xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
He is on my do not draft list.

Starts at 18:23 (audio only)

that is quite possibly the worst analysis I’ve ever heard and seen. He’s criticizing him for not making plays against Alabama where it’s clear Saban is running plays away from him. Aaron Donald wouldn’t have made plays either. Awful analysis. The dude pushes his guy into the backfield and causes disruption and moves the QB off the spot. Plus from all accounts he’s just a great person and a hard worker. To me, this is a no brainer. Unless Okuda falls to us, I think we have to take him. I like Simmons but I like Brown better.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that is quite possibly the worst analysis I’ve ever heard and seen. He’s criticizing him for not making plays against Alabama where it’s clear Saban is running plays away from him. Aaron Donald wouldn’t have made plays either. Awful analysis. The dude pushes his guy into the backfield and causes disruption and moves the QB off the spot. Plus from all accounts he’s just a great person and a hard worker. To me, this is a no brainer. Unless Okuda falls to us, I think we have to take him. I like Simmons but I like Brown better.

I watched many prospects analysis from this dude and he has a pretty good knowledge

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think "do not draft" is too strong

i think comparisons to Nkemdiche arent justified. Nkemdiches problem wasnt physical, it was between the ears. Derrick Brown is a A+ when it comes to loving the game and being accountable.

I see him and Andrew Thomas as being in the same bucket: high floor players who at worst will be competent NFL starters. I think they have faded in some eyes as there are questions on how high the upside is.

i think Derrick Brown is the kind of defensive lineman where at the end of the game, the stat sheet is underwhelming -- but if you look at the film you see him blowing things up and letting other guys finish off a play.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I’m not drafting him until at least the 16th pick.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I watched many prospects analysis from this dude and he has a pretty good knowledge
did you watch the video of him criticizing Brown during the Alabama game? What was he expecting Brown to do? He got push upfield, the play went away from him

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah, if somebody has questions about Brown all they need to do is google a replay of the Iron Bowl and watch it. That was a hard fought win against the TOP competition. Brown is among a small handful of players ranked above 7 (with a top score of 8) at NFL.com. The same people that gave Wills a 6.7 I believe it is, as their top rated OT in this draft. I'm comfortable with their assessment.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I thought he played well in that game against a solid O-line, but an NFL line allows less margin for error.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I would imagine most people like Brown because they think he is going to be an elite run stopper for us. It can't be because of his sacks.

In the Alabama game, Najee Harris ran of 146 yards (many times right at him). Brown was a non-factor in the run game...he was manhandled. What is going to happen when he is playing against grown men every Sunday?

Watch Wills in back to back plays in the red zone vs Brown.
@ 3:32 - they run right at him and Wills turns him/puts him on a knee
Very next play they run right at him again and Wills pancakes him...TD.

He does start to turn it on at about 8:43 (7 min left in 4th QTR).

You can watch the entire game below.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Quinnen Williams was better than this guy. And Quinnen shouldn't have went in the top 10.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
I actually think Javon Kinlaw will go before Derrick Brown. He was literally unblockable this year and seems a lot more of a sure fire All-Pro than Br0wn.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Quinnen Williams was better than this guy. And Quinnen shouldn't have went in the top 10.
I didn’t want Quinnen but this is just dumb.
What's dumb? Quinnen's dominance in college or his inability to adapt to an NFL level of talent in his rookie season?

DT's are historically hard to project. Especially interior DLineman with ridiculous strength but lighted technique. It's why so few go in the top 10 unless they are dominant pass rushers. Something QW showed in his final college season and DT didn't. His pass rushing is why he was picked #3.

DB had 50 to 75% of the stats Williams did. It's not debatable. In the same conference with roughly the same level of talent.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
More on Quinnen:

I don't think the Jets go with him at # 3 if they knew they were going to get roughly the same production as Vita Vea and less than Corey Peters.

You draft a guy that high if you think you are getting atleast 75% of what Aaron Donald & Chris Jones do.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think Javon Kinlaw will go before Derrick Brown. He was literally unblockable this year and seems a lot more of a sure fire All-Pro than Br0wn.

I admit I did not watch either's games, but going off their highlight reals, I like Kinlaw better.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
I admit I did not watch either's games, but going off their highlight reals, I like Kinlaw better.
He was dominating the senior bowl practices too before his knee acted up. And he definitely does look the part. I can see Jacksonville grabbing him. They need the line help desperately.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yeah... Kennard scares me. He wasn't highly productive and he was rarely double teamed. And even though he wasn't double teamed, he could only "win" 1 out of 10 pass sets.

Even his 7 sacks last year were an anomaly.
3 in game one versus the Cards and then
1 in games 9, 10, & 11 against Chicago, Dallas, & Washington
1 in week 14 vs. Tampa.

He plays 80% of the snaps on the year, and has an 8 week gap between sacks in 2019.

In 2018 he played over 90% of the defensive snaps and had 5 of his 7 sacks in the first 5 weeks. Then 2 in his last 11 games.

Who knows what will happen at home and with Chandler..... but I'm not super excited about him personally as a player.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr