DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

Reaction score
I'm kinda left wondering why they'd let Hopkins go, especially if the contract numbers are so sweet.

Sure, most top shelf WRs have a bit of a "me" problem but I wish we had an official drama rating on DeAndre.

But anyways, I like the move(s). I'd give this trade around a B+ for Keim and the Cardinals

Lmao at a B+. This was the best case scenario for trading DJ. We get rid of his salary & get a top 5 WR.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm kinda left wondering why they'd let Hopkins go, especially if the contract numbers are so sweet.

Sure, most top shelf WRs have a bit of a "me" problem but I wish we had an official drama rating on DeAndre.

But anyways, I like the move(s). I'd give this trade around a B+ for Keim and the Cardinals

Anything less than an A+ is incorrect. We gave up a RB who was as good as gone and a 2nd round pick for one of the best WR in the NFL in his prime, which immediately fills a weakness.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Before taking a nap this afternoon I heard Mina Kimes talking about a disaffected Hopkins, then imagined him with the Cards in one of those pipe dream moments a Cards fan learns are only that, then wake up to this!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So way behind in the thread, other stuff going on of course. I assume this means we go defense or OL with the first pick but man it'd be tempting to get Jeudy or Lamb!

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great Trade I hope it stays as called and we can enjoy DeAndre Hopkins for 3-5 Years, this opens up all other WR and learning from Fitz and Hopkins could help to bring along many of the young guys.

Now Fitz can retier in the next 3 years without Murray losing his only go to guy. Now Murray has 2 guys that almost catch anything that comes there way if they aren't double teamed.

But this now makes me think of how you defend this type of WR if you have a mobile QB and you don't have a Shut down CB and NB? You can't double Hopkins and Fitz else Kirk roams free and if (a big if) Isabella improves year two you may need a Safty on top just because was to fast and that just a 4 wide set not even talking about K2 wish of 5 wide with maybe Butler.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Great Trade I hope it stays as called and we can enjoy DeAndre Hopkins for 3-5 Years, this opens up all other WR and learning from Fitz and Hopkins could help to bring along many of the young guys.

Now Fitz can retier in the next 3 years without Murray losing his only go to guy. Now Murray has 2 guys that almost catch anything that comes there way if they aren't double teamed.

But this now makes me think of how you defend this type of WR if you have a mobile QB and you don't have a Shut down CB and NB? You can't double Hopkins and Fitz else Kirk roams free and if (a big if) Isabella improves year two you may need a Safty on top just because was to fast and that just a 4 wide set not even talking about K2 wish of 5 wide with maybe Butler.
Yep, no excuses for Kyler (not saying he'll need any), most QBs never get this kind of bounty in their career.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our time will be the next three years or so. Gotta make it happen. We'll have to dump and pay after that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson