NFL Combine 2020

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2nd farthest broad jump ever by a WR. Chris Conley and Calvin Johnson jumped an inch farther.

He was a state champ in the long jump in HS so I'm not at all surprised he did well. His 40 time surprised me I actually thought he'd be faster.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said it before, but I'm kinda mad we drafted 3 wrs last year. Because I'd want to draft 2 this year (not saying 1st round)

If we do draft Ruggs, one thread we won't have is can Henry Ruggs dunk. Do yourself a favor and google Henry Ruggs dunks, before he became a fulltime football player in HS he was a basketball star, dude can sky.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't put my finger on it, but I want Lamb over Jeudy for our team. Juedy looks fantastic, but Lamb has some anger or intensity to him that I want in our receiver room. I want to watch him play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nah I think this is a Kyler situation where he'll just have to adjust to playing at a heavier weight his rookie year.

I always figured Kyler sacrificed some agility for extra “padding”. I think when he worked some of it off during the season there was a clear difference. Some guys have the ability to add bulk and not change their game. Some guys it takes them a while to adjust. Some guys just don’t have the body for it.

As for Lamb I think he was just adding some weight for the scales. I doubt we see significant bulking for the season (nor should he if it affects speed/acceleration).

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Combine thoughts:

Jerry Jeudy didn't run the 40 from what I saw, never saw a time listed for him. He looked good in the pass catching drills.

Justin Jefferson ran a 4.4 in the 40. Looked good in the passing drills, had a couple bad throws he couldn't haul in. I think he improved his draft stock a great deal. May even sneak into the end of round 1?

Henry Ruggs lll ran a 4.28 in the 40. He said he was going to & did. Charlie Casserly timed him at a 4.2 flat. He strained a quad & didn't participate in the pass catching drills. Sat out with a ice bag on his quad. He will participate in the pass catching drills at Alabama's pro day.

Freddie Swain didn't run the 40, if he did I never saw a time listed for him? He did look good in all the pass catching drills.

Reagor from TCU ran a 4.3 something in the 40 best I can remember. He looked good in the pass catching drills.

Potche (sp) from SMU, not sure about his 40, if he ran I never saw his time? He looked really good in the pass catching drills imo. He could be a fine 3rd-4th rd addition for somebody. Maybe even higher?

CeeDee Lamb ran a 4.5 in the 40. Good lord, he looked so fluid in the pass catching drills, he didn't run them all but he did do most of them. On the last drill of the night, he made a leaping catch for an overthrown ball, did a summersault when he landed & held on. Michael Irvin just raved about him. After watching his performance tonight & knowing KM is clamoring to the FO about him, he would be my guess as to who we pick at #8. That could change depending on who we sign in FA. I just think that KM is gonna get his wish in the end.

Couple QB's that looked good:
Steven Montrez & Jordon Love. Both looked good on deep passes but imo Love looked the best. I could see Love going to Tampa Bay at #14, maybe even to the Colts at #11? We all know how much BA loves to sling it down the field & I'm sure he was there watching all those deep balls thrown by Love. Jordon Love will definitely go in the 1st rd. Montrez I could see going in round 2. The reason I mentioned the QB's is because of trade scenarios. If certain teams at the bottom of the draft like what they saw tonight, they could be looking to trade up & take a QB? Maybe a defensive player slides down to us at #8? Still think our pick will be Lamb after what I witnessed tonight.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I expect Herbert to flame out (especially if he goes to Miami) but he wears 236 incredibly well. You can see why a team would reach based on measurables/looks.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Possible he's a Dalvin Cook kinda guy. Athletically tests average, but on the field very explosive. We'll see.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of the WR's looked great, but I still don't want any of them. You don't put the roof on before you built the walls.

If anything the showings by guys like Mims, Jefferson etc only proves that taking a WR at 8 would be a waste when you can get guys not far off the same level further back.

Also there seems to be a lot of certainly (group think) from Draftniks about the top 10 to the point where it's widely expected which players will be gone before 8.

The real thing very rarely resembles the mocks, even in the top 10, and free agency hasn't even started yet. A lot is going to change. I wouldn't rule anyone out from being there at 8 except Burrows, Young and Okudah.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jeudy's 3-cone is no surprise at all. And that In-air twist from Lamb...... Wow.

Both are just so smooth.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are either of Jeudy or Lamb bat**** crazy, like OBJ or AB or TO? That, we don't need no matter what his 40 time is or if he can pirouette in the air. Or are they solid dudes?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

field level really gives you a sense of how sudden and explosive these guys are

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A lot of the WR's looked great, but I still don't want any of them. You don't put the roof on before you built the walls.

If anything the showings by guys like Mims, Jefferson etc only proves that taking a WR at 8 would be a waste when you can get guys not far off the same level further back.

Also there seems to be a lot of certainly (group think) from Draftniks about the top 10 to the point where it's widely expected which players will be gone before 8.

The real thing very rarely resembles the mocks, even in the top 10, and free agency hasn't even started yet. A lot is going to change. I wouldn't rule anyone out from being there at 8 except Burrows, Young and Okudah.

The other receivers film isnt as good for the most part.

Dont let the combine trick you.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are either of Jeudy or Lamb bat**** crazy, like OBJ or AB or TO? That, we don't need no matter what his 40 time is or if he can pirouette in the air. Or are they solid dudes?

Doug and Wolfe had a guy on from Oklahoma to talk about Lamb. Said Lamb is a high character guy that is very similar to Kyler Murray personality wise. Off the field Lamb is humble and well liked by his team. However the minute he steps on the field he treats every play like its his last. When Lamb is on the field he gives it his all on every play whether he is running a route or blocking down field. When the ball is in the air Lamb attacks it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave