Could we have another NO#1 QB be traded?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I saw a clip on NFL Network posing the question (not quoting here) what if the Redskins picked a QB like Tua with their 2nd pick and traded Haskins ala the Murray/Rosen scenario last year?
I know its not an exact match being the Skins have the 2nd pick, but what if that really happened, how crazy would that be? Lol

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a clip on NFL Network posing the question (not quoting here) what if the Redskins picked a QB like Tua with their 2nd pick and traded Haskins ala the Murray/Rosen scenario last year?
I know its not an exact match being the Skins have the 2nd pick, but what if that really happened, how crazy would that be? Lol
The success of a franchise pass through a qb, so if u can improve the position u go with that pick
I don't get why some franchise decide to stick with a supposed to be talented qb for several years with a low record of playoff appearances

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It would be crazy if they actually did that. They won't. Only thing they're doing by showing interest in Tua is this. Smokescreen to drive up the trading price. Show interest, make it seem like they will take him just to make a team ante up with picks.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

There are literally no scenarios in which I would lay down my fandom at the altar, but this one is pretty damn close. I'd rather not consider it at all. Not even for off season board chatter.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they could find a buyer for Haskins for maybe a 3rd I could see it.

That’s if you want to risk taking a qb who’s hip was crushed and hope to god some d-lineman doesn’t fall on him the wrong way.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
They also said Tua or any of the other QBs available just so it doesn't seem like it was gonna be a Tua pick. I just find it interesting that this type of discussion didn't really have seriousness to it with the talking heads until we did it last year. I could be wrong

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Maybe the 7 teams ahead of the Cards will all make crazy decisions that would ultimately drop Chase Young to #8.

A guy can dream, can't he?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Paul at the Ole Brass Rail thinks Alex Smith is starting all 16 games next season and will “Wow” people...

So no, they won’t be drafting a QB ;)

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
It would be crazy if they actually did that. They won't. Only thing they're doing by showing interest in Tua is this. Smokescreen to drive up the trading price. Show interest, make it seem like they will take him just to make a team ante up with picks.

ya. That’s what everyone was saying last year when the scenario of drafting Kyler was brought up.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They’ll take Young. Haskins looked good late in the year.

And plz don’t compare him to Rosen in terms of talent...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah...look at all the wins Chandler Jones got with the Cardinals when we had Sam Bradford, Josh Rosen, and Drew Stanton at QB. What is dumb is not prioritizing the QB to it's appropriate value.

Haskins was a significantly better qb in college than Rosen and started to look much better later in the season. Additionally, I think this is just smoke and Skins will not draft another qb.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson