Rumor: Cards have made a trade

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This gotta be the only board where Diggs isn’t worth way more than a 3rd rounder.
It’s not that he’s not worth more than a 3rd. It’s the position the Vikings are in. They can’t sign all their F/A’s and are desperate to dump salary. So hold their feet to the fire.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
The Panthers are selling. Trai Turner was an amazing player and they got rid of him. McCaffrey has one more year and an option year before he is scheduled to be a FA. Cardinals need a RB and have a history of valuing the position more than others. If the Panthers are not interested in McCaffrey long term, why not trade him while his value is high?

If they indeed want to "tank for Trevor", that would not surprise me.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Omfg diggs would be dopenif had for the right price especially if cards keep num 8 pick

I find it weird diggs wearing a cards shirt and deleted all viking content

Im sooo intrigued by this rumor lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Random twitter account...I know.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I would prefer Cooper to Diggs.

Note - this is mostly because of my strong desire not to give up our top #1 or #2 draft pick, not necessarily because I think Cooper is leaps and bounds better than Diggs.

If we do make a move for either Cooper or Diggs, I'll be really surprised by the aggressiveness. I wanted Cooper early in the offseason when I wasn't as aware of our depleted roster.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Either way it does seem there is enough smoke to assume the Cards are in the trade market for a WR. Seems to me with such a deep WR draft you would go there for the need, but I guess that may be why teams are willing to move these guys to begin with.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Either way it does seem there is enough smoke to assume the Cards are in the trade market for a WR. Seems to me with such a deep WR draft you would go there for the need, but I guess that may be why teams are willing to move these guys to begin with.
Yeah, I'm also confused with this approach given the draft depth, but maybe Keim is actually invested in those OL guys/defensive guys and just knows we're not going to take Lamb pretty much no matter what.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
A proven top 15 WR on a Cap friendly contract vs. an unproven rookie with slightly bigger potential.

I would take this if the Price is reasonable.

There is bad blood between diggs and the Vikings and the Vikings are desperate to create Cap space. It’s definately a buyers market.

I Think the Price is a middle to low 2nd.

So our 2nd for Diggs and their 3rd.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A proven top 15 WR on a Cap friendly contract vs. an unproven rookie with slightly bigger potential.

I would take this over rookie if the Price is reasonable.

There is bad blood between diggs and the Vikings and the Vikings are desperate to create Cap space. I Think the Price is a middle to low 2nd.

So our 2nd for Diggs and their 3rd.
Guy has never been top 15 in any category, and the contract isn't that reasonable...

But I do get the need for someone who is at least semi-reliable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's some pretty compelling evidence.

All gonna depend on compensation for me if it's true. Anything higher than a 3rd and I'll be really disappointed.

Lets be honest Solar. It could be a 5th for Diggs, Thielen and an all expenses paid weekend in Vegas for every Cards fan and you would still find something to be disappointed about

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Man, I am getting sick of this Football Outsiders stuff.

You must be registered for see images

Congrats to him for being really efficient. He hasn't been a top 15 WR in any of these years, and he throws huge sideline temper tantrums when he's not getting the ball.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Based on those stats if you change diggs name with Parker or Kenny G would you trade the #8 pick for them? I would love diggs but I would love it less if it was for #8. If we could do a 2nd and 6th I’d be fine with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
God, I hate all of the names brought up in this thread as potential options. Haha.
I can’t recall any move or any player you’d like. That’s not a slam, just an observation. Players that come available for whatever reason usually have warts (physical limitations, injury history, attitude, cost, etc.). A team has to find the warts it can roll the dice on.

so I’m curious, given our roster and cap space, what are your realistic solutions? It’s easy to poke holes in every proposed or rumored solution, much more difficult to gameplan solutions. I’m not being snotty here, legitimately want to know how you would fix where we are with what we got and what’s available.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lets be honest Solar. It could be a 5th for Diggs, Thielen and an all expenses paid weekend in Vegas for every Cards fan and you would still find something to be disappointed about
I have specific opinions about specific players. Most of it revolves around overpaying for guys who aren't all that spectacular. The second part of it involves paying players big contracts and trading picks when we have next to zero young talent on the team.

You've only known me for the short months you've posted here - I've been an optimist about this team most of my life, and most of my time on this board, and only soured last year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe i'm being nitpicky... and i wouldn't quibble if you'd said top 15... but i'm not quite buying this.

...dave
Given the list someone provided earlier I’d say it’s arguable. He’s likely in the 9-15 range.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think all of the bolded above are better than Diggs, and i might include Kupp as well. Can't include AB... come on! I also lean toward ranking Thielen ahead of Diggs... though their production has been remarkably similar. Sutton could be there soon but can't be sure yet.

As i mentioned above... i wouldn't quibble with Diggs being called a top 15 WR, but i'd rule him out of the top 10.

...dbs
I think you’re wrong on all highlighted honorables.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can’t recall any move or any player you’d like. That’s not a slam, just an observation. Players that come available for whatever reason usually have warts (physical limitations, injury history, attitude, cost, etc.). A team has to find the warts it can roll the dice on.

so I’m curious, given our roster and cap space, what are your realistic solutions? It’s easy to poke holes in every proposed or rumored solution, much more difficult to gameplan solutions. I’m not being snotty here, legitimately want to know how you would fix where we are with what we got and what’s available.
I'm pretty sure I already built out my entire offseason plan for you in another thread, and I also think it was about Diggs.

I love Conklin, I love most of the options we should have at #8. I'm wide open to most defensive linemen as long as we're not giving up picks to acquire them. I'll go dig up the entire offseason plan I had.

At the end of the day, I want guys who have been productive and have shown continuous production, if we're going to pay them big or give up major assets for them. I don't want guys who were super efficient depending on whatever niche, qualitative metric you pull from whatever advanced analytics site is hot at the moment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose