I know this draft is seen as loaded at WR

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
But just imagine if the Cards got Robby Anderson as that deep threat... really that would complete this WR group because the guy is looking at a market which is not giving him what he thought he could get since he really is a complimentary piece and not a one or two
Wow. Noticed you changed your avatar. Out with the arch & in with the cardinal inside the state of Texas. I like the new one bro.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But just imagine if the Cards got Robby Anderson as that deep threat... really that would complete this WR group because the guy is looking at a market which is not giving him what he thought he could get since he really is a complimentary piece and not a one or two
Why does the board still get this garbage posted to waste space???? THE CARDINALS WILL NEVER SIGN ROBBIE ANDERSON. Read it twice if need be. I cannot understand why this keeps having to be explained. Mike B doesn’t pursue known scumbags. It just doesn’t happen. Ever. Not ever ever. Get over it.

Reactions: HGC

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If those grades were correct, I would take Okudah. However, if it was 8.5 for Wirfs and 8.8 for Okudah, I'm taking Wirfs. We are more likely to win games keeping my #1 overall draft pick clean to make 100% of the plays in the high octane offense my team is built around, as opposed to having a #3/4 CB to play maybe 50% of snaps.

And I'm aware how Okudah could fit in for the future with the Cards depending on Patrick Peterson, but I'm much more scared of Justin Murray whiffing a block and letting Joey Bosa or Aaron Donald kill Kyler Murray than I am of Jared Goff or Jimmy G throwing the ball.
There is not a team on the planet, at any level, who would take Wirfs over Okudah.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Why does the board still get this garbage posted to waste space???? THE CARDINALS WILL NEVER SIGN ROBBIE ANDERSON. Read it twice if need be. I cannot understand why this keeps having to be explained. Mike B doesn’t pursue known scumbags. It just doesn’t happen. Ever. Not ever ever. Get over it.
I was not aware he was such a scumbag and I am not being sarcastic, but I do know what he offers on the field and feel him or possibly a similar vet floating around with some speed could complete this WR room without having to take from other positions in the draft. I am though fairly aware of the Bidwills' stance on such players so you where not reminding me 'again'... a simple "nah Jet, dude has character issues which as you know does not fly here" would had suffice :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I know he's been passed around by a few teams, I also know there's no guarantees on any players transition into the league. Murray started all but 2 games for us in 2019, that's experience a rookie can't give us in 2020. The job he did coming in against Lions after being with the team only 3 days was amazing, I believe Sean Kugler can improve him even more. We need draft picks right now to fill holes because we're about out of money. I'm saying forget right tackle with pick #8, trade down, get our 2nd rd pick back then decide at #11 or #12. BPA at that point. Hell, trade down in the 2nd rd & gain an extra 3rd rd pick. That would give us two 3rds & two 4ths I believe. Justin Murray will be fine man.
I don't know what else to say to you man. Murray only started 12 games, we tried to replace him after the Lions game too.

You seem afraid of the tackles for some reason, or just obsessed with Kugler. I don't know which. Murray isn't good. He's a backup. Go watch the tape.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do the Jets become a possible trade partner to move up and secure a WR at #8? This is assuming Simmons is gone before #8. I wouldn't mind moving to #11 and then draft defense or OL.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know what else to say to you man. Murray only started 12 games, we tried to replace him after the Lions game too.

You seem afraid of the tackles for some reason, or just obsessed with Kugler. I don't know which. Murray isn't good. He's a backup. Go watch the tape.
I watched all the games. The ones where Murray was hurt, his replacement didn't do all that great. Pugh tried but he isn't a tackle. I have the utmost faith in Kugler. I'm not obsessed with anything. You may be right, one of the 5 tackles at the top of this class may be just what we need? They may not? It's a crap shoot with any player drafted, just because they're ranked high, doesn't mean they will work out. Roll the dice & see what happens. Knowing our luck, we'll draft one & that player will turn out to be the worst of the 5. Two things.

1. Murray started 12 games you said, I thought it was more, just forgot. He played well in 8-9 games imo. The Rams & Steelers game right off the top of my head I know he played badly. I'm not saying he's the answer or some all pro. I'm saying he's an experienced player with 12 games in our system going up against the best DL's in football twice. Next season the Rams & 49ers will not be as strong at the DL positions because of losing players to FA. Rams lost 3 & the 49ers lost Buckner. Seahawks will more than likely lose Clowney. Murray's position will be somewhat easier. He will be fine imo, you obviously don't agree & that's ok.

2. We're almost out of money, unless SK can restructure contracts & somehow magically pull some cap space out of his arse...........? We still need players, depth for sure. The only way we can get more players is through the draft. Trade down to #11 or #12 & gain our 2nd rd pick back. Then take the BPA. That may very well be one of the 5 OT's? There's a boat load of teams looking to move up, we're in a good spot at #8. In the 2nd rd (assuming we gain a 2nd rd pick via trade down) unless a player is there for a steal, trade down again & gain a 3rd rd pick. That could possibly leave us with two 3rds & two 4ths in addition to our 1st & 2nd. We need more players & the draft can provide that.

One last thing. I'm talking about SK here making those draft decisions so you never know lol. He's definitely better at making trades than drafting players, maybe PFF has a long list of draftees for him in 2020?

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Everyone is saying our WR is set right now, really? I mean you sure? Like do you see what we have if Hopkins God forbids gets hurt. We have Kirk who gets hurt often or disappears for stretches, Larry who is great but a step away from retirement and then Isabella who for whatever reason could not get on the field and a question mark in Butler... that's scary

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone is saying our WR is set right now, really? I mean you sure? Like do you see what we have if Hopkins God forbids gets hurt. We have Kirk who gets hurt often or disappears for stretches, Larry who is great but a step away from retirement and then Isabella who for whatever reason could not get on the field and a question mark in Butler... that's scary
You forgot Keesean Johnson. And our WR room is better than 85% of the NFL. With the 3 returnees from last season and Hop, Fitz and kirk we are fine. Nobody can predict injuries and you cant worry about it.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Omg so right, what if the whole team got hurt?

are you sure we even have a team?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

completely agree. Larry has 1-2 years left, Kirk is a #3 Wr, the youngsters are unproven, and that leaves Hopkins. We really have only one bonafide stud at WR. I still am uncertain on who I want with the #8 pick but I still keep going back to a WR. Fortify the WR group for next 3-4 years with either Lamb, Juedy, or Ruggs. Keep the offense dynamic.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
completely agree. Larry has 1-2 years left, Kirk is a #3 Wr, the youngsters are unproven, and that leaves Hopkins. We really have only one bonafide stud at WR. I still am uncertain on who I want with the #8 pick but I still keep going back to a WR. Fortify the WR group for next 3-4 years with either Lamb, Juedy, or Ruggs. Keep the offense dynamic.

name me all the teams in the NFL that have more then one bona fide super stud WR on their roster? The hyperbole around here is deafening.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure we have Hopkins. Once Larry retires, we have zero WRs that put fear in any defense. Hopkins will be double teamed all game. I don’t see what is so bizarre about adding a strong WR this draft. Larry is Larry but not the same. Kirk is hot and cold, and a third WR at best. Isabella, Butler, and Johnson are completely unproven and may never rise above option 4/5/6. Ideally trade down a bit, get one of the top WRs, pick up a 2nd rounder and get a very sold OL / DL or LB. Kliff is an offensive minded coach so I believe they will always try and keep that side of the ball dynamic.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Omg so right, what if the whole team got hurt?

are you sure we even have a team?

I said if Hopkins got hurt... now that is taking my observation and stretching farther than even Mark Twain would take liberties with the length of the Mississippi River :)

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also Hopkins turns 28 this season. We get 3-4 years in his prime AND have Lamb, Juedy, or Ruggs on a rookie contract and reaching their prime when Hopkins heads into his early 30’s.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Also Hopkins turns 28 this season. We get 3-4 years in his prime AND have Lamb, Juedy, or Ruggs on a rookie contract and reaching their prime when Hopkins heads into his early 30’s.

All I saw was Byrd and Cooper supporting Larry for the most part with Kirk and his injuries... those two guys took off

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And now Byrd and Cooper are gone, leaving us with a true #1WR, an aging #2/3 in Larry, and a #3WR in Kirk. I am not counting on the other WRs at all until they prove they can contribute something each week.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
name me all the teams in the NFL that have more then one bona fide super stud WR on their roster? The hyperbole around here is deafening.

I completely get what you are saying, but I think our situation is a little different in that we have Larry, who could retire as early as next year...and then we have essentially a bunch of rookies (Isabella, Butler, Johnson)

Kirk is a good player when healthy, and we all hope he becomes a legit #2 at some point, but right now he is probably best as a #3 slot guy. Here is another weird thought, he is only under contract for 2 more years. Let's all hope he has a great year and resigning him becomes a forgone conclusion, but it hasn't happened yet.

I'm going to leave Larry out of this because he could be here 3 more years, he could be here 1 more year we dont know.

We have
Hopkins (I'm assuming we give him a new deal) = 5 years
Kirk = 2 years....lots of injuries
Isabella = not impactful next year
Butler = who knows
Johnson = couldn't get on the field by the end of the year
Sherfield = good special teams guy but not a great WR.

Wouldn't it be nice to grab a legit #2 WR and have him on a pretty cheap contract to pair with Hopkins....making Larry and Kirk icing on the cake instead of needing them to carry a room?

At this point, I am most in favor of a trade down from #8....but I could live with Lamb or Ruggs in the 1st round.

If we go another direction at #8....I REALLY like Michael Pittman Jr in round 3. I think he could be a really good WR#2 (kind of what Michael Floyd was when he was on...or what he was supposed to be).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t want a WR this year but worrying about the core going forward is understandable. It’s not a sure thing Hopkins will be an all-pro WR going forward and the rest of our guys are #3’s. One of the 2nd year guys needs to pop or I’ll be on the WR train in 2021.