With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Young is better, but he did disappear down the stretch. IMO, Simeon was a mental midget, and we passed on a HOF O-Lineman when we drafted him. There’s nothing about drafting Simeon Rice that conjures up positive vibes.

That's harsh. Teams were game planning just for Young. Double teams, bootlegs to the other side etc

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, the following from Simeon creates a positive vibe for me:

Sacks: 122.0
Pass deflections: 35
Forced fumbles: 25
Tackles: 475

Do those numbers include his time in Tampa? I didn't say he wasn't a good player, but he was a far cry from Jonathan Ogden. Let's not forget that he consistently referred to Phoenix as the armpit of the NFL. If his head was screwed on right, he could have been a HOF'er.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do those numbers include his time in Tampa? I didn't say he wasn't a good player, but he was a far cry from Jonathan Ogden. Let's not forget that he consistently referred to Phoenix as the armpit of the NFL. If his head was screwed on right, he could have been a HOF'er.

He said it once and, at the time, most agreed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's harsh. Teams were game planning just for Young. Double teams, bootlegs to the other side etc

I'm a semi Buckeyes fan, so I'm still pissed they got hosed in the Clemson game. Your take is accurate, but somehow, someway, his name had to be heard more often in those last few games & they weren't.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im starting to wonder if Cee Dee will even be there at 8.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe Young is better, but he did disappear down the stretch. IMO, Simeon was a mental midget, and we passed on a HOF O-Lineman when we drafted him. There’s nothing about drafting Simeon Rice that conjures up positive vibes.

I'm talking more about his ability to bend the edge.

Young is better than Nick Bosa.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not drafting OL because of Justin Murray is like not drafting DL because of Zach Allen. It seems like something a stupid team would do. Of course we still have the FA period to upgrade which will give us more of an idea come the draft.

Justin Murray was playing pretty well by the end of the season.

You could argue that the top tackles could be an immediate upgrade, but it's a stretch to say the next tier of guys would be better than a veteran who started most of the year and got appreciably better.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Justin Murray was playing pretty well by the end of the season.

You could argue that the top tackles could be an immediate upgrade, but it's a stretch to say the next tier of guys would be better than a veteran who started most of the year and got appreciably better.
I'm sorry, but a guy who has bounced through six different teams and was originally an undrafted free agent has nowhere near the ceiling of a guy in that next tier.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im starting to wonder if Cee Dee will even be there at 8.
Only team I could see drafting a WR before us is maybe New York. However, I think Gettleman goes Oline or defense. They actually hit on their later round WR (Slayton) so its not a pressing need. They gotta help Jones stop fumbling so much. Think they go Oline or take BPA in Simmons.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but a guy who has bounced through six different teams and was originally an undrafted free agent has nowhere near the ceiling of a guy in that next tier.

Bouncing from team to team and being undrafted doesnt detract from anything.

That's about the biggest ******** answer I've seen from you and that's saying something.

James Harrison was an undrafted free agent and bounced around for awhile. So was Kurt Warner
I'm not comparing impact at all, just pointing out that the NFL gets it wrong all of the time.

Justin Murray is a decent NFL player with some untapped upside. If you want a tackle, you better take one of the top guys because after them, the other guys arent ready to play right away.

In a perfect world, the Cardinals find a good starter and push Murray into the swing role, but with so many holes it's probably smarter to address another position.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Only team I could see drafting a WR before us is maybe New York. However, I think Gettleman goes Oline or defense. They actually hit on their later round WR (Slayton) so its not a pressing need. They gotta help Jones stop fumbling so much. Think they go Oline or take BPA in Simmons.

The Giants desperately need a LT. Daniel Jones had like the most fumbles of any player in 17 years.

Gettlemen has an obsession with collecting defensive line to the detriment of every other position, so Brown could be a consideration as well.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem with not addressing OL...

Yes, our issue was a lack of explosive plays. However, the main problem was we couldnt extend drives. This is a rhythm offense from Kliff. If we're in rhythm we'll get guys open and we can move the offense. We dont seem to have the time for our wrs to run longer routes.

So as great as Jeudy/Lamb are if Kyler doesn't have time or Kliff can only call short routes....well..

Again Keim previous misses almost dont allow you to address the outside.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Bouncing from team to team and being undrafted doesnt detract from anything.

That's about the biggest ******** answer I've seen from you and that's saying something.

James Harrison was an undrafted free agent and bounced around for awhile. So was Kurt Warner
I'm not comparing impact at all, just pointing out that the NFL gets it wrong all of the time.

Justin Murray is a decent NFL player with some untapped upside. If you want a tackle, you better take one of the top guys because after them, the other guys arent ready to play right away.

In a perfect world, the Cardinals find a good starter and push Murray into the swing role, but with so many holes it's probably smarter to address another position.
Dude, you’re the king of outliers. James Harrison and Kurt Warner are so extreme and unique that they’re not even worth mentioning.

For as much as the guy is not my favorite player, and I’ll jump to criticize him, Kyler Murray is the most valuable player on this team right now. You’ve got to protect that investment.

How does bouncing from team to team not mean anything? It means something because five different coaching staffs gave up on him for other players. I honestly don’t understand how you evaluate players. If I got fired from my job five times, all signs point to not being very good at my job.

Fully expecting another post where we blame Kyler Murray for a bunch of sacks but ignore that he’s also the reason the line wasn’t saddled with more.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
I cant believe there are fans who think we dont need OL help. Because we signed Humphries,who has completed what, 1 full healthy year? And Justin Murray progressively sucked less and less as the year went on. And we have no other depth at all at the OT position. Yet somehow we're all set there.

We are way better off at WR than OT in the talent/depth/injury history department. Im all for not drafting for need, but lets be at least mildly objective when evaluating our OL talent.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude, you’re the king of outliers. James Harrison and Kurt Warner are so extreme and unique that they’re not even worth mentioning.

For as much as the guy is not my favorite player, and I’ll jump to criticize him, Kyler Murray is the most valuable player on this team right now. You’ve got to protect that investment.

How does bouncing from team to team not mean anything? It means something because five different coaching staffs gave up on him for other players. I honestly don’t understand how you evaluate players. If I got fired from my job five times, all signs point to not being very good at my job.

Fully expecting another post where we blame Kyler Murray for a bunch of sacks but ignore that he’s also the reason the line wasn’t saddled with more.

It proves that your comment is dumb. Where a player comes from matters nil once they start playing. Justin Murray played fairly well. The Cardinals set a franchise record 5.0 yards per carry.

Rookie OL often suck horribly. Andre Dillard was AWFUL last year. Relying on a rookie OL is not a great idea.

I want Wirfs, Wills, or Becton first and foremost, but I understand passing and going a different route.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

You do not have to put a caveat every single freaking time you find yourself saying something positive about Murray... geez, we get it already lol

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals select:

Who?

I see:
Jeudy, Brown, Lamb, Simmons, Thomas, Wills (not to me but to some) or Wirfs as the most possible targets.

I think the Panthers being in front of us could kill our chances for Jeudy, but with the Jags behind us, they may want to swap up to secure Herbert if he is still there.

Bengals, Dolphins, & Chargers may all go QB though before we have a chance to get a sweet trade back deal.

What say you?
Add Kinlaw and Ruggs II to the mix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose