Marcus Gilbert re-signed

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like the signing. He is injury prone and this is a high risk. This is big waste of money. First real stupid move by Keim.

According to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, the deal is worth up to $3.75 million.‬

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I don't like the signing. He is injury prone and this is a high risk. This is big waste of money. First real stupid move by Keim.

im willing to bet $100 that its a vet minimum deal + per game active bonuses + lots of other not likely to reach incentives that add up to $3.75mm

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So the Up to is a key point. He would have to remain healthy and start a certain amount of games to earn that money. My guess he is getting around the league minimum and if he starts and stays healthy then he gets the money. Paying 3.75 mil for a starting OT in the NFL is a freaking steal.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I am actually beginning to think Ruggs might be more likely.
I can't imagine a draft scenario I'd be more mad at. I'm sure there's ways, but skipping over the franchise QB's top guy for who has been the third WR through most of the draft process screams Keim thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I can't imagine a draft scenario I'd be more mad at. I'm sure there's ways, but skipping over the franchise QB's top guy for who has been the third WR through most of the draft process screams Keim thinking he's smarter than everyone else.
While I would personally want Lamb over Ruggs, what would you say if they did trade back, picked up a 2nd and still got 1 of the top 3 WRs (even if that is Ruggs)?

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He has the speed you want though to free up Hopkins.

I am thinking it would most likely be a trade back a few spots pick.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Yeah so was the Boz, Wadsworth, Ryan Leaf and several others.

I am actually beginning to think Ruggs might be more likely.

Wadsworth was a case of injuries that derailed his career, no way of predicting that. Ryan Leaf was a head case. There's plenty of guys who project to be studs that fulfill that projection.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
While I would personally want Lamb over Ruggs, what would you say if they did trade back, picked up a 2nd and still got 1 of the top 3 WRs (even if that is Ruggs)?
I'd probably still think it was a baffling idea. People keep using the example of Levi Brown vs. Adrian Peterson as a reason we shouldn't take an OT, but what about the Suggs vs. Calvin Pace & Bryant Johnson issue? We're getting too close to trying to be too smart here.

He has the speed you want though to free up Hopkins.

I am thinking it would most likely be a trade back a few spots pick.
We just drafted a WR a year ago that's supposed to have top level long speed. Maybe let's put him on the field, instead of spending a 1st round pick for a guy to run go routes. Is JJ Nelson still working?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
None of these moves have any effect on the draft pick depending on the guarantees.

Considering we paid Gilbert 6m for doing nothing and his injury history I'm guessing his G's will be low.

So if a tackle they like falls to them then it's fair game but same with most positions.

I do however think Keim would like to trade back and get the 2nd back.

He is not drafting a Tackle with Murray and Gilbert, not happening its Lamb or Simmons if he falls guarenteed!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K2 & Keim made it clear that he was the best O-Lineman in camp last year. If he's at a minimum salary with incentives..... who can argue with this?
+1

Can't hurt if it's an incentive based contract. That way we hope he gets all of it because that means he is playing at a high level and is healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave