has been quite if you ask me. What has never been see before is a response to a plague like situation like we have seen. To be able to understand, research, communicate, and act against this has been at a scale and speed we have never seen in history. So, I say keep some perspective, and hopefully we all, myself included GAIN some perspective.

The time is to have self-responsibility, discipline, and respect for others. Something easily said, and not nearly practiced enough. It is not time to see who we can blame for all this, and push that responsibility onto them. That has been the go to for too many for FAR too long. Nope. They cannot help you this time, they cannot take the blame this time. Nope. The responsibilities right now fall on each of us, each household. Looking for blame is a waste of time for those, sorry to say, without the will power to be introspective and see that this is something that may smash your beliefs and your views on the world. Being wrong, is not a bad thing. You learn. I have been learning, my arrogance when this started was dangerous, I changed, I have said "I was wrong". No biggie.

Cause this virus is the boogey man. Respect it, and you have a good chance of getting by. Make smart decisions, support your community and look to help and listen, and do what you can to let this pass.

As for "what will happen", they do not know. Nobody knows. And there is no one to blame for it either. The WORLD, all our resources put together (which is something VERY positive to see) is working on this. We are doing all we can. Best thing I think to do? Support those who are working, who are providing food, and services. (You know TIP the person at the restaurant who takes your food from the kitchen to your car, and well. If you have the means of course, self-responsibility first).

There are many things throughout history, mattering on how far back you believe the history of intelligent man goes, that has wiped out a massive part of the population. We have been over due for this type of thing (would rather it not happen at all of course). To see the world come together and work together as it has, is good to see. Dare I say good practice.

I will get off my soap box.

Just my two cents on the matter.

EVERYTHING SAID here is good stuff, I truly respect it all, even things I am completely in disagreement with. While this has happened before in history, it has not to us, so anything I can gain from others, I am taking in, and thinking about. Using a little more empathy than I normally do.

Not to mention, this was something I wanted/needed to do. Type out my thoughts somewhere. Not Facebook, not anywhere else, this seemed to be right, and my apologies if it ends up not being the place.

So, I say it again, PLEASE be safe, and be well. No matter who you are, your beliefs, or if you are on ignore (LOL, how petty that seems to state). Hope this comes across well, just my opinion on the matter. No blame, no hate, just perspective, respect, opinion, and well wishes for all my fellow men and women. This world is a beautiful place, and you all make it so, I want that to continue.

PS- ootball? When does it come back? As long as the question is when, and not if, I am good with it coming back when it comes back. This time has given me a moment to realize I miss football, and miss thinking about the team, the roster structure, and the debates over nothing I used to have.

PSS - Thank you moderators for keeping this archaic (I say that with love and respect) medium open to us all for us to converse about sports. Which will come back, and maybe give us all some perspective that win or lose, just getting a game to entertain is a good thing.
Of everything you stated I found the following to be the most important in echoing:

“Being wrong, is not a bad thing. You learn. I have been learning, my arrogance when this started was dangerous, I changed, I have said "I was wrong". No biggie.

Cause this virus is the boogey man. Respect it, and you have a good chance of getting by. Make smart decisions, support your community and look to help and listen, and do what you can to let this pass.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The only reason we are on quarantine is so we don’t over tax the medical system. This isn’t some killer disease. Your immune system will catch up to it and you’ll be fine.

the media really needs to start reporting people who have had it and been cleared way more than they do but that doesn’t get ratings.

well this is just an inaccurate statement:

“Your immune system will catch up to it and you’ll be fine”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This dribble is on the wrong forum!
No one forces you to read any thread. This thread is essentially discussing the crossover of COVID-19 and the cardinals football season. It’s not political or religion. So in which forum do you believe it should be placed?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is totally ridiculous.

China and South Korea have already basically beaten the virus in 3 months or less. It will be no different here.
It’s an interesting assumption based on the fact that our fact pattern has differed greatly from China’s or South Korea’s.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
The only reason we are on quarantine is so we don’t over tax the medical system. This isn’t some killer disease. Your immune system will catch up to it and you’ll be fine.

the media really needs to start reporting people who have had it and been cleared way more than they do but that doesn’t get ratings.

1% of the 40-70% of the population is still a big deal. The even bigger issue is the stress it will cause on our healthcare system because of our total unpreparedness.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1% of the 40-70% of the population is still a big deal. The even bigger issue is the stress it will cause on our healthcare system because of our total unpreparedness.

wanna look up how many people die a year from hunger, smoking? Die from alcohol related deaths?

In all honestly it’s really not that big of a deal. Sucks to say but that’s the truth

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I HAVE to call you out:

On March 13th, you posted:

This week:

And yesterday's was over 400.
And I will call you back out, that was a misquote. I meant to post 103 per hour today, go read the rest of my comments!!! I said on march 13th, that I found it hard to believe and disagreed with the article I posted that by the end of the year that there would 900,000 deaths in America by the end of the year and that came to 103 an hour. The rate per hour now is much higher (you do the math)and I still don't agree with that article! Yes there is a virus, but to listen to the "OMG were all Doomed and there's no hope sight media" is not what I choose to do! You read the articles I posted next time before calling me out!

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Enough people dying for your liking yet?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
That's unfair, of course I don't want people dying! I just don't think this is the end of the world, and go read the article I posted to which I was referring, I disagreed with the author! I am right!

Last edited:

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
China hasn't beaten anything. They covered up the virus, they've lied about how many died and how many were infected and are still in lockdown in many parts of the country. It isn't in outbreak phase any more but it's not in the clear either.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
No one forces you to read any thread. This thread is essentially discussing the crossover of COVID-19 and the cardinals football season. It’s not political or religion. So in which forum do you believe it should be placed?
That's right, nobody forces me to read any thread. This thread also brought up "Global Warming" which has nothing to do with football and is a political opinion! belongs on the P&R forum!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's unfair, of course I don't want people dying! I just don't think this is the end of the world, and go read the article I posted to which I was referring, I disagreed with the author! I am right!
Not saying you want people to die. You just didn't think it's serious unless real numbers were dying and now they are

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's right, nobody forces me to read any thread. This thread also brought up "Global Warming" which has nothing to do with football and is a political opinion! belongs on the P&R forum!
The Earth is warming. You can try to argue about if we are accelerating it or not but we are in a warming period exiting an ice age and have been for a long time. The Earth cycles between warming and cooling periods. It's not a political opinion, it's a fact.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is totally ridiculous.

China and South Korea have already basically beaten the virus in 3 months or less. It will be no different here.

You are joking right? It is ALREADY different here. We had a massive failure in leadership. We were not prepared. We have way, way more cases than China and South Korea because of the measures they took to contain it, that we did not take and still have not taken.

China literally locked 700 million people inside their houses for 2 months to get it under control. Do you think we are going to do that here?

South Korea had a massive testing program available to the public for free as soon as the virus arrived there. That allowed infected people to isolate themselves. In China and South Korea, you are seen as irresponsible if you don't wear a mask in public. In the USA, you are seen as an alarmist. There are big culture differences there as well.

Many people still can't even get tested in America when they display every symptom. The spread continues.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Last edited:

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
The Earth is warming. You can try to argue about if we are accelerating it or not but we are in a warming period exiting an ice age and have been for a long time. The Earth cycles between warming and cooling periods. It's not a political opinion, it's a fact.

It's not fact! I'll give you facts! Al Gore said more than almost 15 years that we'd be under water in 5 years and Al Gore will NOT debate ANYONE on the subject! In the 70's they said it was the new "ICE AGE" we were all going to freeze to death, "FACT"! For the past 10 years or so the earth is actually in a cooling cycle, "FACT"! You threaten to take away generous grants, Scientist will tell you anything you want to here! Yes the topic of Global Warming is political and belongs on the P&R thread!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not fact! I'll give you facts! Al Gore said more than almost 15 years that we'd be under water in 5 years and Al Gore will NOT debate ANYONE on the subject! In the 70's they said it was the new "ICE AGE" we were all going to freeze to death, "FACT"! For the past 10 years or so the earth is actually in a cooling cycle, "FACT"! You threaten to take away generous grants, Scientist will tell you anything you want to here! Yes the topic of Global Warming is political and belongs on the P&R thread!
Al Gore and the media are not the scientific data that says all of those comments are untrue. You're confusing hysteria with fact

And the last ten years being a cooling cycle of climate is totally false. There has been cooler weather in areas but that's not climate.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Al Gore and the media are not the scientific data that says all of those comments are untrue. You're confusing hysteria with fact

And the last ten years being a cooling cycle of climate is totally false. There has been cooler weather in areas but that's not climate.

Yet you continue to make my point, this doesn't belong on the cardinals forum!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I was watching a Netflix show on life in different areas of the planet.

There is like 80% less ice in the artic in the summer than in the 1980s. That means polar bears have much less hunting areas to survive over the summer. Polar might be extinct in 20 years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yet you continue to make my point, this doesn't belong on the cardinals forum!
Dude you’re the one that made this political. Stop your nonsense and maybe we can go back to talking if we will have football this year or not . . . like the thread set out to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose