Trade back partners

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Which teams would be willing to trade up to our spot to pick a certain player. I know I've seen where tackle and wide receiver seem to be the main positions people would be willing to trade up for possibly but it would be probably be more likely if one of the three quarterbacks fell to the number 8 pick. Just wandering what trade scenarios might be if SK decides to move back no more than 7-8 picks. Yes, I know it's crazy for us to trade back but crazier things have happened. SK isn't Al Davis but he's definitely surprised us, and for some frustrated, with several of his picks.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Most realistic Trade down scenario is with a team that want to jump on the first WR or OT. Perhaps jump before jax if a QB Fell.

Jets at #11 to move ahead of the Browns for a OT. Raiders at #12 need OT and WR. Broncos at #15 need WR

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Tampa should be doing everything possible to secure O line help for Brady.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting Gilbert back and trading for Hopkins makes our selection unpredictable so maybe one of the listed teams will jump ahead of us trading with the panthers
At this point maybe one between Okudah and Simmons can be there

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It will definitely depend how the draft plays out through the first 6 picks. If you are ones who want us trading for more picks, you probably need to create a scenario of a player being available at 8 that a team would move up for.

Say if Vikes fall in love with Okuda and Keim would rather have 2 later 1sts if he was the one who fell to us, then we could get 22 & 25 maybe. Probably would cost us a 4th also. So now, who do we take that Keim assumes will still be there (huge assumption). Maybe he likes and is hoping for AT or JJ at OT and maybe a CB like Utah's JJ or Auburns NI, or maybe he likes A&Ms JM at DT, or Wiscs ZB at OLB.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Denver is probably as far as I would trade back unless we are talking about getting future 1sts...and even then its about who is on the board.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Getting Gilbert back and trading for Hopkins makes our selection unpredictable so maybe one of the listed teams will jump ahead of us trading with the panthers
At this point maybe one between Okudah and Simmons can be there
I see teams needing a WR calling but dont pass on a guy just to move down if we really like player X take him and move on.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just stay where we are and take the most impactful player on the board.

Hopkins, Fitz, Drake, Kirk and Ruggs. What a plethora of weapons. A two yard slant can be a fifty yard gain in the blink of an eye. Perfect combination to move the ball up and down the field. Now when we get to the red zone you replace Kirk with Arnold.

Wow! Fitz , Hopkins and Arnold for the red zone attack.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just stay where we are and take the most impactful player on the board.

Hopkins, Fitz, Drake, Kirk and Ruggs. What a plethora of weapons. A two yard slant can be a fifty yard gain in the blink of an eye. Perfect combination to move the ball up and down the field. Now when we get to the red zone you replace Kirk with Arnold.

Wow! Fitz , Hopkins and Arnold for the red zone attack.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach
Can't say this enough. A turnstyle offensive line is gonna get Murray killed out there, and at that point it doesn't matter who you have at receiver if he can't even get to the first read.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure #8 is valuable enough to trade up to, unless it is for QB. This draft is deep. I don't feel #8 will be worth a king's ransom, but it could get Cards some draft capital like 2/3 round stuff.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Learn the lessons of the past and don't trade back.

That was 100% stupid because Suggs was clearly an impact player and a local kid. SMH

However, that is n=1. Have we ever done that before/after and how do teams that trade down typically do vs staying put?

I seriously don't know...just curious.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That was 100% stupid because Suggs was clearly an impact player and a local kid. SMH

However, that is n=1. Have we ever done that before/after and how do teams that trade down typically do vs staying put?

We screwed up when we traded down with New Orleans and drafted Dbuc....not the trade down but the pick itself. We traded down...had no QB...and left Carr and Bridgewater on the table.

We could have had Carr waiting in the wings the second Palmer retired

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We screwed up when we traded down with New Orleans and drafted Dbuc....not the trade down but the pick itself. We traded down...had no QB...and left Carr and Bridgewater on the table.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

And the Raiders reportedly have wanted to move on from Carr for awhile now. And multiple teams have let Bridgewater go. Neither are special.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Which teams would be willing to trade up to our spot to pick a certain player. I know I've seen where tackle and wide receiver seem to be the main positions people would be willing to trade up for possibly but it would be probably be more likely if one of the three quarterbacks fell to the number 8 pick. Just wandering what trade scenarios might be if SK decides to move back no more than 7-8 picks. Yes, I know it's crazy for us to trade back but crazier things have happened. SK isn't Al Davis but he's definitely surprised us, and for some frustrated, with several of his picks.
7 to 8 pick move back would be moronic and completely take us away from being able to draft top ten talent... we should move back no more than 4, if that

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
7 to 8 pick move back would be moronic and completely take us away from being able to draft top ten talent... we should move back no more than 4, if that

At 15 one of the 3 top receivers, Kinlaw, or 1 of the top 4 tackles is all but guaranteed to be there.

Because 3 qb, Okudah, Young, Simmons, and Derick Brown will go in the top 10 guaranteed.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And the Raiders reportedly have wanted to move on from Carr for awhile now. And multiple teams have let Bridgewater go. Neither are special.

And we moved on from DBuc...

You're right...we were better of with Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley starting a playoff game than we would have been with Carr or Bridgewater.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moving back subjects us to scrutiny and regret.

If we hit it right with the 8 th pick, which many say just looking at the rankings, will be hard to miss, great. Whether it’s Lamb, Okudah, or an OT. It’s a little bit touchy with OT because we may have a shot of at least 3 of them.

There was whispers around here about trading down last year. We didn’t. We took Murray and by his success we are not feeling regret about the success of Bosa.

But trade down and watch the 7 players we passed on leaves an awful lot of potential regret UNLESS we hit on the picks we got in return....and the odds of that would be against us.

How would it feel watching Lamb go to the 49ers and exploding against us twice a year when we could of had him?

I’m leaning on the side of staying right where we’re at and taking a “sure thing”.

one more thing. Trading down may add one extra player but is that the difference in turning us into a contender this year? I doubt it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
At 15 one of the 3 top receivers, Kinlaw, or 1 of the top 4 tackles is all but guaranteed to be there.

Because 3 qb, Okudah, Young, Simmons, and Derick Brown will go in the top 10 guaranteed.

That's the consensus of the masses but not how the teams might view the players and the reality of how they may turn out for their respective value because we know there are not going to be four tackles which become all pros and not all those WRs are going to pan out as a difference maker in the sweet spot we are now of being able to acquire from Keim's top ten which I hope is right lol

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
To me trading with Denver makes the most sense assuming Denver wants its pick of the top receivers. Even if AZ doesn’t take one NYJ, Indy & Oakland figure to strip the top guys. That said I’d want their Round 2 pick, not 2 thirds. It’s very close to chart value. Keep in mind that any trade partner you suggest must have picks that fit the exchange value.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me trading with Denver makes the most sense assuming Denver wants its pick of the top receivers. Even if AZ doesn’t take one NYJ, Indy & Oakland figure to strip the top guys. That said I’d want their Round 2 pick, not 2 thirds. It’s very close to chart value. Keep in mind that any trade partner you suggest must have picks that fit the exchange value.

(Spit-ballin')

It seems to me, given "O" and "D" efficiency rankings that (9) Jacksonville (10) Cleveland (11) NY Jets could all be interested in the top wideouts in the draft, although 0-line seems more likely for Cleveland. Still, if the Jets want the pick of the litter they would have to trade up to #8.

VALUE CHART (as guide)

C: #8 = 1400 pts

J: #11 = 1250 pts

Cards could ask for:

J: #68 = 250 pts

Cards could accept:

J: #79 = 195 pts

In this scenario, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs or a quality OT could be off the board when the Cards pick. Cards would likely have a choice of Ruggs, one of the prospective tackles (Wills/Brown?) or perhaps turn to someone like (Kinlaw/Chaisson?) on "D". The extra #3rd could allow them to draft an O-guard of the future, John Simpson, for example.