Who do we draft now at #8?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Say that Simmons falls to us... Does he not remove a ton of what Budda does? Or would he move solely to ILB?
I think he would primarily man ILB to start, it's what he wants to play. But you can never have enough guys who do that kind of thing in the NFL.

I think people get worried about Deone Bucannon's situation happening again, but Simmons has size and speed that Buc just simply didn't have, he's really dominant. The concept of getting him is exciting.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think he would primarily man ILB to start, it's what he wants to play. But you can never have enough guys who do that kind of thing in the NFL.

I think people get worried about Deone Bucannon's situation happening again, but Simmons has size and speed that Buc just simply didn't have, he's really dominant. The concept of getting him is exciting.
Exactly. He has a similar type of versatility as Deone, but instead of being okay at a bunch of things he has the ability to be great at a bunch of things.

Reaction score
The fact that a majority of this board wanted to take a OT during the season only to switch up & take a position where it offers the least impact with the smallest shelf life on defense is absolutely hilarious.
Shortest shelf life, ok. Least impactful? :doi:

Reaction score
There are a lot of directions to go with that first pick at #8. Rather than what to do, it is much easier to say what I don't want the Cardinals and Keim to do.

That is PLEASE do not settle for selecting the third or fourth best OT on your board because the others are already gone, and you feel you need to select OT! :pullhair:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel Kiper Jr has the Cardinals drafting Tristan Wirfs at #8.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we stop with the Isiah Simmons is a safety talk. Yes he started at safety but the kid has clearly outgrown it. He’s a linebacker that’s it.

Isiah Simmons 6,4 240lbs
Deone Bucannon 6’1 216lbs

juuuuust a little bit of a difference.

He’s much closer to Urlacher than Bucannon. Urlacher another LB who started out at safety

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
(1) Becton is a rare talent.
  • Absolute beast in the running game (we would dominate the run game)
  • Has played both LT and RT
  • Will hold down RT for the next 2-3 year and could be potential replacement for Humphries at LT
  • I can't imagine what he could be with Coach Kugler
(2) Wills is a technician
  • He will be a pro bowl player
  • Smooth, nasty, and can get to the second level with ease
  • If he can play LT...that would be significant
(3) Wirfs is extremely athletic
  • If you tell me he will be pro Bowl guard for the next 10 years - I would buy it
  • He isn't dominate in the running game...athletic but not dominant
  • He can play RT just fine but not special
  • Can he play LT? Most people have him at G in the NFL
The offense is using the O-linmen more in space than any other team in the league and I would stay clear of Becton for that reason. Do not trust that big players in that system on the outside.

Wirfs can play OT. Only DJ has him at G. The question about LT is legit, though.

Willis or Wirfs are solid picks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we stop with the Isiah Simmons is a safety talk. Yes he started at safety but the kid has clearly outgrown it. He’s a linebacker that’s it.

Isiah Simmons 6,4 240lbs

He’s much closer to Urlacher than Bucannon. Urlacher another LB who started out at safety
Simmons can play safety. He can also play lb. His position is lb though.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Isiah Simmons 6,4 240lbs

Kam Chancellor 6'3 231lbs.
Sean Taylor 6'2 230lbs.
Thomas Davis 6'1 230lbs.

Maybe we can stop stating definitively where Simmons would best fit because his size states it could go either way. Urlacher was 258lbs coming out of college and 18lbs of muscle matters. I like the player more than I like the fit in our system and with our roster. That is where I land.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Friends in OH continue to say that the topic of radio conversation is the Browns trading up to 8 with the Cardinals. They have also said that the Browns are so desperate for an OLinemen, that they will overpay to make that move. The only way I don't make that trade is if Okudah or Simmons are still available at 8. Maybe Brown too.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Friends in OH continue to say that the topic of radio conversation is the Browns trading up to 8 with the Cardinals. They have also said that the Browns are so desperate for an OLinemen, that they will overpay to make that move. The only way I don't make that trade is if Okudah or Simmons are still available at 8. Maybe Brown too.

10 is about as low as I would trade down. Still guarantees a top player. Hopefully we can fleece the Browns for their second round pick, maybe give them the fourth we got from the Texans to get it done. While I love the addition of Hopkins, I really want to recoup a round two pick if possible, and give the Cards tremendous flexibility

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would be the return? We need O-line too.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the Jets losing Robby Anderson to Carolina, they might be willing to trade up and get a WR before the Raiders pick. If the Jets don't care whether it's Lamb or Jeudy or Ruggs, they might stay put. A fun draft.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
IF you take a WR...it has to be a trade down first IMO.

If Okudah, Simmons, or your #1 OT are there at #8...take them.

If not, trade down and get an extra pick (preferably round 2).

I would be happy with any of the top 3 WR's or any of the top 3 OT's in a trade down (along with Kinlaw).

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Lamb still in play according to Benjamin Allbright. Albright also mentioned that Wills is rumored to have learning issues. The latest rumors circulating on twitter say that the Cardinals are looking at Simmons, Brown, Wirfs and Lamb if they stay at 8.