NFL Combine 2020

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Depends on whether someone goes for an OL or D Brown first.
Detroit and the Giants will determine what happens after.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Isiah Simmons is the definition of sideline to sideline

I knew he was athletic and big but I didn’t realize how truly athletic and big he would be when actually measured. It has been a while since a linebacker played like this so consistently and then measured out at historic and record breaking measures. Usually it is one or the other. If there weren’t so many teams desperate for a QB, he would go in the top 3. Derrick Thomas level potential

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Where Simmons says he is most comfortable....... WILB

Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8.....
Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8..... Please make it to 8.....

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Where Simmons says he is most comfortable....... WILB

I'm taking it as you think the Cardinals should draft Simmons at #8, Yes?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons might not get past the Lions. I know there has been whispers of dealing Slay but if they can’t I don’t see why the Lions wouldn’t take him.

I think the Giants go OT Wirfs.

That leaves the Dolphins, Chargers and Panthers.

It appears the Dolphins will take Tua IF healthy.

Chargers either take a Qb but could very well have their qb before the draft Thus taking Okudah here.

The Panthers could do a lot here but I see them trading down to a team like the Raiders who I think would love Juedy. Or the Colts if there’s a Qb they fall in love with ( Love?) If they stay put I can see them taking an OT , Brown or Okudah.

In Which case CeeDee is ours.

Of course I’m probably totally wrong on every pick. Lol!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of people on here that are pissed when we don’t take an OL until round 5, if at all.

Personally with the OL situation I trust in Kruger. They like what they are seeing out of Murray, Cole and Gilliard plus I think they also really like Toth (from what I’ve heard)

Not drafting talented linemen and hoping we can polish low round turds into diamonds is why we always have a bottom 10 O line.

Rather than hoping Kugler can turn guys into average starters wouldn't you rather him turn guys into perennial All Pros?

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not drafting talented linemen and hoping we can polish low round turds into diamonds is why we always have a bottom 10 O line.

Rather than hoping Kugler can turn guys into average starters wouldn't you rather him turn guys into perennial All Pros?

Instead of drafting in the low rounds I am in favour of signing proven FA guys, or ones who are ready to step up after being behind an all pro or something. We should sign Conklin if possible and go from there

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Instead of drafting in the low rounds I am in favour of signing proven FA guys, or ones who are ready to step up after being behind an all pro or something. We should sign Conklin if possible and go from there
Yeah
He is a proven veteran and still young, will start the season at 26
Murray can be the switch tackle
Then getting a guy like Cesar ruiz in the second round
Humphries pugh ruiz Sweezy Conklin
And Cole gaillard Murray+a later pick as depth guy

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Conklin going to cost 18m plus and he's average. Why would you do that when you can draft a better prospect at 8?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People overthinking Wirfs...only freshman ever to start at Iowa. Athletic freak. Young. 1st round value player all year. Played both tackle spots. Highly graded through PFF, historic numbers at combine...but why didnt he do more...lol...you guys are crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
With those attributes, Keim would definitely look the other way

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
1st round pick 8 :D
I think he can offer a kind of Valdeher level of performance

Veldheer is available. He is still only 32 and played RT for the Packers last year (week 17 and playoff game)

FWIW - he would have been the highest rated OL on our team (PFF 69.2). :)

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
IMO Simmons will go in the top 4.

what might help here for the Cards if you want Simmons to fall

yes he put up a workout, as expected

but suprisingly, something like 6 other LBs ran in the 4.5x range or lower

not that a good 40 time is all that, but there seems to be a supply of run and chase guys in this draft

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lucas Niang is a fringe 1st round talent that will slip to the 2nd due to a hip injury cutting his last season short.

It’s him or nobody else for me. Austin Jackson is awful & Prince Tega is wayyyy too damn raw.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think lamb will be the only one available

Burrow
Young
Simmons
Becton
Tua
Love
Okudah
Lamb

Lets say it goes just like this except the Panthers take Derrick Brown.

Now we have both Okudah (who we never dreamed would be there), and Lamb as options. Who do you pick?

Personally I go with Okudah because we are going to need another CB very soon. PP21 might be traded, but he is walking at the end of the year. Alford may or may not be anything for us. We have 1 year to see. Murphy was ok, but got worse as the season went on. Okudah could be a CB1 for us as soon as mid season. The WR class is just too deep, we can get a starter in the 2nd round.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets say it goes just like this except the Panthers take Derrick Brown.

Now we have both Okudah (who we never dreamed would be there), and Lamb as options. Who do you pick?

Personally I go with Okudah because we are going to need another CB very soon. PP21 might be traded, but he is walking at the end of the year. Alford may or may not be anything for us. We have 1 year to see. Murphy was ok, but got worse as the season went on. Okudah could be a CB1 for us as soon as mid season. The WR class is just too deep, we can get a starter in the 2nd round.

Source?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Personally I go with Okudah because we are going to need another CB very soon. PP21 might be traded, but he is walking at the end of the year.

even if PP21 is kept / extended

would it be all so bad to have starting CBs in PP / Okudah with Murphy in the slot? Alford for depth / possible trade late in camp to a team that desperately needs a starting CB

if Okudah is there, you take him and dont look back even if it doesnt fit neatly with pressing needs. Draft -- especially in the top 10 -- is about the next 5-8 years, not next year

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson