With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've done a ton of mock drafts on the First Pick website and I have decided we need to focus heavily on D in FA and then go mostly O in the draft. Get a DE, ILB, and OLB for sure.

I would take Brown at 8 if he is there but I'm drafting 2 Olineman early in this draft. An OT and a C/OG are needed.

WR and DB's can be had later or not at all.

That's how I see it at this point.

It makes sense to do it this way because,

a) The defense is young and doesn't need more rookies. We have Allen, Murphy, Thompson twins etc and vet experience is more crucial on that side.

b) The draft is significantly more loaded at offensive positions. OT, WR, RB especially. There are many more quality options at offensive positions than defensive ones.

The issue with this is other teams will likely think the same, meaning those defensive FA's will be sought after and over priced.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeudy reminds me of JJ Nelson. Skinny and looks like one hit will break him.

If they do go with a WR at 8, between Jeudy and Lamb, please take Lamb!

Lamb was 1 inch taller and 5 pounds heavier. CBS on both of them said slender build. The main difference their con on Jeudy was occasional drops, on Lamb it's that he played in a conference and scheme that led to "feasts in wide open spaces" and when he was contested he occasionally struggled to get open.

They're both really good, to me the obvious difference in college is Jeudy got open, often wide open, off ability to run routes, and Lamb got open, often wide open, off speed or scheme. Lamb is better after the catch, Jeudy is better off the LOS.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably will never happen, but would you prefer the draft to take place before FA?

Yes, it just makes too much sense
Lamb was 1 inch taller and 5 pounds heavier. CBS on both of them said slender build. The main difference their con on Jeudy was occasional drops, on Lamb it's that he played in a conference and scheme that led to "feasts in wide open spaces" and when he was contested he occasionally struggled to get open.

They're both really good, to me the obvious difference in college is Jeudy got open, often wide open, off ability to run routes, and Lamb got open, often wide open, off speed or scheme. Lamb is better after the catch, Jeudy is better off the LOS.

Not even 1". Just over half an inch taller. Nothing between them a stretch and a big meal wouldn't fix.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe.

All I know is I saw Jeudy drop some contested catches and I saw Lamb make those catches.
That shouldn’t be close to the end of all.

I bet Jeudy has went against more press-coverage in 1 season than CeeDee has in 3.

I’m surprise CeeDee’s lack of reps against press-coverage really doesn’t worry you.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That shouldn’t be close to the end of all.

I bet Jeudy has went against more press-coverage in 1 season than CeeDee has in 3.

I’m surprise CeeDee’s lack of reps against press-coverage really doesn’t worry you.

That should be a concern for Jeudy as well. I read your post and went and watched a few Jeudy and Lamb highlight reels. Didnt see many real reps against press for either player.

Both OU and Alabama moved each receiver around alot.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That should be a concern for Jeudy as well. I read your post and went and watched a few Jeudy and Lamb highlight reels. Didnt see many real reps against press for either player.

Both OU and Alabama moved each receiver around alot.
No it should not....at all.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Compare to

There’s not a single clip in the vid that CeeDee is going against press. It’s legit nothing but free releases. Every time it’s almost laughable!

I bet if you watched Jeudy’s tape against any SEC team, you’ll see the CBs up on him in that 1 game than you would for CeeDee against every B12 team in a season.

There’s also a reason there’s been only been 2 B12 CBs drafted in the 1st round 7-8 years(the last one was a bust). Damn near all play off-man/zone!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Compare to

There’s not a single clip in the vid that CeeDee is going against press. It’s legit nothing but free releases. Every time it’s almost laughable!

I bet if you watched Jeudy’s tape against any SEC team, you’ll see the CBs up on him in that 1 game than you would for CeeDee against every B12 team in a season.

There’s also a reason there’s been only been 2 B12 CBs drafted in the 1st round 7-8 years(the last one was a bust). Damn near all play off-man/zone!

Spot on. The Big12 is well known for wide open zone defenses because they simply don't attract the talent to play press.

The SEC plays much more press man than the Big12.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe.

All I know is I saw Jeudy drop some contested catches and I saw Lamb make those catches.

Jeudy had 7 drops on 77 receptions in 2019. No doubt he must improve but his 2018 showed no signs of it being a consistent problem.

And again..... He has an elite skill..... Separation, suddenness, and route running.

CeeDee does have some things on his side but this offense is actually better suited for timing routes and elite level quickness.

That's all Jeudy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jeudy had 7 drops on 77 receptions in 2019. No doubt he must improve but his 2018 showed no signs of it being a consistent problem.

And again..... He has an elite skill..... Separation, suddenness, and route running.

CeeDee does have some things on his side but this offense is actually better suited for timing routes and elite level quickness.

That's all Jeudy.

If we go WR, my preference is Jeudy over Lamb. I'm still hoping that one of the following is still on the board at 8:

Brown,
Okudah
Simmons

If not, either draft Jeudy at 8, or trade into the early teens for Ruggs, Lamb, any of the O-Linemen.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Compare to

Good finds. I saw quite a bit of tape of Jeudy getting free releases. His footwork is as good as I've seen from a college player.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
One thing I haven't mentioned before is that Jeudy runs a ton of Cardinals routes.

Shallow crosses, Jet motions, out routes, bubble plays, etc. The first three plays of the tape are all Cards type plays and I think that is important. Why? Just because Lamb played in Lincoln's system doesn't mean Lamb is best suited for the role K2 may want for his #1 WR.

Jeudy is such a stud man. Such a stud.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Now after watching Lamb's video...... he's such a baller man. Swag personified. But I keep saying this...... WR's don't ever get that wide open in the NFL man! He does make some sick cuts and shrugs off tacklers a ton. So much fun to watch.

I love both..... would be fine with both and think we are heading in that direction (assuming a stud doesn't drop). Studs = Young, Okudah, Simmons

Another key point to make. Tua doesn't have nearly the arm Kyler has. So many loopy throws that Kyler would zip in there.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Now after watching Lamb's video...... he's such a baller man. Swag personified. But I keep saying this...... WR's don't ever get that wide open in the NFL man! He does make some sick cuts and shrugs off tacklers a ton. So much fun to watch.

I love both..... would be fine with both and think we are heading in that direction (assuming a stud doesn't drop). Studs = Young, Okudah, Simmons

Another key point to make. Tua doesn't have nearly the arm Kyler has. So many loopy throws that Kyler would zip in there.

This next year is going to be fun. Keep loading up Kylers weapons. Here's to hoping our sophomore receivers take another step in maturation.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that Tua is a great prospect but I would never take him . Hip injuries are not something to take lightly. Remember when he got hurt they weren’t sure he would play again.

I just don’t think it’s worth the risk. What happens when a 300 d- lineman falls on top of that hip?

if we were drafting a qb this year I would be praying we didn’t take him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I get that Tua is a great prospect but I would never take him . Hip injuries are not something to take lightly. Remember when he got hurt they weren’t sure he would play again.

I just don’t think it’s worth the risk. What happens when a 300 d- lineman falls on top of that hip?

if we were drafting a qb this year I would be praying we didn’t take him.
Scared money don't make money. Here is what I know...Dwayne Haskins ain't it and the Cardinals just made this move less shocking. Also, if I have a superstar in McLaurin, I need to get him the ball. Tua can definitely do that.

I would much rather bank my job on Tua and his hip vs Haskins and his head.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scared money don't make money. Here is what I know...Dwayne Haskins ain't it and the Cardinals just made this move less shocking. Also, if I have a superstar in McLaurin, I need to get him the ball. Tua can definitely do that.

I would much rather bank my job on Tua and his hip vs Haskins and his head.
I see your point. But they drafted their qbotf last year. Who in their right minds would draft a qb two years in a row? Oh wait....:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose