PFN: Cardinals unhappy with Hakeem Butler

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting question. I'm not sure!

Anyways, what a terrible back half of a draft so far. I won't harp on Keim too much, since this offseason has been cool, but we've had some majorly questionable moves.

Well, that would make it the same as pretty much every back half of any cardinals draft.

We have had, very few meaningful contributors drafted in the 4th or later rounds. I will say I am happy with Jalen Thompson so far though.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was posting some weird stuff about women on Twitter the other day smh

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well, that would make it the same as pretty much every back half of any cardinals draft.

We have had, very few meaningful contributors drafted in the 4th or later rounds. I will say I am happy with Jalen Thompson so far though.
Maybe I should have moved it up to "what an awful draft outside of the first 33," haha.

I don't count Jalen Thompson as part of this draft. But I agree with you, I'm happy with him, and really want us to let him develop.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe I should have moved it up to "what an awful draft outside of the first 33," haha.

I don't count Jalen Thompson as part of this draft. But I agree with you, I'm happy with him, and really want us to let him develop.
lol....why?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, the only WR the cards should take in round 1 is Ruggs. He’s what they don’t have. A guy to stretch the defense.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So frustrating. I have Andy and Hakeem on my dynasty bench.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Can't fault Keim for taking a chance in the 4th. There was no way imo Butler would be there in the 3rd, let alone 4th.

Butler disappointed before taking a redshirt year. So what. He is a raw rookie who got lots of hype and now got a reality check. Maybe he still contributes. He could contribute with his size alone and be a decent #4 WR. Just don't count on it.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why we need to go pure BPA at #8...even if its a WR...and despite adding Hopkins.

KK's system demands quality WR's...and right now we have Hopkins, Kirk (who gets hurt a lot), Larry (who is 50 years old and year to year), Isabella (who was a massive disappointment last year, but could be pretty good), and Johnson (who couldn't get on the field by the end of the year).

IF...some of those guys step up then our room looks pretty good long term, but adding Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs in a trade down makes things a lot less risky.

It would be pretty awesome to have Lamb on a rookie deal while we are paying Hopkins new deal. When Hopkins deal runs out in 5 years (and he's 32-33 years old), we will have 26 year old Lamb ready for a new deal, and the show just goes on.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why we need to go pure BPA at #8...even if its a WR...and despite adding Hopkins.

KK's system demands quality WR's...and right now we have Hopkins, Kirk (who gets hurt a lot), Larry (who is 50 years old and year to year), Isabella (who was a massive disappointment last year, but could be pretty good), and Johnson (who couldn't get on the field by the end of the year).

IF...some of those guys step up then our room looks pretty good long term, but adding Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs in a trade down makes things a lot less risky.

It would be pretty awesome to have Lamb on a rookie deal while we are paying Hopkins new deal. When Hopkins deal runs out in 5 years (and he's 32-33 years old), we will have 26 year old Lamb ready for a new deal, and the show just goes on.
Still want Oline, but man..

What if Father Time finally catches up to Larry and Kirk is dealing with his injuries again next year? Could be ugly.

I guess I hope we can still draft an OT in th 1st round and maybe (finally) get a steal of a WR later in the draft.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

What if Father Time finally catches up to Larry and Kirk is dealing with his injuries again next year? Could be ugly.

I guess I hope we can still draft an OT in th 1st round and maybe (finally) get a steal of a WR later in the draft.

Very possible. I like Michael Pittman Jr. in the 3rd round.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I’m sure most wont agree but if they went receiver in round 1, I’d prefer Ruggs over Jeudy and Lamb.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was never a Hakeem Butler believer.

I would have no problem if drafted Quartney Davis in the 4th round & dropped Hakeem.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was never a Hakeem Butler believer.

I would have no problem if drafted Quartney Davis in the 4th round & dropped Hakeem.

I've followed the NFL long enough to know that 3-4 years from now, 90% of the 2019 4th round wont be in the NFL. Just look back at old drafts from like 5 years ago and its shocking how many of those guys arent in the NFL anymore.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I think lots of us fall into the trap of thinking that only first round players contribute. This team is positioned to build a balanced roster, and protecting Kyler Murray has to be paramount to the window that we have.

Overloading at one spot is a bad idea. I think we can find a complementary piece later on, or at least press the guys we've invested in to develop, instead of hitting the panic button again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson