I know this draft is seen as loaded at WR

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But just imagine if the Cards got Robby Anderson as that deep threat... really that would complete this WR group because the guy is looking at a market which is not giving him what he thought he could get since he really is a complimentary piece and not a one or two

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He's gonna get 1yr for 3 to 5mm at this rate.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would give him a 1 year deal on the cheap if he's open to it. We could use another WR and a speed guy

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No. Give the young guys one more year to see what they bring to the table. Each guy should be hungrier than ever knowing this is the only shot they're gonna have at their NFL dream.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
No. Give the young guys one more year to see what they bring to the table. Each guy should be hungrier than ever knowing this is the only shot they're gonna have at their NFL dream.

UNLESS the Cards have someone they love. Go get your guy if you believe!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
UNLESS the Cards have someone they love. Go get your guy if you believe!
Sure, outside of the first round. and even then, I'm probably gonna be salty about it in the third or with a 2nd acquired in a tradeback. This team has to stop immediately replacing assets year after year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft choices are no guarantee of success. To not draft a superior player at #8 because lack of need for a lesser player because of need is not smart.

Do you pass on the next PP21 for maybe the next Levi Brown because of the perceived need at OT?

Do you pass on the next Calvin Johnson for the next Wendell Bryant because of the perceived need on the d-line?

Point is when drafting at #8 you take the best player available. If it’s Lamb and he is the next Michael Thomas we will not be sorry two or three years down the road. Fitz isn’t going to be around forever. Same with Okudah. PP21 is not going to be around forever. In fact he may be gone next year. Or we may want him gone next year.

That is the dilemma the Cardinal brass face. Thank god we didn’t take a stance about replacing a player we drafted the previous year when we took Kyler.

Any player we take at 8 just needs to be the right choice no matter what position he plays.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’d rather have Demyre Byrd to at this point to scare the hell out of defenses

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Draft choices are no guarantee of success. To not draft a superior player at #8 because lack of need for a lesser player because of need is not smart.

Do you pass on the next PP21 for maybe the next Levi Brown because of the perceived need at OT?

Do you pass on the next Calvin Johnson for the next Wendell Bryant because of the perceived need on the d-line?

Point is when drafting at #8 you take the best player available. If it’s Lamb and he is the next Michael Thomas we will not be sorry two or three years down the road. Fitz isn’t going to be around forever. Same with Okudah. PP21 is not going to be around forever. In fact he may be gone next year. Or we may want him gone next year.

That is the dilemma the Cardinal brass face. Thank god we didn’t take a stance about replacing a player we drafted the previous year when we took Kyler.

Any player we take at 8 just needs to be the right choice no matter what position he plays.
This argument only checks out in the situation that you're getting a superstar and the other guy is awful. In the case where you grade these guys evenly, it's silly. Would you rather have a really good Wirfs for every snap of the ball, or a great Lamb for 30% of the snaps?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are done at WR.

we could go out and trade for Diggs and guys would still be like we should draft Juedy. I have no idea why.

how bout we get an offensive lineman or a RB in the draft

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are done at WR.

we could go out and trade for Diggs and guys would still be like we should draft Juedy. I have no idea why.

how bout we get an offensive lineman or a RB in the draft

I am not talking about the draft though, I am talking about getting a proven deep threat. See, if there's one offensive skill position we can allocate to the draft is HB but not WR after our last draft

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just force Isabella to run nothing but go patterns then.
it still kinda frustrates me that Isabella and Butler (he probably would have been healthy by week 6) development year was backing up Cooper and Byrd.

I mean where are the snaps coming from now? Like I've got no problem with late bloomers. Its just the team sold us they would be day 1 impact players...on SOME level. Andy had that 1 major player though.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Honestly, the more I think about it, if Simmons, Brown or Okudah doesn't fall to us at #8, then trade down. Out of those 3, Brown probably has the best chance at falling to us at #8. We can guess all day but it only depends on who GMs drafting in front of us like better. Strange things happen on players falling. If we trade down to number 11 or 12, we can gain that 2nd rd pick back & still get a good player. I have no idea which of the top 5 OT's will pan out, if any? If you listen to the talking heads, they all have flaws to cause concern. Honestly, we have a RT right now with a full season as a starter who played well in most games (Justin Murray) I will take that in 2020 over an unproven rookie RT any day. We need draft picks at this point, we're almost out of money to spend. More in the higher rounds of this draft. I have more faith in Justin Murray than a lot of people on this board. He's had his dud games but played well in more games than not. Started our first game after being with the team for 3 whole days, played well. He has potential & the coaching staff likes him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Honestly, the more I think about it, if Simmons, Brown or Okudah doesn't fall to us at #8, then trade down. Out of those 3, Brown probably has the best chance at falling to us at #8. We can guess all day but it only depends on who GMs drafting in front of us like better. Strange things happen on players falling. If we trade down to number 11 or 12, we can gain that 2nd rd pick back & still get a good player. I have no idea which of the top 5 OT's will pan out, if any? If you listen to the talking heads, they all have flaws to cause concern. Honestly, we have a RT right now with a full season as a starter who played well in most games (Justin Murray) I will take that in 2020 over an unproven rookie RT any day. We need draft picks at this point, we're almost out of money to spend. More in the higher rounds of this draft. I have more faith in Justin Murray than a lot of people on this board. He's had his dud games but played well in more games than not. Started our first game after being with the team for 3 whole days, played well. He has potential & the coaching staff likes him.
Yeah, I have no idea why you're so sold on Justin Murray. He's been passed around multiple teams because he's not good enough. He's simply a limited player and I think you need to go back and watch him take actual snaps. Game Pass is free right now, why not?

Don't let yourself get frozen by inaction because there's 5 good tackles, almost all of which are near guaranteed to have a more decorated career than Murray.

To get the most out of Kyler, we simply have to upgrade his protection.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have no idea why you're so sold on Justin Murray. He's been passed around multiple teams because he's not good enough. He's simply a limited player and I think you need to go back and watch him take actual snaps. Game Pass is free right now, why not?

Don't let yourself get frozen by inaction because there's 5 good tackles, almost all of which are near guaranteed to have a more decorated career than Murray.

So for the sake of demonstration let’s say Wirfs grades out at 7.9 but Okudah grades out at 9.3. Are you saying Wirfs is the right way to go even though Okudah is more of a sure thing?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So for the sake of demonstration let’s say Wirfs grades out at 7.9 but Okudah grades out at 9.3. Are you saying Wirfs is the right way to go even though Okudah is more of a sure thing?
If those grades were correct, I would take Okudah. However, if it was 8.5 for Wirfs and 8.8 for Okudah, I'm taking Wirfs. We are more likely to win games keeping my #1 overall draft pick clean to make 100% of the plays in the high octane offense my team is built around, as opposed to having a #3/4 CB to play maybe 50% of snaps.

And I'm aware how Okudah could fit in for the future with the Cards depending on Patrick Peterson, but I'm much more scared of Justin Murray whiffing a block and letting Joey Bosa or Aaron Donald kill Kyler Murray than I am of Jared Goff or Jimmy G throwing the ball.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If those grades were correct, I would take Okudah. However, if it was 8.5 for Wirfs and 8.8 for Okudah, I'm taking Wirfs. We are more likely to win games keeping my #1 overall draft pick clean to make 100% of the plays in the high octane offense my team is built around, as opposed to having a #3/4 CB to play maybe 50% of snaps.

And I'm aware how Okudah could fit in for the future with the Cards depending on Patrick Peterson, but I'm much more scared of Justin Murray whiffing a block and letting Joey Bosa or Aaron Donald kill Kyler Murray than I am of Jared Goff or Jimmy G throwing the ball.
I get your logic. I just don’t want us to draft an inferior player based on need.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
We are done at WR.

the team is done signing anybody who gets more than a NFL vet minimum (or close to it) kinda of contract

the structure of the Campbell contract says they consider themselves out of cap space

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I get your logic. I just don’t want us to draft an inferior player based on need.
Yeah and I get where you're coming from, it's not sexy or fun to take a right tackle with a top ten pick. You want the guy who gets his name called, not the one that only gets mentioned when something bad happens.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

exactly, in the next years draft do you pass on a 8.8 graded RT and take the 8.5 graded CB because of the previous year? You have to go BPA, it's your best chance of continued success

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I know he's been passed around by a few teams, I also know there's no guarantees on any players transition into the league. Murray started all but 2 games for us in 2019, that's experience a rookie can't give us in 2020. The job he did coming in against Lions after being with the team only 3 days was amazing, I believe Sean Kugler can improve him even more. We need draft picks right now to fill holes because we're about out of money. I'm saying forget right tackle with pick #8, trade down, get our 2nd rd pick back then decide at #11 or #12. BPA at that point. Hell, trade down in the 2nd rd & gain an extra 3rd rd pick. That would give us two 3rds & two 4ths I believe. Justin Murray will be fine man.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave