Cards sign former Lions’ LB Devon Kennard

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons is the next guy. Hopefully he will be there at 8. He is versatile enough to fill a number of defensive roles as necessary. Then what, trade up to get one of the OT's in round 2? Not sure of the pick value chart. My guess is that a 3rd and two 4ths would get us up into the mid to late second round.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone know what the depth chart looks like at the moment?

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Simmons is the next guy. Hopefully he will be there at 8. He is versatile enough to fill a number of defensive roles as necessary. Then what, trade up to get one of the OT's in round 2? Not sure of the pick value chart. My guess is that a 3rd and two 4ths would get us up into the mid to late second round.

The way the payroll situation looks the next few years we need all the cheap labor we can get.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m liking the age of the signings way more than in previous years
Our habit has been to sign quality vets with injury histories. That has been a problem, especially with our offensive line signings. We have had a revolving door of injuries.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kennard was a team captain in Detroit

the Lions cutting him was a surprise to those that follow the team

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could see the Cards trading down ( Simmons will be gone) and drafting Kenny Murray for that ILB.
Watched him a lot. Used to get torched his JR year in coverage. Did better as a SR. Tackling machine although we need a really physical front to help him out.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is Josh Bynes too old, slow, or expensive for the other ILB spot

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I could see the Cards trading down ( Simmons will be gone) and drafting Kenny Murray for that ILB.
That would be trading down alot! He's projected in the 20's.

I think there's gonna be a stud just sitting at 8 having them make a no brainer pick or getting a good haul of picks back. Then there's lots of options.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I get that Kennard is a great homeboy storyline, his dad and him being a locker room leader. I even like him as a versatile LB who can blitz and cover. But let's not go too far. Idk if he is the right fit opposite CJ. We don't really run a disguise scheme a la Belichick/Patricia where ILB, OLB and DE are almost interchangable. Kennard had two 7 sack seasons and really nothing before. Most of his sacks came as a designated blitzer rather than beating the OT one vs one. He isn't very stout anchoring the edge against the run. I could see him being moved next to Hicks on some downs. And as already mentioned, I highly doubt he can apply consistent pressure opposite CJ, even when going against average RTs.

Good chess piece if VJ knows to use him, but I doubt he the 2nd edge threat we need.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose