If you could draft any player in the past 20 for the Cards who would you pick?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just one player since 2000 and why him?

I'd go with Adrian Peterson. For me the best pure running back of the modern era. Just had everything in his locker. Power, agility, speed, vision, patience. I'd watch Prime AD and lament all the sucky running backs we had.

I often thought we win the Superbowl if we drafted him.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Just one player since 2000 and why him?

I'd go with Adrian Peterson. For me the best pure running back of the modern era. Just had everything in his locker. Power, agility, speed, vision, patience. I'd watch Prime AD and lament all the sucky running backs we had.

I often thought we win the Superbowl if we drafted him.
Whoa, we would have lost our on Bad, Bad Levi Brown. (and he was bad) :titanic:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
All answers are right... QB is more important but AP was insane

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Peyton no doubt in my mind. Because I think he would have flourished in any system, and after his first few years wouldn't have mattered who the OC was because he would have made whoever it turned out to be a rich man.

Ironic for me to say all that because I liked Ryan Leaf better and I thought Indy made a big mistake. My biggest draft blunder of my life...:shocker::ban:

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we are talking who we would have drafted that was available? Then definitely AP or Urlacher.

If we are talking any one !? Peyton for sure!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peyton no doubt in my mind. Because I think he would have flourished in any system, and after his first few years wouldn't have mattered who the OC was because he would have made whoever it turned out to be a rich man.

Ironic for me to say all that because I liked Ryan Leaf better and I thought Indy made a big mistake. My biggest draft blunder of my life...:shocker::ban:

Yep, Peyton Manning! Except he was drafted in 1998. Close enough for me. And if we didn’t rally in the 4th quarter of our 1997 season finale against the Falcons, we would have had the overall 1st pick.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
People like to point out missing on Adrian Peterson, and that does suck, but I’m still pissed we couldn’t get Joe Thomas from that draft. That could’ve been the difference in that SB as Gandy picked up numerous drive killing holding penalties trying to block Harrison. I also think it could’ve extended Warner’s career by another year and given us a better shot at Peyton in 2012. Eff the Browns for wasting his career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep, Peyton Manning! Except he was drafted in 1998. Close enough for me. And if we didn’t rally in the 4th quarter of our 1997 season finale against the Falcons, we would have had the overall 1st pick.

This is what I point to when people say "Winning is more important than a draft pick." That rally and win really helped the team chemistry!! I mean we went 6-10 the next season....so obviously it mattered.

OF COURSE IT DIDNT. We missed out on Peyton Manning so we could get one extra win, and what...feel better for an hour or two that afternoon?

Once you are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, its ok to start thinking about your draft position. You don't "tank"...but you let your young/depth guys get a chance to play. If you get down to week 17 and a loss guarantees you the #1 overall pick...YOU LOSE THE GAME!!

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Peyton Manning would be my choice as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what I point to when people say "Winning is more important than a draft pick." That rally and win really helped the team chemistry!! I mean we went 6-10 the next season....so obviously it mattered.

OF COURSE IT DIDNT. We missed out on Peyton Manning so we could get one extra win, and what...feel better for an hour or two that afternoon?

Once you are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, its ok to start thinking about your draft position. You don't "tank"...but you let your young/depth guys get a chance to play. If you get down to week 17 and a loss guarantees you the #1 overall pick...YOU LOSE THE GAME!!

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Peyton Manning would be my choice as well.

That's always been my position. Thank God we didn't blow the opportunity to draft K1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson