STEVE KEIM!!!!! WOOHOO!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give him credit for this one. It's a great trade. Fills a gaping need and frees up space. Still, he's in part fixing one of his own screw-ups, and also, trades aren't his problem. We'll see how the rest of this rebuild pans out.

You’ll go ahead and give him credit for snagging DeAndre Hopkins and unloading all of David Johnson salary? How very generous of you LOL

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I’ve been calling for Keim’s head since the Wilks/McCoy debacle, possibly sooner. Im giving credit where it’s do on another masterful trade. In the course of one year he’s added Murray who’s living up to his billing as a FQB, he stole D Hop without giving up a first and unloaded one of the worst contracts in the league at the same time (thanks Bill O’Brien) Excellent job, Steve.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Props to SK for this trade!

We just went from talking about trading for Diggs or Cooper to trading DJ and his bloated salary for one of the best WR's in the NFL yet we still have our first round picks for the foreseeable future. What a crazy off-season. lol

And have the potential to trade back in a very deep draft and recoup the picks we gave up.

It is not crazy at all to think that we could move down to #13 and pick up a 2nd and a 4th next year.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great men define themselves with their actions when they have hit the proverbial bottom by their own mistakes. I hope Keim has not only resurrected his career but his personal well being. This was an absolutely historic move. Two of the best WRs to play in my lifetime on the same team.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ehhh would be way way too much $ Wrapped up in a position that touches the ball 4-8 times a game? No thanks the WR room is just fine now.

Call me completely crazy, but if the Cards can trade back a little, recoup a 2nd day pick...and a WR is still BPA in the first, I might still take one.

Fitz is year to year. Kirk is ok. Isabella is not good right now, Butler is a complete unknown.

Right now we have Hopkins locked in as a #1, which is awesome, and much better than we were an hour ago.

It might not be completely crazy to lock up another potential game changer like Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs for 5 years on a pretty cheap contract if we don't think at least 2 of those guys I listed above are going to really step up their game.

By the time Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs is ready for a new deal, Fitz is retired and Hopkins is 32....but KM is just 27 and still in his prime.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am in shock.

I don't think it is hyperbole to say that, on paper, this is one of the most lop sided trades in league history. Who woulda thought we'd be on the top end of it...

Hopkins has been a 1st team All-Pro the last 3 years... David Johnson was only still on our roster only because his contract was too guaranteed to axe.

Essentially, the Texans just gave us Hopkins on what might as well be a 2 million dollar a year contract when you factor the savings from Johnson.

Mind blowing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
O'Brien thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Even if Johnson becomes a good player again, the Cardinals still win this trade because of top receivers can effect a defense.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don’t believe it’s all of DJs salary. Part, from my understanding
This was a blockbuster in every sense of the word and keim deserve every ounce of credit… A massively awesome true number one wide receiver who is still young… And the Texans take on all of David Johnson salary… That is a massive massive win in every way shape and form

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA