If either were available when our 1st pick comes,

Should Cards pass on Simmons or Brown, if available, for the top OL or WR.

• No way, they gotta take a stud like Simmons or Brown if available

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Yes, the greater need for a starting OT or another Fitz incarnate trumps everything

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
If the main goal is to win more games, Brown HAS to be the choice unless they covered it in FA already. Does anyone remember when the D included CC and DD? Hellooo? Well, now we have Corey. I've said this before, I ain't knockin' Corey. He's solid and reliable and steady.
This D line needs more than Corey and Gunter though. Philon never played. Nkemdiche went away finally, and now it's absolutely time to JACK that D line up. It means everything to stop the run better, command a double team from pass protectors and just create disruption for the opposing O. Their QB has less time=good things happen.

This NFC west has some brutal running attacks, and that has got to be mitigated.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just read the USA today mock. Has us trading #8 to the Colts for #13, #34 and a late round pick....and still getting Lamb at #13.

I would take that deal all day long. 3 top 40 picks in this draft would be great.

That is exactly the deal I am hoping for

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If I rank them...

Wirfs - OT
Derrick Brown - DT
Jeffrey Okudah - CB
Isaiah Simmons - ILB

but...

Wirfs - OT
Derrick Brown - DT
Isaiah Simmons - S
Jeffrey Okudah - CB

Here is why I make that distinction. If you tell me that we can get bigger, stronger, faster, and better vs the run and vs TEs by adding a 230 lb S who runs sub 4.4, I buy that argument all day. Especially in a division where the biggest threats we face are inside the hash marks and against the run. However, hard pass on adding a lean ILB who is inexperienced at the position and lacks great instincts.

Reaction score
Better an athletic freak like Simmons then a +325 pounds Dt with not great college production and with very poor athleticism
Ding!

If he’s there, Simmons should be the pick. End of story. Been saying that for awhile.
He’s exactly what the defense needs.

To pass on him for a WR, in a ridiculously deep WR class would be a huge mistake.
Ding!

Just read the USA today mock. Has us trading #8 to the Colts for #13, #34 and a late round pick....and still getting Lamb at #13.

I would take that deal all day long. 3 top 40 picks in this draft would be great.
If Simmons is gone at #8, then this would be excellent!

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Isaiah Simmons is a beast and his versatility would immediately impact our defense. Finally someone that could cover a TE that can also provide a pass rush.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not understand the love for Brown.

Why in the heck would you want to spend the #8 pick on a guy that got 55 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

In my opinion there is almost no DT worth a top 10 pick, it just isn't a very impactful position. I sure as hell would not draft one that didn't even put up good production in college at 8.

In my opinion top 10 picks should be focused on QB's, CB's, OT's, and Edge Rushers, or excellent offensive play makers.

I would never pick a guard, Center, a DT, or a Safety in the top 10 unless they look like surefire hall of famers and appear far superior to what is available at the more important positions.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do not understand the love for Brown.

Why in the heck would you want to spend the #8 pick on a guy that got 55 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

In my opinion there is almost no DT worth a top 10 pick, it just isn't a very impactful position. I sure as hell would not draft one that didn't even put up good production in college at 8.

In my opinion top 10 picks should be focused on QB's, CB's, OT's, and Edge Rushers, or excellent offensive play makers.

I would never pick a guard, Center, a DT, or a Safety in the top 10 unless they look like surefire hall of famers and appear far superior to what is available at the more important positions.
When you watch the film of Derrick Brown throwing offensive linemen from Alabama, Georgia, and LSU around the field like they are little kids, you should be getting a "far superior" vibe. Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, JJ Watt, Grady Jarrett, Chris Jones, and Geno Atkins all would argue that they are very impactful and I would agree.

I get not loving taking a DT high, and by your description I imagine you prefer Okudah, Chase Young, Mekhi Becton, maybe Wirfs, and WRs in # 8?