Wills vs Wirfs

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am seeing a lot saying that Wills has the skillset while Wiirfs has the raw talent. If the basic athleticism is there, I will take the skillset in an offensive lineman any day. Take the lowest risk, plug and play player. The Cardinals cannot afford to miss with this pick.

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
I like a trade down and grabbing Ezra Cleveland. Using the extra pick and replacing the second round pick we traded away

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Im going with wills or Thomas from georgia at 8

I hope it's simmons though!!! Him paired with hicks Jones would be dope!

The problem with Thomas is similar to Wirfs' issue, but he isnt the athlete Wirfs is.

If you want the best physical prospect, Mekhi Becton is the guy for you.

Reaction score

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea who is the best OT in the Draft. All seem to have some "experts" in their corner. As a fan I'll be happy with the one we pick if we do go OT at #8, and every day I seem to climb on a different bandwagon. Today, I'm a Becton fan, and hope he's the choice. Will probably change my mind two or three times in the next couple of weeks. Even if he doesn't start as a rookie, I can see him being used as an extra blocker in short yardage situations.

P.S. Then in the third round we draft a WR (kick, punt returner), Hammer from Penn State. Looking forward to seeing them stand side-by-side in a Photo Op.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The issue is, can Wirfs be taught to block the same way Wills does?

He can be taught.

3 years of great coaching at Iowa...why hasn't he been able to? I think we are agreeing.

Interesting info on Iowa OL (that may only interest me).

Highest ranked/best OL from Iowa over the past 10 years:

Brandon Scherff - Played LT at Iowa, was drafted to compete at RT, and ended up at RG

Riley Reiff - Played LT at Iowa and plays LT for Vikings

Bryan Bulaga - Played LT at Iowa and has played RT in NFL

Marshal Yanda - Played RT but became one of the best OG's in the NFL