For the Less Informed: Draft Needs

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s less silly than worrying about WR when we have possibly the best WR in the league, a hall of famer, one good second round pick and one question mark, and two other guys who could functionally make the team and would be silly to totally give up on this soon.
WRs are asked to do more in today's NFL, you are required to have more on your roster, and the learning curve can be much steeper. RBs are a dime a dozen.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QB
I was all in on drafting Levi Brown instead of the oft injured AP, so your point doesn't fall on deaf ears. Trading back is our best option IMO and as I stated I would understand if we take Simmons. Okudah won't be there IMO but if he is then taking him would be acceptable as well.

DT's scare me because the bust rate seems higher than a lot of other positions. We do need help there so if one is there that rates higher than an OT then I would understand that as well.

I don't want a WR at 8 because there are a bunch of quality WR's in this draft. Plus I agree with Shane that we don't/shouldn't need 3 stud WR's in KK's offense.

Bottom line is that the top 4 OT's in this draft have many experts singing their praises but your concern of 2 or 3 going before our #8 pick is very unlikely.
If all we have to choose from is the third or fourth OT available, then someone else will have fallen to us. Probably Simmons or Okudah. The 8th pick is a good position. We just cannot force our pick based upon need. We need to take the BPA who is not a QB or WR.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
WRs are asked to do more in today's NFL, you are required to have more on your roster, and the learning curve can be much steeper. RBs are a dime a dozen.
Yeah, but we already have them (and highly drafted) on our roster. We don't have any RBs. Last year this team got down to its third and even fourth RBs. I don't want both of those guys to be UDFAs. It's dumb to give up on our entire crop of 2018 picks after one year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, but we already have them (and highly drafted) on our roster. We don't have any RBs. Last year this team got down to its third and even fourth RBs. I don't want both of those guys to be UDFAs. It's dumb to give up on our entire crop of 2018 picks after one year.
Why?

Look at the RBs that were involved in the most recent Super Bowl.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why?

Look at the RBs that were involved in the most recent Super Bowl.
Complete statistical outliers. Also, both bounced around teams and grew NFL experience. I know you like thinking outside the box, but come on man. Go break down how many UDFAs were signed at RB and didn't even make the roster compared to the guys who are even barely successful and the number is gonna be very small.

If you're arguing to solve our #3 and #4 RB spots with UDFAs, I have a feeling you're just doing it because you enjoy fighting with me.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Complete statistical outliers. Also, both bounced around teams and grew NFL experience. I know you like thinking outside the box, but come on man. Go break down how many UDFAs were signed at RB and didn't even make the roster compared to the guys who are even barely successful and the number is gonna be very small.

If you're arguing to solve our #3 and #4 RB spots with UDFAs, I have a feeling you're just doing it because you enjoy fighting with me.
I don’t see it as a big deal at all if a UDFA is our #3 RB at all. How many touches they’ll get a game? Like, 3-4?

If there’s one position where I would be comfortable as a UDFA getting a bit of time, it would be a RB. Even Seattle has a solid RB that’s a UDFA & he’s RB1.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t see it as a big deal at all if a UDFA is our #3 RB at all. How many touches they’ll get a game? Like, 3-4?

If there’s one position where I would be comfortable as a UDFA getting a bit of time, it would be a RB. Even Seattle has a solid RB that’s a UDFA & he’s RB1.
Last year our #3 RB got 123 carries. Kenyan Drake.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Who was unquestionably our #1 RB the second he got traded for.
I disagree with that, but injuries didn't help. The fact of the matter is, we weren't prepared with enough talent on our team at the RB position to make things work. What if Drake wasn't available and we had to make due with Zenner and Morris, two guys we signed before Drake? Things would have been really bad.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to DJ Foster? Probably finished in the NFL after never showing much and being unable to stay healthy as an RB3... but it seemed some here liked him.

...dave

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree with that, but injuries didn't help. The fact of the matter is, we weren't prepared with enough talent on our team at the RB position to make things work. What if Drake wasn't available and we had to make due with Zenner and Morris, two guys we signed before Drake? Things would have been really bad.
You mean things were better because we had Drake????

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You mean things were better because we had Drake????
Better than Zenner and Morris, sure.

Listen, Drake's got enough talent to be good for a few games. But I don't think (moreso trust) that he can be the 100% prime ballcarrier for a team. We're about to see, but it's why I'd like the insurance of a flyer on a guy in the 3rd/4th to potentially outperform those two or at least give us an option in 2021 if Drake isn't the answer... as opposed to going into Kyler's most important year wondering WTF we're going to do at the RB position.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better than Zenner and Morris, sure.

Listen, Drake's got enough talent to be good for a few games. But I don't think (moreso trust) that he can be the 100% prime ballcarrier for a team. We're about to see, but it's why I'd like the insurance of a flyer on a guy in the 3rd/4th to potentially outperform those two or at least give us an option in 2021 if Drake isn't the answer... as opposed to going into Kyler's most important year wondering WTF we're going to do at the RB position.
We will draft a rb . Just don’t know when.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hope your right, what teams want to come up for which prospects?
I would guess the Raiders if they covet one of the WR's over the other 2. The Browns are looking for an OT & so are the Jets. I could guess a little further if I had the draft order in front of me right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave