OT: Brady Officially leaving New England

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That's the theory, but would they really be energized? Curious, maybe... but would WE be "energized" if the Cardinals traded Murray for 45 year old Brady? Maybe a few celebrities will come out to see Brady play, but I think the small number of Chargers fans in the L.A. area would be just as "energized" if the team drafts one of the top 4 rookie QBs. On the other hand... Brady would sure be a lot more interesting than any of the other veteran QBs who might be available.

...dave
Jordan Love and Justin Herbert aren't energizing anyone. Your average fan doesn't know who they are.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knew it was coming when they sold their property and moved. Figured he was Miami or SoCal bound.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That's the theory, but would they really be energized? Curious, maybe... but would WE be "energized" if the Cardinals traded Murray for 45 year old Brady? Maybe a few celebrities will come out to see Brady play, but I think the small number of Chargers fans in the L.A. area would be just as "energized" if the team drafts one of the top 4 rookie QBs. On the other hand... Brady would sure be a lot more interesting than any of the other veteran QBs who might be available.

...dave

Different story, though...as we have Murray (star in the making) and the Chargers have nobody (Taylor). Much easier to energize/add excitement to a team that doesn't have a star QB already.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Bucs' GM Jason Licht acknowledged there is interest in free-agent QB Tom Brady, the two sides spoke Monday, but there has been no conversation today and there is no deal in place. "We're waiting to see what Tom decides just like everybody else," Licht said.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I hope this is true, as it would make it more likely that LAC draft a QB before our pick at 8.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Jim Trotter @JimTrotter_NFL

I’ve been saying for two days I believe the Chargers are the best fit for Brady - and I still believe that. But I’m told the Brady camp has led the Chargers to believe he is going to stay back East because of family considerations. #StayTuned

Jim Trotter @JimTrotter_NFL

The Chargers made a serious run at Brady, but, barring a change of heart by the quarterback, the team believes it is out of the running for him.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I’d take a 50 year old Brady over Winston or Rivers.
He's going to get killed unless the online is all world. As we all know extremely well, Arians loves empty sets and is typically loathe to insert an extra lineman or have the TE chip. Look at the amount of hits and sacks QBs take under BA. Brady is gong to have his career ended Steve Young style.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's going to get killed unless the online is all world. As we all know extremely well, Arians loves empty sets and is typically loathe to insert an extra lineman or have the TE chip. Look at the amount of hits and sacks QBs take under BA. Brady is gong to have his career ended Steve Young style.

They're going to design the "0' around Brady's comfort zone, but every QB worth his salt (and we're talking about the GOAT). Loves the thrill of going long.

The grey beards are going to have fun!

TB in TB!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I will jump into this too. I was rewatching the All or Nothing yesterday and seeing Palmer getting rushed and hit was cringe worthy. This has bad news for TB written all over it

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

Sure but Rivers isn’t exactly mobile and Winston is a turnover machine. This is what you’re left to choose from when you don’t have a QB. I’d still gamble on Brady over Rivers and Winston.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
30 million is the number... NE shoulda pony’d that up out of principal alone.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't wish anyone injury... But in my prefect world, on Brady's first 3rd and 2.. BA has him throw a 20 yard wheel route, and Brady get's Theismann'd.

Screw you! You know you already thought it! I just said it!

blindseyed

Reaction score
30 million is the number... NE shoulda pony’d that up out of principal alone.
I'm not really sure he wanted to stay? I was watching camp last year Willie Mcginnest asked him if he was working on a new deal since it was his last year and TB kind of brushed it off and said he wasn't thinking about it. He looked almost like he had visions of being a FA in his head even then. Then again I could just be delerious from getting DHop lol

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure he wanted to stay? I was watching camp last year Willie Mcginnest asked him if he was working on a new deal since it was his last year and TB kind of brushed it off and said he wasn't thinking about it. He looked almost like he had visions of being a FA in his head even then. Then again I could just be delerious from getting DHop lol
I would assume he was probably pissed the team didn’t do it sooner after all he’s done and accomplished and massive hometown discounts he’s given them over the years. Can anyone blame him?

Reactions: HGC

blindseyed

Reaction score
I would assume he was probably pissed the team didn’t do it sooner after all he’s done and accomplished and massive hometown discounts he’s given them over the years. Can anyone blame him?
I don't blame him at all, then again he watched 20 yrs of the Pats letting go of good players with no remorse so I guess it was his turn to get Krafted lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson