Everson Griffen - DL
Shelby Harris - DL
Logan Ryan - CB
Eric Ebron - TE
Ndamukong Suh - DL
Malcolm Jenkins - S
Derek Wolfe - DL
Markus Golden - EDGE
De'Vondre Campbell - LB (because we need one)
Prince Amukamara - CB
Desmond Trufant - CB
Linval Joseph - DL
Damon Harrison - DL
Leonard Floyd - EDGE
Neville Hewitt - LB
Xavier Rhodes - CB
Kamalei Correa - EDGE
Andrew Billings - DL
Jordan Jenkins - EDGE
Jihad Ward - DL
Adam Gotsis - DL
Elandon Roberts - ILB
Devon Kennard - LB

I don't believe we will add another WR, and I don't think there is an OL who they would get excited about. We do have a spot for a backup QB and another RB but I guess those will be bottom of the barrel signings. That leaves the defense. We definitely need to add an EDGE LB and an inside LB. I also think we will add another defensive lineman.

I would love to add Malcolm Jenkins, Devon Kennard, Shelby Harris, and Neville Hewitt. Suh is interesting because of his ties to Vance and he played with Phillips in Miami as well. His ability to stop the run would be valuable in our division. His cost 9 mil last year and would be a one year deal. Still has gas in the tank as he played 77% of snaps last year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unless some contracts are restructured, we are running out of money at this point. Last figures I saw on here had us around 21 million & I believe we need about 9 million to sign the rookies? Not even sure if that 21 figure included the 8.5 for Drake?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
over the cap has us at 15.5m in cap space. It is going to take some creative contracts to fill our remaining holes

Not counting Jordan Phillips and the rookie pool.

OTC has our salary in 2021 at 111m not counting Fitzgerald, Peterson, Baker or Phillips plus two draft classes.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
First part 2020

Second part referring to the season after next
I just don't understand how during the beginning of the 2019 season till now we're almost out of money. All the talk on this board about having around 100 million in dead cap money for this off-season. Now we have anywhere between 15.5-21 million.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't understand how during the beginning of the 2019 season till now we're almost out of money. All the talk on this board about having around 100 million in dead cap money for this off-season. Now we have anywhere between 15.5-21 million.

Keim surely has to figure out something
About redo some contracts cause we must fill the roster
An olb, Dt, back up qb must be signed

Draft: we forced to trade down to get extra picks and getting:

Right tackle
Ilb
Olb
Rb
Te
Dt

Trade down

Draft
Round 1Chaisson
Round 2Lukas niang
Round 3 Malik harrison
Round 4 Helaire
Round 4 thaddeus moss

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim surely has to figure out something
About redo some contracts cause we must fill the roster
An olb, Dt, back up qb must be signed

Draft: we forced to trade down to get extra picks and getting:

Right tackle
Ilb
Olb
Rb
Te
Dt
A trade down at this point would most definitely help. I think we can get by with Murray & Gilbert for this season but we still draft one at some point. Maybe 3rd or 4th? Trading down a few spots from #8 can net us our 2nd back & maybe more? Our cap situation at this point looks bleak, unless SK restructures a few, we ain't signing more than 1 more player? The draft is the only way now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Last offseason, we were looking to this offseason as the great rebuild because...well, first of all because we sucked, but also because we were supposed to have all this extra cap space. So far we've signed, what, one free agent and also made a trade that supposedly freed us up a ton of cap space. Now I'm to believe we have no cap space left BEFORE accounting for that ONE free agent, AFTER freeing up the DJ space? WTF?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Last offseason, we were looking to this offseason as the great rebuild because...well, first of all because we sucked, but also because we were supposed to have all this extra cap space. So far we've signed, what, one free agent and also made a trade that supposedly freed us up a ton of cap space. Now I'm to believe we have no cap space left BEFORE accounting for that ONE free agent, AFTER freeing up the DJ space? WTF?
Trading DJ created Dead money and there wasn’t that much to begin with after Hopkins, humpries and Philips counts app. 37 against.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
over the cap has us at 15.5m in cap space. It is going to take some creative contracts to fill our remaining holes

Yes, that is right. Not a problem.

Give me Shelby Harris, Devon Kennard, Markus Golden and take a flier on Daryl Williams, and go focus on the draft.

Though, I must say that a part of me is intrigued by the idea of signing Clowney. Not only is he very good, but it would also just be nice to take him from Seattle.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, that is right. Not a problem.

Give me Shelby Harris, Devon Kennard, Markus Golden and take a flier on Daryl Williams, and go focus on the draft.

Though, I must say that a part of me is intrigued by the idea of signing Clowney. Not only is he very good, but it would also just be nice to take him from Seattle.
And very expensive.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Unless some contracts are restructured, we are running out of money at this point. Last figures I saw on here had us around 21 million & I believe we need about 9 million to sign the rookies? Not even sure if that 21 figure included the 8.5 for Drake?

Depends on how they structure it.

Drake counts for 8.4 million but if he is signed to a deal, his cap charge could be 5m this year like Ekeler.

We don't know how Jordan Phillips is getting paid other than 10m average. Brockers signed the same deal (3/30) and his cap charge is 5m in 2020.

Those two deals alone give us back 8.4m (5m + 3.4m), which is enough to get another 3/30m guy at 5m cap and another similar type contract (3/24?) as well at 3.4m.

That doesn't take into account any restructuring of current contracts or cuts.

Maybe Fitz wants to stay on for 1 more year and will convert salary into bonus and get paid less than 11m next year?

I am sure we have a plan with so many holes left to fill.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Depending on what comes out of the investigation, maybe we can snag up Antonio Brown on a 1 year prove it deal.. lol

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how much RT Justin Murray will get as the Cards gave him the exclusive rights free agent tag.His salary doesn't show up in the salary cap site. Bottom line is I don't think we have much money left without some restructuring.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how much RT Justin Murray will get as the Cards gave him the exclusive rights free agent tag.His salary doesn't show up in the salary cap site. Bottom line is I don't think we have much money left without some restructuring.

Base salary 750.000

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

upload_2020-3-17_12-15-10-png.31332

But sportrac and over the cap say 750k

You must be registered for see images attach

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe Murray’s salary is in between $500,000 - 1,000,000.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd see what the deal is with Leonard Floyd. He was so talented coming out of UGA and had a promising rookie season. Don't know what happened with him. Maybe the new coaching staff/system wasn't a good match.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA