Josh Weinfuss' ( ESPN) Irresponsible Reporting On The Cardinals

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
I just sent this Twitter to Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. It really irritated me that he mistakenly reported a couple of months ago that the Cardinals would cut/release David Johnson. It made national news and severely damaged the chances of them trying to get something in return. The Cardinals came out right away saying they would not be cutting him. The damage was already done by Mr. Weinfuss and most likely, most teams think they will eventually release Johnson. This makes me sick and I feel that Weinfuss
should suffer consequences for just taking a guess instead of reporting facts!

Here's what I tweeted to Josh:

Josh ...... it's time for you to bow out of the David Johnson talk. You have already cost the Cardinals a tremendous amount of leverage by announcing a couple of months ago that the Cardinals were going to release David Johnson. You never knew this as a fact but decided to report it as if it was a fact. That is very unprofessional reporting! That information made national news and caused any trading power the Cardinals might have had, to be harmed greatly.

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe so, but that caused an avalanche of national news reports that he would eventually be released! Either way, it sucks and only hurt their bargaining power!

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe so, but that caused an avalanche of national news reports that he would eventually be released! Either way, it sucks and only hurt their bargaining power!
I dont think Weinfuss does a great job covering the team in general, but this one wasnt on him. It's a "bold predictions" column, by definition it needs to be a bit whacky. It's not his fault the national media took it and ran away with it, its the media's fault. Sorry dude, you're wrong here.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It wasn’t “reporting” and anyone with basic reading comprehension should have seen that, it isn’t his fault morons ran with it as fact.

Last edited:

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I just sent this Twitter to Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. It really irritated me that he mistakenly reported a couple of months ago that the Cardinals would cut/release David Johnson. It made national news and severely damaged the chances of them trying to get something in return. The Cardinals came out right away saying they would not be cutting him. The damage was already done by Mr. Weinfuss and most likely, most teams think they will eventually release Johnson. This makes me sick and I feel that Weinfuss
should suffer consequences for just taking a guess instead of reporting facts!

Here's what I tweeted to Josh:

Josh ...... it's time for you to bow out of the David Johnson talk. You have already cost the Cardinals a tremendous amount of leverage by announcing a couple of months ago that the Cardinals were going to release David Johnson. You never knew this as a fact but decided to report it as if it was a fact. That is very unprofessional reporting! That information made national news and caused any trading power the Cardinals might have had, to be harmed greatly.

Wow, did you also ask to talk to the manager?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
'
It is really sad on our beat reporters part.

The life is pretty comfortable for them in Arizona, no eager to be the first reporting something, no competition
High quality life, good for them

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I wrote a strongly worded letter...err... tweet! Lol

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Give me DJ's wife over Weinfuss everyday and twice on Sundays!
ugh, HELL NO! All or Nothing showed me she’s a controlling manipulative entitled spoiled b-yotch. Could tell right away that David would do as she said no matter what. Plenty of pretty girls out there that are way nicer than her.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It really irritated me that he mistakenly reported a couple of months ago that the Cardinals would cut/release David Johnson. It made national news and severely damaged the chances of them trying to get something in return.

You must be registered for see images