English Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw a report that Man City has been banned from the Champions League for two years! WOW

We will see if it holds up. My guess is that it goes down to 1, or even gets removed completely.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Been a long time now. Starting to miss the premier league. Hoping it comes back strong when everyone gets better!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Been a long time now. Starting to miss the premier league. Hoping it comes back strong when everyone gets better!

Starting to? I've missed it for so long I no longer remember it, and have replaced it with alternate Saturday AM stuff. Which is sad, but I am desperate for it to come back. May even be under new ownership for Newcastle--we can hope and pray!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Starting to? I've missed it for so long I no longer remember it, and have replaced it with alternate Saturday AM stuff. Which is sad, but I am desperate for it to come back. May even be under new ownership for Newcastle--we can hope and pray!
Ok I'll be honest. I desperately miss it. I moved back to the states so I really miss the UK and that was one of the main connections that I had and now its gone. I guess on the positive everyone I know is in good health so that is most important. and new owner for Newcastle...that's great news if it happens. they were definitely having some positive moments this year.

and dreamcastrocks, I hope Liverpool get awarded the trophy. there was no way they were ever going to be caught from behind.

Stout

Reaction score
Ok I'll be honest. I desperately miss it. I moved back to the states so I really miss the UK and that was one of the main connections that I had and now its gone. I guess on the positive everyone I know is in good health so that is most important. and new owner for Newcastle...that's great news if it happens. they were definitely having some positive moments this year.

and dreamcastrocks, I hope Liverpool get awarded the trophy. there was no way they were ever going to be caught from behind.

I totally get that. For the first two weeks, I was beside myself.

The only way Liverpool can be recognized, IMO, is if all the results are recognized. If they cancel relegation/promotion, they can't award Liverpool the title.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally get that. For the first two weeks, I was beside myself.

The only way Liverpool can be recognized, IMO, is if all the results are recognized. If they cancel relegation/promotion, they can't award Liverpool the title.

I think they should have some sort of relegation playoff to stay up like they do to go up from the Championship. Losers go down.

Stout

Reaction score
I think they should have some sort of relegation playoff to stay up like they do to go up from the Championship. Losers go down.

But if they can gear up to do that, with all the practicing and contact that goes with it, they can play the other games, too. If they can't gear up like that, they can't play a relegation playoff. The whole situation just plain sucks :(

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But if they can gear up to do that, with all the practicing and contact that goes with it, they can play the other games, too. If they can't gear up like that, they can't play a relegation playoff. The whole situation just plain sucks :(

Maybe they can play the rest of the games.. The problem would be that this would have to postpone next year as well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well now that the Bundesliga is back on, I'm hoping that the premier league and other English leagues can restart. One of the challenges though is the geography and the financial differences between all of the clubs in the league. You guys already pointed out the problem with relegation and the championship. who gets the champions league spots? I hope they at least can play enough games to sort everything out to get back on schedule. For me the only certain thing is Liverpool. It makes too much sense to award them the trophy. No one was ever going to catch them and I think they have had such a historical campaign...it deserves recognition in spite of the situation. I'm not a Liverpool guy at all, in fact I support Tottenham, but if it were spurs (I guess one can dream), I would want to see them get the recognition that they deserve. Now if it were Arsenal circa 03, I would say don't award a trophy and cancel the season... ;)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looked like Christensen tweaked his ankle. Walking off the field on his own.

And he's back on the field

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson