CB: Robert Alford
NB: Byron Murphy
FS: Budda Baker
SS: Jalen Thompson

K: Zane Gonzalez
P: Andy Lee
LS: Aaron Brewer
KR/PR: Christian Kirk

The players in bold are free agents after this year. It should be noted Robert Alford is 31 years old.

The top 10 needs based on what I am seeing:

1. Offensive Line
2. Cornerback
3. Wide Receiver
4. Defensive Line
5. Safety
6. Inside Linebacker
7. Tight End
8. Guard
9. Punter
10. Outside Linebacker

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Baker is going to want to get paid and I dont think a good, solid safety who doesnt produce turnovers is worth a ton.

He is good at TFLs though. I read somewhere that he leads the league for safeties since he entered the NFL.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baker is going to want to get paid and I dont think a good, solid safety who doesnt produce turnovers is worth a ton.

He is good at TFLs though. I read somewhere that he leads the league for safeties since he entafetyered the NFL.

Right, his game has too many flaws especially in a pass happy NFL, i wouldn't extend him

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d extend Baker with the quickness & much rather over Peterson.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

He is good at TFLs though. I read somewhere that he leads the league for safeties since he entered the NFL.
Agreed.

I am amazed at the flexibility the Cardinals have for the up coming draft.

I hope Keim is conservative with the 1st round and 3rd round picks, from there? Let the guy go ahead and do his normal Keimy drafting.

Like if Wirfs or Becton is there at #8, ypu take him over a guy like Kinlaw. That is what I would say is conservative.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As far as ranking the order of free agents I would like to see re-signed:

Andy Lee
Budda Baker
Patrick Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald
Kenyan Drake
Dan Arnold
DeVondre Campbell
Corey Peters
JR Sweezy
Marcus Gilbert

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we don't have so much flexibility as some people say
The offensive line :
Justin pugh and dj humphries have injury concerns and aren't very good either
Cole didn't show enough to be considered starting material
Sweezy is an average player
Murray is a 26 years old who saw unexpected playing time and pleasantly show some improvements, but not enough to be a legit starter
Gilbert played like 6 games in 3 years

Tigh end.
Ok Maxx Williams but Arnold is too light to be reliable in pass blocking

Defensive line still below average

Not depth a both Ilb and Olb

Did the Safeties learn how to cover?

When a new season start and free agency is done we use to forget how mediocre in some positions was our roster

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I may very well be that NONE of those people are on the team next year.
Arnold performed well in a couple of games. Fitz wants to break some records. Lee has been very reliable. Beyond that, who knows.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
Defensively we're not in good shape at all. The d-line needs love, the secondary needs love, the only area where I think we're just "okay" for now is linebacker. Drake and Hopkins on offense with Murray is incredible. I still can't believe it. If we can get a solid defense going there's no reason why we aren't in the conversation for the next five years.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We won't be contenders until we can stop the run. We need that monster in the middle sooner than later. We could take care of that this year if we chose to with our first pick. But I am not holding my breath for that to happen. That kind of guy seems to be available at the top of FA each year if we ever have the salary cap to spend on one. I would prefer using our 1st rounder one year though.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought I saw/read a couple days ago where Zach Allen signed with another team? Or was that a different Zach? Or a different Allen? Or did I just imagine that?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone see the NFL.com mock draft today. It has us trading back with the Broncos for two 3rd rounders to 15

Looking at the prospects I think 15 is the end of the first tier, and we should be able to still get a first rate player there.

I am really hoping we are able to trade back with either the Raider, Niners or Broncos who all want receivers and may want to get their first choice.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought I saw/read a couple days ago where Zach Allen signed with another team? Or was that a different Zach? Or a different Allen? Or did I just imagine that?

You imagined it. He is on the 2nd year of his rookie contract.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
1. Offensive Line
2. Cornerback
3. Wide Receiver
4. Defensive Line
5. Safety
6. Inside Linebacker
7. Tight End
8. Guard
9. Punter
10. Outside Linebacker

They should get the Budah Baker extension done at some point. I'd say he's the priority right at the moment. Peterson, maybe.

If we trade back a little and take a first round CB, his days could be numbered.

If we trade back into the 2nd the best CB's will be gone and I'd prefer targeting another position of need. OL, DL or LB mtl.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Different Allen, OG.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Defensively we're not in good shape at all. The d-line needs love, the secondary needs love, the only area where I think we're just "okay" for now is linebacker. Drake and Hopkins on offense with Murray is incredible. I still can't believe it. If we can get a solid defense going there's no reason why we aren't in the conversation for the next five years.

Plus Jones and Peterson aren’t getting any younger. The best way raise the floor of a mediocre defense is by having a game wrecker in the middle.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Fitz will stay if he wants.
Sweezy, Peters, Lee & Campbell will likely be re-signed.
Drake will depend on durability, performance and if they draft an RB.
Peterson & Arnold will be performance decisions. They would likely be multi-year re-signs if they’re signed.
Gilbert is one & done if he makes it that far.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We won't be contenders until we can stop the run. We need that monster in the middle sooner than later. We could take care of that this year if we chose to with our first pick. But I am not holding my breath for that to happen. That kind of guy seems to be available at the top of FA each year if we ever have the salary cap to spend on one. I would prefer using our 1st rounder one year though.
How much bigger of a man do you need than Jordan Phillips?

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave