OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you protect the football like it’s a hand grenade like Crab Legs has done throughout his career, it doesn’t sit well with GMs & coaches

I’m sorry but Cam creates a lot of his own hate with his “I don’t give a damn” attitude with the media after games. His tweets following the Panthers seek a trade adds to this same attitude imo. imo a person shows his true character in tough times & Cam fails miserably at that.

Three out of last 4 years under 60% and a total QB rating of 80 or less. That’s just not good. Regardless of the bonehead that he is in all areas trying to bring attention to himself and regardless of his health status which is clearly diminishing. He can’t be counted on. He SUCKS.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to give Cam the benefit of the doubt in needing to get healthy to return to form. They just ran him through the ringer, and didn't provide him many weapons to get the ball to.

Winston's only 26 and has overwhelming production. Find the right coaching situation, settle him down, and he'll figure something out. I would sure as hell prefer a guy with that kind of upside to come fill in for half a season to Brett Hundley, John Wolford, CJ Beathard, Geno Smith, or any of the backup QBs in our division, much less the rest of the NFL.

he was with the “QB whisperer” last year and got worse. Pretty much every quarterback in Arians history has improved under him I can’t think of one that has not.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you protect the football like it’s a hand grenade like Crab Legs has done throughout his career, it doesn’t sit well with GMs & coaches

I’m sorry but Cam creates a lot of his own hate with his “I don’t give a damn” attitude with the media after games. His tweets following the Panthers seek a trade adds to this same attitude imo. imo a person shows his true character in tough times & Cam fails miserably at that.
“Don’t give a damn attitude” because he shows frustration like every other QB?

Cam hate is so damn weird that it just goes beyond being a football player. Apparently, if you show personality & not be a mute, you’re not “classy”. Dude has done nothing but be a model citizen while in Charlotte & spoke highly of his teammates.

Couldn’t imagine how much more hated would he be if he actually did something bad like Tyreek Hill, Ben Rapistburger, Vontaze Burfict, & others have done.

I’m pretty sure Matt Rhule said Cam was his guy, now to only hold him hostage & watching the QB market dry up.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There is speculation that because players can’t get looked at by team docs nobody will give up assets for Cam. Once he’s released I’m sure the Chargers will kick the tires. You can risk it if it’s just money.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
he was with the “QB whisperer” last year and got worse. Pretty much every quarterback in Arians history has improved under him I can’t think of one that has not.
I don't want to knock Arians - I love the guy. But Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Tim Couch, Carson Palmer, and Jameis Winston were all #1 overall picks. I doubt any other coach in history has coached that many. Ben Roethlisberger was drafted when Arians coached wide receivers.

His offense isn't easy, from all reports. I think Jameis has the potential in him to play smarter.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Cam hate is so damn weird that it just goes beyond being a football player. Apparently, if you show personality & not be a mute, you’re not “classy”. Dude has done nothing but be a model citizen while in Charlotte & spoke highly of his teammates.

Couldn’t imagine how much more hated would he be if he actually did something bad like Tyreek Hill, Ben Rapistburger, Vontaze Burfict, & others have done.

I’m pretty sure Matt Rhule said Cam was his guy, now to only hold him hostage & watching the QB market dry up.
Look at us agreeing again.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Newton is too damn emotional. I get it’s an emotional game, but there’s definitely such thing as too emotional. Cam is too emotional, and that’s why he sucks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lol oh you know why he gets the reaction from guys he gets.

guy is loved in his community and by his teammates, but what does that matter right. He’s given his body to the game and should be getting a lot more respect, but you know

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think context should be there for Cam and even Jameis.

Cam played bad in 2016, but thats also the year he tore his shoulder. Got surgery in March of 2017 and then labored throughout the year. Remember Andrew Luck sat out of the 2017 with a shoulder injury from the tear before.

In 2018 he was having a career year and then got his shoulder wrecked.
In 2019 he was played 2 games with a foot injury he shouldnt be playing with.

I'm ok with people saying Cam isnt good anymore....if it starts and ends with he isnt healthy anymore.

As far as Jameis

QB1's 2018 Total QBR 68.4 6th in the league (Raw QBR 66.6) 9th in the league
QB2's 2018 Total QBR 66.2 8th in the league (Raw QBR 69.7) 5th in the league

QB1's 2019 QBR Total QBR 53.7 tied for 17th(Raw QBR 52.1 ) 19th in the league
QB2's 2019 QBR Total QBR 53.7 tied for 17th (Raw QBR 57.1) 15th in the league

The first one is Tom Brady and the 2nd one is Jameis Winson.

Obviously dont think Jameis is as good as Brady. However, it points to his talent. I also think Leftwhich (evidence of his bad play calling in Arizona) didnt do him a lot of favors. Still looked like he was learning on the job. He didnt know how to reign Winston in and his play calling could get predictable at times.

Jameis Winston's biggest mistake was playing the last two games. He had a torn thumb and torn meniscus in his knee. He played those games without Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. He threw 3 tds and 6 ints. That killed his his value.

Before that he was having a very Carson Palmer like adjustment to Bruce's system. Highs and lows that first season. I think Tampa would have brought him back, but unfortunately for him Brady was available.

Is Cam shot? Maybe. Is Jameis a turnover machine? Likely. Although before this year his ints were never that bad. Again Ithink an adjustment to Bruce and Byron learning on the job.

I think if anything both highlight just how quick poor decisions with your franchise can throw a 1st pick out of the loop.

Both teams failed to provide an offensive line for their QBs and got beat up pretty bad. Jameis is probably a case of Bruce getting him too late to "fix" his bad habits. By the time Cam started to mature as a passer his body failed him.

The people in place play a big factor in how a QB's development goes.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Cam is one of the most gifted QB's we have seen and I am sure Cam is a great dude off the field but most of us only see him on the field/at a podium.

He gloats when he wins and pouts when he loses...he is living on the extremes. I don't dislike Cam the player but I dislike the way he handles himself after winning/losing.

He is not the only guy with a personality people don't like...Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Antonio Brown, etc.

FWIW...I don't like Hill, Big Ben, or Antonio Brown either (for those reasons).

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Winston is heading into year 5 and just finished a season with the “QB whisperer” it is highly unlikely he ever “figures it out”
Ariana is no genius with QB’s. He’s just had, by super far, the greatest luck in nfl coaching history in coaching so many high picks and great players at the position.

- Manning
- Luck
- Palmer
- Winston
- Roethlisberger
- Couch

With all of that said, Winston was obvious trash when he was at Florida. I’m not sure how teams can do background checks and conduct interviews and not see what’s plain as day to me when I watch someone speak for three minutes.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The libs can flame me all they want. Cam acts like a little girl. He’s a little drama queen and teams don’t want that at QB, especially when he’s not all world. Sad reality is that his body can’t take it anymore. He’s just about done.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The libs can flame me all they want. Cam acts like a little girl. He’s a little drama queen and teams don’t want that at QB, especially when he’s not all world. Sad reality is that his body can’t take it anymore. He’s just about done.

has nothing to do with “libs” yeah that “little girl” is one of the toughest SOB’s to ever play this game and it’s gotten him loved by his teammates.

he’s played through horrible injuries. He’s never going to be healthy the rest of his life. He’s going to be one of these 50 year old former players that can barely walk.

you have no idea what kind of brutal game your watching on sunday

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
has nothing to do with “libs” yeah that “little girl” is one of the toughest SOB’s to ever play this game and it’s gotten him loved by his teammates.

he’s played through horrible injuries. He’s never going to be healthy the rest of his life. He’s going to be one of these 50 year old former players that can barely walk.

you have no idea what kind of brutal game your watching on sunday
Obviously, you’re struggling to grasp this but there is a difference between mental and physical strength. Nobody doubted his physical strength.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Another sign of the different world it now is: At a time in which teams can’t give physicals to players with medical questions marks, the Panthers were able to get back a fifth-round pick for QB Kyle Allen but nothing for QB Cam Newton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave