Jordan Phillips signed for 3 years

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm good with this. Not such a major signing that it prevents us from going Brown in the draft. Exactly as I wanted to play it. You can bring back Gunter or another rotational guy depending on the look in the draft.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm good with this. Not such a major signing that it prevents us from going Brown in the draft. Exactly as I wanted to play it. You can bring back Gunter or another rotational guy depending on the look in the draft.
You think the Cards are even considering him? Haven’t seen any interest from the Cards, did they talk to him and I missed it?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Would much rather have signed Markus Golden.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's too much money. Especially when you consider Peters is getting something like $4.5m per and Philips isn't much better. In fact as a career he isn't better, he just had one good season in a very good Bills D.

I like big guys in the trenches and he's 6'6" and 340lbs, but I think his value is more like $7m. That's free agency for you though.

They still need 2 rotational interior DL and at least 2 vet Edge. The facts that Chandler is our only roster caliber Edge right now is not getting the attention it deserves.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id really like another young stud in the 1st with Derrick Brown or Kinlaw, or maybe in the 3rd.

Peters isnt' a spring chicken, and it would be nice to add another starting level player on a cheap contract

They aint going to draft a iDL in the 1st now. They have Peters, Allen and Philips as the starting 3. Dogbe and Brown as deep, deep depth.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They aint going to draft a iDL in the 1st now. They have Peters, Allen and Philips as the starting 3. Dogbe and Brown as deep, deep depth.
I don't think its as easy as saying "we have Allen." The kid has never done anything of note. I'm not saying Brown is a surefire choice, just an option if he grades out really well.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Simmons, Okudah or Lamb all the way, with Lamb being grabbed from a trade down with either Cleveland or Raiders

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not really excited about any of them to be honest. Would trade back and collect a pick or two

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
A very good signing for a player I feel will fit into the Cardinals defense very well.

How in the heck is this organization so bad at drafting yet so good at free agency and trades.

The few moves the Cardinals have made this offseason have been very very good.

Yet, I still REFUSE to believe we have Hopkins for D.Johnson....that just cannot be real.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just looked Jordan Phillips numbers up.
He had 6 sacks in 2019 which led the NFL from the DT position. Aaron Donald was 2nd with 5 sacks.
The article was from November 7th so he was in first place at that time. Idk how he finished?
9.5 sacks....never had more than 2 per year prior to last season

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Walter football didn't like it apparently...

Cardinals sign DT Jordan Phillips (3 years, $30 million): D Grade

Jordan Phillips is the defensive version of Jameis Winston. Like Winston, he posted meaningless stats last year while hurting his team with occasional poor play. Now, he'll be doing the same in Arizona at a very heavy price tag.

Phillips was my 33rd-ranked defensive tackle, which may seem odd because he posted 9.5 sacks in 2019. However, he didn't pressure the quarterback very much otherwise. He was able to luck into sacks because of Ed Oliver's presence. Meanwhile, he did nothing else as a pass rusher and struggled to hold up against the run. Arizona is committing a blatant overpay by signing Phillips.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jordan Phillips is the defensive version of Jameis Winston. Like Winston, he posted meaningless stats last year while hurting his team with occasional poor play. Now, he'll be doing the same in Arizona at a very heavy price tag.

Phillips was my 33rd-ranked defensive tackle, which may seem odd because he posted 9.5 sacks in 2019. However, he didn't pressure the quarterback very much otherwise. He was able to luck into sacks because of Ed Oliver's presence. Meanwhile, he did nothing else as a pass rusher and struggled to hold up against the run. Arizona is committing a blatant overpay by signing Phillips.

Great it is a D and not a Billy O'Brian grade

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's not wrong, but also it's Walter football.