It's getting hard to watch Suns games.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Were you in the Salt Lake area when you experienced that blackout? Curious why that would be but I suppose that could cause it, or if you have your billing address set as one in Utah so it uses the rules for blackouts based on Utah being your "home" team.
I'm not sure why but no my billing address for my card is Arizona , and I was in Montana and DC during the year so maybe Montana had something to do with it but no clue

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This thread is different than what I thought it would be. /s

I have league pass but I paid for regional sports on Dish for many years just to watch DBacks and Coyotes. This year (since July) has been tough.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hulu Live is 55 a month, and still has Fox Sports, for now anyway. I am considering switching to them.

How do you like Hulu Live? I've heard it's great for everything but sports for some reason, like it buffers too much and the quality isn't HD regularly. Have you noticed issues with it while watching the Suns or Coyotes?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hulu Live is 55 a month, and still has Fox Sports, for now anyway. I am considering switching to them.

I was checking out Hulu at one time but I wasn't sure they carried the local channels for Arizona.

Do you know if they do?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you like Hulu Live? I've heard it's great for everything but sports for some reason, like it buffers too much and the quality isn't HD regularly. Have you noticed issues with it while watching the Suns or Coyotes?

Have not tried it yet - they do offer a week free trial, will probably check it out before committing to switching. If I don't like it, I will probably just use nba streams for the rest of the season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was checking out Hulu at one time but I wasn't sure they carried the local channels for Arizona.

Do you know if they do?

It says they do - looks like their channel list is almost identical to youtube tv - the downside is the dvr they offer is only 50 hours a month - but you can pay extra for 200 hours a month, wheras with youtube.tv it's unlimited.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It says they do - looks like their channel list is almost identical to youtube tv - the downside is the dvr they offer is only 50 hours a month - but you can pay extra for 200 hours a month, wheras with youtube.tv it's unlimited.

Appreciate the information. Sounds workable for me if DirecTV raises their rates.

Right now I do not even have a DVR (just receivers) because if I ask for new equipment they will require a new 2 year contract. I like being a free agent because I can change services anytime I want.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think there may be some free streaming options on the internet.

This might be an option?

http://nba4free.com/nbastreams/
I will probably have to do this and then chrome cast it to my TV. It is sure inconvenient though. I use a Roku. The NBA needs to get a handle on this. First, they need to discard the ridiculous blackout rules. If the local provider does not produce a reasonably priced and available product, the fan should not suffer for it.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently Fubo dropped the Fox RSNs earlier too.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish there was a streaming service where you could pick exactly the channels you want, and just pay for those. I would pay the price of youtubetv for like 10 channels if I could just pick the ones I actually use.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will probably have to do this and then chrome cast it to my TV. It is sure inconvenient though. I use a Roku. The NBA needs to get a handle on this. First, they need to discard the ridiculous blackout rules. If the local provider does not produce a reasonably priced and available product, the fan should not suffer for it.

Actually if you have a firestick - it has internet browser app's you can use - Firefox is what I use. If you use that you don't have to use a computer at all.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish there was a streaming service where you could pick exactly the channels you want, and just pay for those. I would pay the price of youtubetv for like 10 channels if I could just pick the ones I actually use.

It will get there eventually - but not until cable is mostly gone.

I think sports teams are going to start selling their games on the internet very soon and bypassing the regional networks.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Inw
Maybe you have programming I don't have. I do not have any premium channels like HBO or Showtime.
Yea i just watch all my stuff on YouTube apps Netflix i dont even watch reg cable

Lol than i watch all.sport events on my hdtv theough crackstreams.com

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm overpaying for Cox to watch Suns and Yotes games. Honestly I love to sit back prop the feet up with a beverage
and watch the big screen. BUT there are ways to view Suns telecasts free on your PC. I have a decent size/brand monitor
to watch free @ http://bilasport.net/ If this helps, enjoy. Works for all pro team sports too.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Anyone here have Hulu? What are you opinions? I’ve been pretty bummed over this. I have really liked YouTubetv but it totally loses its appeal if I can’t have my Suns games. Dropped Directv over the summer because the bill was insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Appreciate the information. Sounds workable for me if DirecTV raises their rates.

Right now I do not even have a DVR (just receivers) because if I ask for new equipment they will require a new 2 year contract. I like being a free agent because I can change services anytime I want.
If you tell them you’re leaving for a steaming service, they’ll probably offer you upgrades to equipment or price. They tried everything under the sun to keep me a few months ago but I was ready to move on to the steaming world at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you tell them you’re leaving for a steaming service, they’ll probably offer you upgrades to equipment or price. They tried everything under the sun to keep me a few months ago but I was ready to move on to the steaming world at that point.

Yeah. They will do anything to keep you. That's why I'm still with them. However, new equipment usually comes with a new contract.

Reactions: Rab