What's your level of Cardinals/NFL fandom?

How much of a Cardinals fan are you?

• They are my #1 interest

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Hardcore

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • High but life goes on

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • I support all Arizona sports teams/my teams equally

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Casual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fun when they're winning, don't care otherwise

• Low

• I'm here for another team

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I pee in the sink

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I had an idea spark in my head in another thread, because I realized someone I was talking to might not have as much passion for the team as I do, or might just be a fan of all Arizona teams, maybe even just here to kinda pass the time. I've normally thought if you dedicate your time to posting here, you have to be an ultra-fan, but that's not necessarily true.

How big of a fan are you? Does it keep you up at night? Do you digest every single bit of information available?

I'm personally in the #1 interest category. If someone asks me to describe myself, normally football and the Cardinals is a part of my introduction. I don't follow any other sports, teams, or even topics as much as I do the Cards. That's why I can get heated and passionate in a lot of these posts, or with my opinions.

I don't intend for this thread in any way to demean any fans for not being "enough" of a fan or anything, just to get an understanding of where the board is as a whole. Votes are private.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I married 16 years ago I made one thing clear and non- negotiable. Sunday’s from September to December are mine. Don’t plan any parties. Don’t accept any invitations except on bye weeks or off Sundays for prime time.

Should mention I live in the suburbs of Chicago. You can say I’ve been a fan for a long time.

P.S. thank god for this site.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When I married 16 years ago I made one thing clear and non- negotiable. Sunday’s from September to December are mine. Don’t plan any parties. Don’t accept any invitations except on bye weeks or off Sundays for prime time.
Man, we're two peas in a pod. Luckily i've never had to make any ultimatums, since I'm forthcoming about my love of football, but I'd dump someone asking me to choose between them and football. Best not to meet anyone during the offseason, haha.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
In my 20's and 30's I was a number 1 type fan as my former boss used to say you could always tell how the Cards did by my Monday / Tuesday mood. As I've gotten older I would classify myself as a number 3 fan I rarely if ever miss a game, but no longer does my whole world revolve around a sports team life is to shorr to be all consumed by any one thing, but it is 4am in March and I'm reading a Cardinal web site to see if I missed any news lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've had the NFL Sunday ticket since it was offered to homes around 1999 or so, Sundays were always scheduled around the Cardinals. There was times I couldn't get out of certain family things but not without a fight on my behalf lol. Before 1999 I had to watch the Cardinals however I could, mainly going to sports bars. Occasionally I would have the luxury of getting to watch them from home on a national telecast before Sunday ticket. I have my favorite teams in all the main sports. My NBA team & MLB team wouldn't be popular to most fans who like all Arizona teams lol. I'm a hardcore fan.

1. Kentucky Wildcats (football & basketball)
1. Arizona Cardinals (tie with Kentucky)

Basically, when the Cardinals or Kentucky games are on, I schedule around things to watch the games. It's all I can think about lol. Maybe a step above hardcore. It's 7:29 am EST time here in Louisville & I'm on a Cardinals message board lol. Sounds pretty hardcore.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had nfl Sunday ticket for 4 years or so....but I also have the mlb and nhl package for directv. So that probably mean I support all az teams.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"I pee in the sink?"

A choice created for the Irish, no doubt.

The difference between shanty and lace Irish?

The "lace" move the dishes a bit before peeing in the sink.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I only pee in the sink at 9ers fans' houses.
#1. I have other interests in life but this is the one I spend the most time and thought on.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score

Should mention I live in the suburbs of Chicago. You can say I’ve been a fan for a long time.

P.S. thank god for this site.

Ditto...been married for 37 years and my wife understands my love of the Cardinals, so we never plan anything on Cardinal Sundays. I'm proud to say that I've also passed on my Cardinal passion to my two adult sons and their rabid Cardinal fans...just like their dad! We have so much fun, and frequently sorrow watching the Cards on Sundays.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto...been married for 37 years and my wife understands my love of the Cardinals, so we never plan anything on Cardinal Sundays. I'm proud to say that I've also passed on my Cardinal passion to my two adult sons and their rabid Cardinal fans...just like their dad! We have so much fun, and frequently sorrow watching the Cards on Sundays.
Ha! As have I. My son warned his wife not to have his first child’s birthday on Sunday. She did so he told her he would be home around 4:00( early game). She said , “ But the party starts at 1:00.” He said, Oh we’ll, I told you not to.”

She changed the starting time. Never have had a problem since then.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had the NFL Sunday ticket since it was offered to homes around 1999 or so, Sundays were always scheduled around the Cardinals. There was times I couldn't get out of certain family things but not without a fight on my behalf lol. Before 1999 I had to watch the Cardinals however I could, mainly going to sports bars. Occasionally I would have the luxury of getting to watch them from home on a national telecast before Sunday ticket. I have my favorite teams in all the main sports. My NBA team & MLB team wouldn't be popular to most fans who like all Arizona teams lol. I'm a hardcore fan.

1. Kentucky Wildcats (football & basketball)
1. Arizona Cardinals (tie with Kentucky)

Basically, when the Cardinals or Kentucky games are on, I schedule around things to watch the games. It's all I can think about lol. Maybe a step above hardcore. It's 7:29 am EST time here in Louisville & I'm on a Cardinals message board lol. Sounds pretty hardcore.
I use to go to bars too. When the ticket came out I resisted. My son begged me to get it. I told him when the cards win a playoff game I’d get it. That was 1998. So I blame it on Jake Plummer. Had the ticket since we defeated the cowboys!

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Ha! As have I. My son warned his wife not to have his first child’s birthday on Sunday. She did so he told her he would be home around 4:00( early game). She said , “ But the party starts at 1:00.” He said, Oh we’ll, I told you not to.”

She changed the starting time. Never have had a problem since then.

Those damn birthdays! I too had to train my kids not to schedule my grandkids' birthdays during Cardinal football games. If they wanted "Papa" to attend the birthday parties, they knew not to interfere with the game. Full disclosure...I'm a loving grandfather who adores his grandchildren, but some things are just sacrosanct!!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I use to go to bars too. When the ticket came out I resisted. My son begged me to get it. I told him when the cards win a playoff game I’d get it. That was 1998. So I blame it on Jake Plummer. Had the ticket since we defeated the cowboys!
The bars got the Sunday ticket like around 1997 or so, maybe 96? It costs bars anywhere between $2500-$8500 depending on how many people the establishment can serve? I got Sunday ticket the same yr as you lol.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those damn birthdays! I too had to train my kids not to schedule my grandkids' birthdays during Cardinal football games. If they wanted "Papa" to attend the birthday parties, they knew not to interfere with the game. Full disclosure...I'm a loving grandfather who adores his grandchildren, but some things are just sacrosanct!!
There are 349 other days in the year. Pick one!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before all my heart procedures, DVR's, and DirectTV, I watched every second of every Cardinal game I could. It usually resulted in me cussing, throwing crap, and screaming at the TV for decades. In grade school & HS, there were fisticuffs almost every Monday. Now that I'm much older, I generally tape every game & watch it afterwards. If the Cardinals are destroying someone, which is almost never, my youngest son will let me know that it's safe to turn the TV on. That's only if we're up by a minimum of 21. Anything less than that & anything will set off the cussing, screaming, and throwing episodes. I'm a hardcore guy, but I wouldn't put myself in the first category, because all that I've explained applies almost equally to:

Syracuse Hoops
Syracuse Football
St. Louis Baseball Cardinals
Notre Dame Football

I used to be a hardcore NY Knicks & Montreal Canadiens fan, but I need not explain why that no longer applies, especially with the Knicks. As feeble as the Cardinal Organization has been, it'll never match how pathetic the Knicks organization is & has been for what seems like an eternity.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Num 1 intrest during season!!!! The off season is so long i get soooo pumped once boring preseason starts lol

Hoping for a good yr by Murray next season and the rookies

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
I kept it private so no one felt like someone was going to dig this up somewhere down the line and say "well, you're not a fan, your opinion doesn't matter."
Obviously none of us are the fly by night guys that are crazy town when a team is good and disappears when bad. There are just different levels forsure some of us just have come to realization I'll still have to go to work tomorrow and provide what my family and I need and can't always be consumed by another person's job I'd rather I do good at mine and bitch about the job Keim is doing Lol interesting thread thou

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave