PFF guys on XM Radio regarding Cards and Tristan Wirfs

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I definitely like Wills over Wirfs. I'd prefer Simmons, Okudah, Lamb, or Wills at #8 or a trade back. I'd be very happy with two of Henderson, Kinlaw, McKinney, Jeudy, Ruggs, Murray, Jefferson, Gross-Matos, Higgins, Diggs.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I definitely like Wills over Wirfs. I'd prefer Simmons, Okudah, Lamb, or Wills at #8 or a trade back. I'd be very happy with two of Henderson, Kinlaw, McKinney, Jeudy, Ruggs, Murray, Jefferson, Gross-Matos, Higgins, Diggs.
And Chaisson?
He can start as back up on third downs and get more snaps as the season goes on
At that point adding another second round pick we could go with Niang or cushenberry

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And Chaisson?
He can start as back up on third downs and get more snaps as the season goes on
At that point adding another second round pick we could go with Niang or cushenberry

I'm not as high on him or the others.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take Kinlaw over Brown. brown is the much better prospect and will most likely be there when we pick. Simmons ain’t getting pass Carolina since Kuechly retired. Okudah definitely isn’t going pass Detroit since Slay is traded. That leaves us with Brown or a tackle. Justin Murray played well as the season progressed. I think we trade down.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take Kinlaw over Brown. brown is the much better prospect and will most likely be there when we pick. Simmons ain’t getting pass Carolina since Kuechly retired. Okudah definitely isn’t going pass Detroit since Slay is traded. That leaves us with Brown or a tackle. Justin Murray played well as the season progressed. I think we trade down.
I can’t imagine there’s a scout on the planet that has Kinlaw above brown.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I can’t imagine there’s a scout on the planet that has Kinlaw above brown.
Flat out wrong. Most have Brown higher but many sources already telling that it's closer than you think. Kinlaw is a high upside, Chris Jones type of game wreaker. With a good DL coach he can shine. Brown is an outstanding leader and key cog as a stout NT, but his ceiling as a pass rusher is below Kinlaw. I'd take Brown over Kinlaw, but a few teams will like Kinlaw more.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Flat out wrong. Most have Brown higher but many sources already telling that it's closer than you think. Kinlaw is a high upside, Chris Jones type of game wreaker. With a good DL coach he can shine. Brown is an outstanding leader and key cog as a stout NT, but his ceiling as a pass rusher is below Kinlaw. I'd take Brown over Kinlaw, but a few teams will like Kinlaw more.

We just got a Brown/Dexter Lawrence type of player in Jordan Phillips.

Kinlaw is raw but disruptive as hell on the other side of the ball. I like him better than Brown for us.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Watch this and tell me where Wirfs is elite.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
To be fair...I think Wills played his worst game vs Michigan:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is that really a true statement? The Cards ran more screens last year than any other team? Were the screens considered a successful play the majority of the time?

We ran a ton of WR screens, not as many to RB's as some teams, that is probably why you are confused

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not trying to put Kinlaw down as a prospect but Brown’s combo of size, ability, nastiness, intelligence and character is incredibly rare. There is a Kinlaw or two in every draft. You can’t say the same about Brown.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Two guys who have been highly rated so long (12 mos) that people are nitpicking them to death:

Derrick Brown
Andrew Thomas

both are high floor guys that maybe don’t excite with some rare physical attributes, but are just super effective football players.