Sonic the Hedgehog (2019)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but I'm in the target demo as are many of my friends

Adults who grew up with the game with kids, many of which play the current game

Chap has the first negative words I've heard about it.

The worst had been indifference, but my kids liked it.

Most have enjoyed it as an easy family movie

I definitely plan on watching

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Can you explain? Do you mean for you? My kids loved it and I totally felt nostalgic about it. I thought Jim Carey was great. It's the 2nd highest grossing movie based off of a video game surpassing Tomb Raider and has Pokeman Detective Pikachu on it's radar. The audience score is 93%.

Seems like it succeeded but maybe I don't understand what you mean unless you are referencing your personal feelings which is fair.

Not great but definitely entertaining.
Voice work on Sonic wasn't good.
Cliched

I don't care where it ranks in the pantheon of video game movies. That's not exactly a medal of honor. The cliched nature of the movie was the real failure for me. I would have liked it to a) be a little more interesting story wise, and b) spend a lot more time in Sonic's homeworld, which was designed really well.

I did like a few Jim Carrey bits and the mid-credits scene was great, but that's about it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Voice work on Sonic wasn't good.
Cliched

I don't care where it ranks in the pantheon of video game movies. That's not exactly a medal of honor. The cliched nature of the movie was the real failure for me. I would have liked it to a) be a little more interesting story wise, and b) spend a lot more time in Sonic's homeworld, which was designed really well.

I did like a few Jim Carrey bits and the mid-credits scene was great, but that's about it.

No you are right it's no badge of honor but video game movies have been historically awful. At least my family was entertained. The audience scores seem to agree. Although you make completely valid points. It would have been cool so see more of his home world. Even the credits scene wasn't enough time on that world he was stranded on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our boys liked it. It didn’t kill me sitting through it and I never played the video game. So that was a surprising win for me.