Was yesterday in the top ten all time for the Cardinals in AZ?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If you had to rank top days in Cardinals history, arguably playing in the Super Bowl has to be the top day. I just came away wondering, would yesterday's trade be one of the top ten days in Cardinals history? This is a top talent coming to AZ. Possibly on a Charles Barkley level trade to a franchise. IDK, what do yuo guys think?

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In addition to being an AZ Cardinals die hard, I’m also a die hard STL Cardinals baseball fan. In terms of being excited about the trade, it reminds of when the baseball Cardinals traded for Jim Edmonds. In terms of fleecing a team, it reminds me of when the Cardinals traded for Lou Brock, even though that trade was a bit before my time.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It is so sad (but maybe true) when a trade for a WR could be in a franchises top 10 days of all time. :)

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was super excited when we got Palmer for a 6th round pick and this tops it.

It doesn't hold a candle though to the big wins I have gotten to see in person

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome yes... but top 10 all time nahhhh... obviously subject to change if he goes on to play for 6-7-8 years here and just kills it and helps bring the championship we want.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Given the lack of sports news and the enormity of impact on the team, I'd say it may be top 10.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Just for starters -

1947 - Chicago Cardinals win NFL Championship over Eagles
2009 - Arizona Cardinals lose Super Bowl XLIII to Steelers
2009 - Arizona Cardinals win NFC Championship Game over Eagles
1948 - Chicago Cardinals lose NFL Championship Game to Eagles [played in a blizzard]
1925 - Chicago Cardinals awarded NFL Championship
1970 - St. Louis Cardinals beat Cowboys 38-0 on Monday Night Football [Dallas lost to Baltimore in the Super Bowl V that year]

Not to mention drafting/signing/trading for several Hall of Fame players - Ollie Matson, Night Train Lane, Kurt Warner, Ernie Nevers, Larry Wilson, Aeneas Williams, Dan Dierdorf, Jackie Smith, etc. [and eventually, Larry Fitzgerald of course]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave