RD 7
Williamson CB
Lewis G
Reid Nickel-back

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Thanks Harry.

Where do you think Wirfs best position will be in NFL?

What is your take on Becton in our offense?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
This is the kind of content I come here for!

Harry: Could you comment on Bectons bust risk? The upside is obvious, but what would most likely cause him to fail?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is the kind of content I come here for!

Harry: Could you comment on Bectons bust risk? The upside is obvious, but what would most likely cause him to fail?

I know you are asking Harry, but I'll answer what I think about his bust rate. Massive tackles like Becton are surprisingly hard to bust because guys like him are just so hard to get around.

Couple that with the fact that he moves better than 98% of guys his size, and he has a chance to be the best OL to come out in awhile. He is pretty green though when you consider how little he pass blocked, but his tools are spectacular.

He is absolutely nasty. He tries to put people in the dirt every play.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Harry my board is strikingly similar!

The lone difference is that round 3 I have Cam Akers high because:

1) Drake is on a one year deal.
2) Edmonds missed some time last year.
3) His running style looks like it would fit this offense very well.
Can he pick up a blitz and block?

That has to be part of our RB's talent. Have to protect KM.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I know you are asking Harry, but I'll answer what I think about his bust rate. Massive tackles like Becton are surprisingly hard to bust because guys like him are just so hard to get around.

Couple that with the fact that he moves better than 98% of guys his size, and he has a chance to be the best OL to come out in awhile. He is pretty green though when you consider how little he pass blocked, but his tools are spectacular.

He is absolutely nasty. He tries to put people in the dirt every play.
Maybe

Leonard Davis failed at tackle, but was awesome at Guard (for Dallas)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, you mentioned three OT's but not Wills. Is that because you see him going in the first seven picks or because he's not in your top three OT's?

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A guy on Harry’s list that is really interesting is Raekwon Davis DL from Alabama. When Davis was a sophomore, he was considered the next big thing coming through the ranks. His production the last 2 years has slipped, thus putting him in the 2-3 round discussion. What is interesting is how similar his path to the NFL is to Calais Campbell. Calais too was a sure fire top pick based off his sophomore production, but slipped to round #2 due to an off junior year. Davis and Campbell have virtually identical size, testing numbers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hurts would be an interesting backup to Murray. Familiar offense, mobile and pretty accurate.
Low cost QB for four years.

I've thought of the same idea as well, but I think you have to grab him higher than you'd like.

I could see Hurts going round 2 just because of the trend towards mobile QBs. I could also see him slipping into day three because let's not kid ourselves, Hurts has had plenty of chances to demonstrate he is a top QB and he just isn't.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Thanks Harry.

Where do you think Wirfs best position will be in NFL?

What is your take on Becton in our offense?
Wirfs can stay at right tackle for many years. A few scouts believe he can play LT as well. I’m not as sure he could play 16 games there but he did shift to the left several times this year and looked good.

Becton fits well. His overconfidence sometimes leads him to be too aggressive. I could list several technique issues, but all are correctable. He may have weight concerns but hasn’t shown them lately. Unreal athleticism for his size. With the Cards’ coach this guy could be a monster.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
@Harry my board is strikingly similar!

The lone difference is that round 3 I have Cam Akers high because:

1) Drake is on a one year deal.
2) Edmonds missed some time last year.
3) His running style looks like it would fit this offense very well.
Living in FL I saw every games. In too many games he disappeared. He has the talent but does he have the motivation to play hurt.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I've thought of the same idea as well, but I think you have to grab him higher than you'd like.

I could see Hurts going round 2 just because of the trend towards mobile QBs. I could also see him slipping into day three because let's not kid ourselves, Hurts has had plenty of chances to demonstrate he is a top QB and he just isn't.
If he goes earlier it won’t ruin anyone’s day. By this stage in the draft I’m going on athleticism.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Most scouts see him as stiff. I will be floored if he goes top 10.

https://theathletic.com/1665631/2020/03/17/mcginn-scouts-size-up-their-top-prospects-on-offense/

Jedrick Wills, Alabama (6-4, 312): Teams have had marginal success drafting Crimson Tide offensive linemen during the Nick Saban era. “We weren’t as firm on him as some of the other ones,” one scout said in reference to the other leading tackles in the draft. “He’s a pretty good athlete. Pretty strong. Shows some nasty. He played right tackle there but he looked like he can play left tackle.” One scout brought up Jonah Williams, the Alabama left tackle in 2017 and 2018 who was the 11th pick last year. “Jonah Williams is an all-star compared to this guy,” he said. “Awful. He’s upright. He’s a stiff guy.” He ran 5.06 seconds. “I’m not crazy about him but people love him,” said a third scout. “Every time I watched him, I didn’t see a really good athlete. Worked out well. I just don’t see the movement, finish, talent of a first-rounder. I do not think he could play left tackle.”

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Someone posted a good review I agreed with. My take is he’s stiff. He’s not a natural knee bender. Gets pulled to his outside too often. I’d like a meaner guy. Decent athlete and may prove out. I just like others better and think he’s ranked a little too high. That’s the one above. Thanks Chris.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This scout ranking has him as Tackle #5

Thomas
Becton
Wirfs
Wilson
Wills

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Someone posted a good review I agreed with. My take is he’s stiff. He’s not a natural knee bender. Gets pulled to his outside too often. I’d like a meaner guy. Decent athlete and may prove out. I just like others better and think he’s ranked a little too high. That’s the one above. Thanks Chris.

I thought it was Wirfs that lacked nastiness in one of your earlier write ups and struggled hitting moving targets. Now Wills isn’t nasty enough??? Are you sure we’re talking about the same guy?