Keim Not Done

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Veteran rest days are different than just taking your own time off. His time will change around Larry. I'd bet on it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
There's no difference between RT and LT anymore. Those days are long gone. The two highest paid tackles in the league are right tackles.
That is Bull.

It’s a pure randomness that arguebly the Two Best RTs just had their contract extention, while No elite LT had.

Ronnie Stanley and Tunsil are Coming up next and both Will get more.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His work ethic can be like Larry.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

He is a great player but I don't think leopards change their spots. Once Larry retires who will be left with? I'm all for win now and he will be huge in making that happen. Guess I am just anticipating that while the O'Brian looks like an idiot today, it's possible that we feel some pain down the road unless we pay him 18- $20M a year. This thread entry started with wondering if Murray's relationship with Lamb might cause friction in what might be a delicate WR room.

"There was friction with Hopkins inside the organization, and really it had everything to do with Monday-to-Saturday. On Sundays, he was exemplary. The rest of the week, his practice habits (he didn’t practice much at all) became a problem, and because he was such a big star he had the ability to carry teammates in the wrong direction—guys who might not be able to turn it on come game day as easily as he could. And that was, if not easy, manageable. That said, it’s one thing to keep a guy who may not totally align with the program on an existing contract. It’s another to reward him with a new contract with three years left on that deal, and have to handle the message it sends to the locker room. And those intangible elements, by the way, are central to how EVP Jack Easterby is trying to help O’Brien rework the organization."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/23/tampa-bay-buccaneers-scout-tom-brady-diggs-hopkins-trades

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Brees has said he thinks his guards and center are more important than his tackles. It allows him to step up and see downfield.

I look for the Cards to beef up the middle of the line if anything.

Keim might use the draft to attempt to load up this offense. Trade down still get a top wr, rb, guard and Te.

Just sayin....

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we don't take a RT then Keim is dumb.

You can have the 3 best WRs in the league but it doesn't matter if you don't have time to find them.
Yup tell that to baker mayfield and the browns lol all that hype after getting odel and he wants out after 1 season lol

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If you make picks based on what a second year player of all people wants you're in for a bad time. When he's on his back half the season or standing on the sideline 70% of the game because the defense can't get off the field I don't want to hear anything from him.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you make picks based on what a second year player of all people wants you're in for a bad time. When he's on his back half the season or standing on the sideline 70% of the game because the defense can't get off the field I don't want to hear anything from him.

Hello Hyperbole, welcome to the board

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the comments at the end.

Murray will be on the sidelines 70%

Cardinals time of possession in 2019: 27:41 So 54% of the time Murray is on the sideline not 70%. Roughly a 500% increase

That is before all the off season improvements to defense and returning starters from injury, suspension, or late season trades.

Murray will spend half the season on his back

Kyler Murray had 542 drop backs in 2019 and was sacked 48 times. That is an 8% sack rate per attempt. Actually over a 500% exaggeration

48 sacks tied Wilson but Wilson was sacked that much on 26 less pass attempts, which puts him at 9%. Watson is the same number.

Meanwhile Murray's sack rate is in line with multiple players at lower pass attempts.

I rate the original post ehh...500% hyperbole.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
Hello Hyperbole, welcome to the board
So there’s a slight exaggeration, big deal. Taking draft advice from a second year player who shouldn’t have any say at all when 10 year vets in the league don’t even get the privilege? Or do you think the offensive line is somehow improved over last year or our defense is now top half of the league with no additions to one of the worst statistical secondaries and a at best average front seven.

Frankly, I really don’t see how drafting a rookie wide receiver with a critical draft pick makes our team better over offensive line help or defense and puts us in the position to compete for a playoff spot. Seattle and San Francisco are gonna work the clock against us like nobodies business and he’ll be stuck on the sidelines. And when he does get on the field Kyler will be running for his life again like last year.

So please, by all means, enlighten us how this rookie wide receiver, who at best will be the fourth option on offence makes us a better this year.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I'm ok with taking an offensive linemen as long as talent level is equal to other positions. I'm not trying to run into another Levi brown situation here.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, challenge accepted even though I prefer defense or offensive line if we stay at 8.

#1. offensive sets are why a receiver may matter

The Cardinals ran 1000 offensive plays in 2019. Great number because it makes the percentages easy.

34.6% of the time they were in 11 personel or 3 WRs.
31.7% of the time they were in 10 personel or 4 WRs
0.5% they went 5 WRs

This means that if your assumption is that the #8 pick is at best a #4 WR then that person will play 32.2% of the time. If they become the #3 receiver they would play 66.8% of the time.

#2. Christian Kirk

I like Kirk but he has missed 1/4 of the season twice now. He also was #84 in yards before catch and #101 in yards after the catch. Larry, as old as he is, beat him in both areas. Between lack of availability and lack of explosiveness he wasn't a reliable option at #2. Damiere Byrd outperformed him in the final three games.

If Kirk doesn't improve, he won't be even a #3 when he is healthy enough to be a #3.

#3. The Rookies from Last Year.

Disappointing is all that can be said about the rookies from last year. It is magnified by how many other rookie WRs hit.

Hakeem Butler was the worst WR in camp and would have been cut if he wasn't put on IR.

Andy Isabella has neither Murray or Kingsbury's confidence. Those 3 games where Byrd became the defacto #2? Isabella had 1 target.

KeeSean didn't see the field after week 11.

Basically the exact opposite of what I would expect for rookies happened here. As the season went on they became less of a factor until they weren't a factor at all.

There is nothing to indicate that these guys were good picks or can be counted on in 2020. You have to hope Isabella steps up but you also can't get caught up in sunk costs.

#4. Larry Fitz

The end is coming sooner than later. 1 or 2 years at max. You are drafting a receiver this year or next year. If you believe this is your chance at an elite duo that you can pair with Murray for the next 5 years then you do it.

#5. Salary Cap Management

You are going to need to pay Hopkins with his talent. Kirk's rookie deal ends in 2 years. Larry is on a 1 or 2 year deal.

A rookie at #8 will make just under 5 million annual. Drafting that rookie now means that when Larry retires you aren't tied to paying Kirk as a #2 WR. In fact, that rookie's contract will be up for renewal right when Hopkins is ending and his career is winding down. It gives you greater flexibility long term

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Because the comments at the end.

Murray will be on the sidelines 70%

Cardinals time of possession in 2019: 27:41 So 54% of the time Murray is on the sideline not 70%. Roughly a 500% increase

That is before all the off season improvements to defense and returning starters from injury, suspension, or late season trades.

Murray will spend half the season on his back

Kyler Murray had 542 drop backs in 2019 and was sacked 48 times. That is an 8% sack rate per attempt. Actually over a 500% exaggeration

48 sacks tied Wilson but Wilson was sacked that much on 26 less pass attempts, which puts him at 9%. Watson is the same number.

Meanwhile Murray's sack rate is in line with multiple players at lower pass attempts.

I rate the original post ehh...500% hyperbole.

I don't think @AirRaid sat down to calculate the exact percentage of time Kyler would be on the sideline if the defense didn't improve, or the exact amount of dropbacks that were going to happen. Do you spend 45 minutes going back and researching exact numbers for every post? The point is, "we're going to be bad if we don't address these issues."

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sure, challenge accepted even though I prefer defense or offensive line if we stay at 8.

#1. offensive sets are why a receiver may matter

The Cardinals ran 1000 offensive plays in 2019. Great number because it makes the percentages easy.

34.6% of the time they were in 11 personel or 3 WRs.
31.7% of the time they were in 10 personel or 4 WRs
0.5% they went 5 WRs

This means that if your assumption is that the #8 pick is at best a #4 WR then that person will play 32.2% of the time. If they become the #3 receiver they would play 66.8% of the time.

#2. Christian Kirk

I like Kirk but he has missed 1/4 of the season twice now. He also was #84 in yards before catch and #101 in yards after the catch. Larry, as old as he is, beat him in both areas. Between lack of availability and lack of explosiveness he wasn't a reliable option at #2. Damiere Byrd outperformed him in the final three games.

If Kirk doesn't improve, he won't be even a #3 when he is healthy enough to be a #3.

#3. The Rookies from Last Year.

Disappointing is all that can be said about the rookies from last year. It is magnified by how many other rookie WRs hit.

Hakeem Butler was the worst WR in camp and would have been cut if he wasn't put on IR.

Andy Isabella has neither Murray or Kingsbury's confidence. Those 3 games where Byrd became the defacto #2? Isabella had 1 target.

KeeSean didn't see the field after week 11.

Basically the exact opposite of what I would expect for rookies happened here. As the season went on they became less of a factor until they weren't a factor at all.

There is nothing to indicate that these guys were good picks or can be counted on in 2020. You have to hope Isabella steps up but you also can't get caught up in sunk costs.

#4. Larry Fitz

The end is coming sooner than later. 1 or 2 years at max. You are drafting a receiver this year or next year. If you believe this is your chance at an elite duo that you can pair with Murray for the next 5 years then you do it.

#5. Salary Cap Management

You are going to need to pay Hopkins with his talent. Kirk's rookie deal ends in 2 years. Larry is on a 1 or 2 year deal.

A rookie at #8 will make just under 5 million annual. Drafting that rookie now means that when Larry retires you aren't tied to paying Kirk as a #2 WR. In fact, that rookie's contract will be up for renewal right when Hopkins is ending and his career is winding down. It gives you greater flexibility long term
Counter-point: good WRs are available every single year, in abundance. In the draft, or in free agency. When your team has an overwhelming strength, and glaring immediate weaknesses, you don't worry about what "might" be in a year.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think @AirRaid sat down to calculate the exact percentage of time Kyler would be on the sideline if the defense didn't improve, or the exact amount of dropbacks that were going to happen. Do you spend 45 minutes going back and researching exact numbers for every post? The point is, "we're going to be bad if we don't address these issues."

**whistle***

Moving the goalposts

5 post penalty

Replay this comment

I don't see how that's hyperbole.

You asked how it was hyperbole so I answered your question.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose