Wilson LB

RD 6
Asiasi TE
Keyes CB

RD 7
Williamson CB
Lewis G
Reid Nickel-back

I like the tiers. Andrew Thomas in a trade would be killer value. He might go #4,

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I thought it was Wirfs that lacked nastiness in one of your earlier write ups and struggled hitting moving targets. Now Wills isn’t nasty enough??? Are you sure we’re talking about the same guy?
Don’t recall the nasty comment about Wirfs unless it was a comparative. I did say he struggled hitting moving targets. However, the athleticism he displayed at the Combine makes me think that may have been a coaching issue. I’m talking about the same guy, not sure about you.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get the feeling they Thomas has been over evaluated. He seemed to be the number one guy all year and now some think he’s 4 or 5.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I get the feeling they Thomas has been over evaluated. He seemed to be the number one guy all year and now some think he’s 4 or 5.
We call that the Draft Shuffle. The longer you’re number one, the more tiny flaws emerge. Thomas’ abilities have not decline. It would be fair to say Wirfs & Becton benefitted from great combines. It all depends on fit who a team should choose, but I expect all of them to be starters for years.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it will be an OT, but who, I have no idea. The more I read, the more confused I get. For my choice, I think that I should put four names in a hat. Just hope that our scouts have a handle on how they should be ranked. The Draft can't get there soon enough.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ehhh, draft Becton. If he busts, turn him into a nose tackle.
Him, Peters, and Phillips would all demand double teams. That's a lot of beef.

jk... I keep thinking I want Simmons but I don't know where to play him.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wirfs is an athletic freak who got away with a lot due to his elite athleticism. He has a lot of technical stuff that needs to be fixed to be elite tackle in the NFL.

I think Wills is the better prospect to start Day One at RT in the NFL. Wills is technically sound, smart and has great instincts as an OL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Wirfs is an athletic freak who got away with a lot due to his elite athleticism. He has a lot of technical stuff that needs to be fixed to be elite tackle in the NFL.

my concern with Wirfs: its not like Iowa offensive linemen aren't well coached. So I wonder if his technical issues are truly correctable with coaching. Maybe maturity and the additional hours in the NFL vs college gets him there, but still...….

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

ILB. S, OLB, CB--wherever you want.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

ILB. S, OLB, CB--wherever you want.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I think Wills is the better prospect to start Day One at RT in the NFL. Wills is technically sound, smart and has great instincts as an OL.

TDN has Wills the #1 OT in their composite rankings. Idk if their rankings are pertaining to his projected position of RT because I’ve yet to see anything regarding his potential at LT (that said I do think the difference between LT and RT isn’t that significant). If DJ was more durability then sign me up.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Wirfs has bust and low IQ player written all over him. I’m sure he will be a solid tackle in the league but far below his pick status.

lester

Rookie
Reaction score

..Outside LBer..and dont even think about it