With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I see your point. But they drafted their qbotf last year. Who in their right minds would draft a qb two years in a row? Oh wait....:)
And whether you agree or disagree with move...the current verdict is that it worked and that is the basis Washington would have to justify the move. Crazy to think this happens two years in a row, but all of the justifications are there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I see your point. But they drafted their qbotf last year. Who in their right minds would draft a qb two years in a row? Oh wait....:)

Keim was right.

The mistake was Rosen. QB is just so important that it's worth spending two 1st rounds picks to get a good young one.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Greg Cosell thinks the Bama wrs are the top wrs in the draft. Jeudy still #1.

Says he doesnt think Lamb can play on the outside and will instead be a slot guy.

Obviously time will tell, but if we draft Lamb and he cant play outside...man not a good eval by us. Wouldnt be a problem if we didnt have a bunch of slot guys already.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Greg Cosell thinks the Bama wrs are the top wrs in the draft. Jeudy still #1.

Says he doesnt think Lamb can play on the outside and will instead be a slot guy.

Obviously time will tell, but if we draft Lamb and he cant play outside...man not a good eval by us. Wouldnt be a problem if we didnt have a bunch of slot guys already.

The Cardinals cannot get caught up in the whole 'Kyler and CeeDee were a dynamic duo in college', because when does one stop loading up with Sooners when we do not play in the Big XII. Now if they think Lamb is a better WR than Jeaudy independent of Lamb's affiliations, then yeah... draft him

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get that Tua is a great prospect but I would never take him . Hip injuries are not something to take lightly. Remember when he got hurt they weren’t sure he would play again.

I just don’t think it’s worth the risk. What happens when a 300 d- lineman falls on top of that hip?

if we were drafting a qb this year I would be praying we didn’t take him.
People said that about Rosen’s shoulder (I have) and Kyler’s frame. Both been relatively healthy in the pros.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People said that about Rosen’s shoulder (I have) and Kyler’s frame. Both been relatively healthy in the pros.
His injury was severe enough tovquestion whether he might ever play again. They are making a big deal about him no longer limping. He may go on to have a great career but I’d be very Leary.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cardinals cannot get caught up in the whole 'Kyler and CeeDee were a dynamic duo in college', because when does one stop loading up with Sooners when we do not play in the Big XII. Now if they think Lamb is a better WR than Jeaudy independent of Lamb's affiliations, then yeah... draft him
Agree..if they feel he's better than draft him.

However, I dont want to see a situation where he's forced outside (cant win). We find out he's better in the slot, but Fitz/Kirk are already there so hes really not used to his full potential. It seems very Keim.

Kyler, although didnt play a snap yet, vouched for Cody Ford and passed. So maybe they'll continue to draft the best available.

Even though bias aside I wanted Ford as a G/RT as well.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His injury was severe enough tovquestion whether he might ever play again. They are making a big deal about him no longer limping. He may go on to have a great career but I’d be very Leary.
The analysis at the time was that either he had loss of blood flow to the hip long enough to cause permanent damage... or he didn't. And if he didn't, he'd heal fine. Now they're saying he didn't, so the "worst case scenario" from the day of the injury doesn't seem to be in play any longer. Not saying there's no risk or there won't be any lingering restrictions, but that's the medical analysis i've heard.

I'm sure NFL GMs have looked into it very, very thoroughly, so if a team drafts him in the top 10, they must be convinced that he won't suffer significant long-term consequences.

...dave

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The analysis at the time was that either he had loss of blood flow to the hip long enough to cause permanent damage... or he didn't. And if he didn't, he'd heal fine. Now they're saying he didn't, so the "worst case scenario" from the day of the injury doesn't seem to be in play any longer. Not saying there's no risk or there won't be any lingering restrictions, but that's the medical analysis i've heard.

I'm sure NFL GMs have looked into it very, very thoroughly, so if a team drafts him in the top 10, they must be convinced that he won't suffer significant long-term consequences.

...dave
I get that. Just glad we aren’t in a position to make that decision.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is a very realistic prediction for the first 10 picks as things currently stand

1 - Bengals - Joe Burrow - QB
2 - Washington - Tua Tagovailoa - QB
3 - Detroit - Chase Young - EDGE
4 - Giants - Derrick Brown - DL
5 - Dolphins - Justin Herbert - QB
6 - Chargers - Jordan Love - QB
7 - Panthers - Jeffrey Okudah - CB
8 - Cardinals - Jedrick Wills - OT
9 - Jaguars - Javon Kinlaw - DL
10 - Browns - Mekhi Becton - OT

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is a very realistic prediction for the first 10 picks as things currently stand

Do you see Wills as a good RT and eventually a LT. I am only asking because I do value your critique of a player, though I seem to favor Wirfs as a RT selection for a trading scenario. Really it makes no sense to harp too much on right or left because a defense moves their pass rushers around to take an advantage... again, this might just be your opinion of what the Cardinals might do and at this point if it was up to you who would you get

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If 4 QB's in the first 10 is 'very' realistic, let's see if we can drop to 11 and take Simmons.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i am pounding the table for a OT, but Simmons is a unicorn and is my pick in this situation

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know it’s been mentioned but I just don’t see the Skins taking a Qb.
I see them taking Young.
I can see the Dolphins swapping picks with Detroit and taking Tua.
The Giants take Simmons.
The Chargers take Herbert.
Panthers take Brown.

That leaves Kinlaw, the ot of our choice, Lamb or Juedy.

This of course will throw ASFN into a whirlwind as, no matter who we select, there will be raging debates until training camp.

The Giants could take an OT to protect Jones since Soder has kind of been a disaster. If that happens the Panthers may take Simmons and Brown drops to us.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Do you see Wills as a good RT and eventually a LT. I am only asking because I do value your critique of a player, though I seem to favor Wirfs as a RT selection for a trading scenario. Really it makes no sense to harp too much on right or left because a defense moves their pass rushers around to take an advantage... again, this might just be your opinion of what the Cardinals might do and at this point if it was up to you who would you get
I like Wirfs personally, but Wills is more technically sound.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I now is just your guess, but if that board plays out similarly & Simmons is available there is NO WAY the Cardinals pass on him!!! Zero chance imo. And that’s with Keim as our GM :x

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Totally agree.

IMO I’d personally have Jeudy & Ruggs higher on my board than a Lamb as well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Switch Young/Tua and that’s my top-8 prediction atm. Man not needing a QB is a great feeling.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The Cardinals usually give an idea or ideas of what positions they are looking at or will not draft.

My fearless prediction is that the Cardinals will not draft OL with the 8th pick. Resigning DJ DJ Humphries and talking up RT Murray are the indicators.

RT Murray went from liability to decent player last year. I think he can be an average starter who will have his good and bad moments.

PLUS....as an ERFA, he is extremely cheap.

I'd say that WR will be the top of their list and Jeudy and Lamb are the targets. I go with Lamb because of his friendship and connection with Murray and his ability to break tackles and make the acrobatic/contested catch.

I know Jeudy is a master technician, but building that QB/WR connection is a real big deal. Weve seen in the past where that connection is never built between two players and they fizzle out.

Murray to Lamb is the next QB/WR combo. If Butler can become the big physically imposing receiver, the Cardinals can have a killer WR corps with speed and some size.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think I'm ready to move Lamb above Jeudy..... And man...... I love me some Jeudy.

I just see more fire from CeeDee. Talent wise, they both are great...... Now I need to know who "want's it" more. That seems like CeeDee to me.

My new top picks:

Young - Wont be there
Okudah - Wont be there
Simmons - No-brainer to me.
Lamb
OT - Wont rank until I see them move at the combine.
Jeudy - May move above the OT's