NFL Combine 2020

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That Sideline catch is why I love Lamb so much.

His body control, hands and awareness is elite level talent. DeAndre Hopkins reborn.

Seriously watch these Hopkins highlights and replace Lamb on the back of his Jersey:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The other receivers film isnt as good for the most part.

Dont let the combine trick you.

I said the same thing before the combine. If there is one thing that draft history proves it's that top 10 WR's are no more certain than those further back. There is going to be a WR with 1st round talent at 40 for sure.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Both Jeudy and Lamb compared their games to Deandre Hopkins'. That would be nice. We really can't go wrong with this pick at 8, it's just a shame to leave other great pieces on the table to do so. Damn. What can we trade to get picks 8, 9, and 10? Grrrrrr...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
2/28/20, 9:27 AM
One player for the Cardinals to watch on Day 2 of the NFL draft is LSU WR Justin Jefferson, who ran a 4.43 40. He’s 6-1 and 202 but Cardinals asst Jerry Sullivan worked with him at LSU and raved about him. Pairing Jefferson with Sullivan and Larry Fitzgerald coulud be the recipe.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Conducting the draft is a lot like day trading. You have to have nerves of steel, master your emotions, and not get caught up jumping the gun because of fear or greed. Have a plan and work it like a machine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way Jefferson makes it to our pick. He's day 1 IMO. 6 day one WR's IMO. Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Higgins, Jefferson, & Reagor.

There are a lot of good receivers. They can't all go first round.

Say Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs go top 16.

You have Jefferson, Aiyuk, Shenault, Reagor and Higgins all with a majority of 1st round grades. I think at least 2 are still around at 40. Couldn't say which two.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Initially I was torn between Simmons, Lamb and Jeudy. Now I have to think Lamb is edging it (until we see Simmons and get confused again).

Lamb is said to have an amazing work ethic which is what you need to take the next step towards greatness.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Combine thoughts:

Jerry Jeudy didn't run the 40 from what I saw, never saw a time listed for him. He looked good in the pass catching drills.

Justin Jefferson ran a 4.4 in the 40. Looked good in the passing drills, had a couple bad throws he couldn't haul in. I think he improved his draft stock a great deal. May even sneak into the end of round 1?

Henry Ruggs lll ran a 4.28 in the 40. He said he was going to & did. Charlie Casserly timed him at a 4.2 flat. He strained a quad & didn't participate in the pass catching drills. Sat out with a ice bag on his quad. He will participate in the pass catching drills at Alabama's pro day.

Freddie Swain didn't run the 40, if he did I never saw a time listed for him? He did look good in all the pass catching drills.

Reagor from TCU ran a 4.3 something in the 40 best I can remember. He looked good in the pass catching drills.

Potche (sp) from SMU, not sure about his 40, if he ran I never saw his time? He looked really good in the pass catching drills imo. He could be a fine 3rd-4th rd addition for somebody. Maybe even higher?

CeeDee Lamb ran a 4.5 in the 40. Good lord, he looked so fluid in the pass catching drills, he didn't run them all but he did do most of them. On the last drill of the night, he made a leaping catch for an overthrown ball, did a summersault when he landed & held on. Michael Irvin just raved about him. After watching his performance tonight & knowing KM is clamoring to the FO about him, he would be my guess as to who we pick at #8. That could change depending on who we sign in FA. I just think that KM is gonna get his wish in the end.

Couple QB's that looked good:
Steven Montrez & Jordon Love. Both looked good on deep passes but imo Love looked the best. I could see Love going to Tampa Bay at #14, maybe even to the Colts at #11? We all know how much BA loves to sling it down the field & I'm sure he was there watching all those deep balls thrown by Love. Jordon Love will definitely go in the 1st rd. Montrez I could see going in round 2. The reason I mentioned the QB's is because of trade scenarios. If certain teams at the bottom of the draft like what they saw tonight, they could be looking to trade up & take a QB? Maybe a defensive player slides down to us at #8? Still think our pick will be Lamb after what I witnessed tonight.

Jeudy did run the 40, I think his best time was 4.45 the other 4.51 or something like that.

Reagor was actually slower in the 40 than I expected 4.47 and 4.5. I'm not worried about his speed I know he's fast, but I expected him to be under 4.4. They said he ran a 4.29 at TCU. One NFL scout said the 40 times didn't help but didn't hurt because his jumps(vert and broad) were so off the charts good it balanced out.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After day one, Lamb is the leader in the clubhouse. Of course we need to see the defenders work.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of talk about guys were not going to draft. No way they go WR in round 1

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NFL draft preview..

Matt Smith believes 4 QBs go top 10 (Jordan Love)

Possible the Raiders trade up to 8?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A lot of talk about guys were not going to draft. No way they go WR in round 1
There's a pretty good chance we go WR, man. We can argue the should we conversation, but the team's not going to waste their time interviewing the top three WRs or talking about Kyler pushing for Lamb in radio interviews if there's "no chance."

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline)
2/28/20, 1:59 PM
Defensive Line Bench Press Results:
Bradlee Anae- 25
Raekwon Davis- 24
AJ Epenesa- 17
Jonathan Garvin- 23
Trevis Gipson- 25