Would you sign Vontaze Burfict?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's been in the league 8 years and never injured a team mate. So how likely is it?

Pretty likely given how reckless he has been in the past.

As someone stated, he has gone after teammates in practice and has landed a hit in an actual game as well...(teammate Jessie Bates).

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Incorrect. He famously started a brawl after trying to blowout a teammate’s knees during practice... and best of all, it was a non contact drill.

He is a pile of trash.

He didn't injure Giovani though did he?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burfict should never be allowed on a field again, he should have been banned years ago. The dude is scum. IMO, the players union needs to look at their own safety and expel him.

Get out of here. You are showing your personal bias against the guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think that's not his personal bias.

We (people from Arizona) have watched Burfict since his college days. He was a hothead and a cheap shot artist at ASU before he ever came into the league. He has an extensive history in the NFL of cheap shots, starting fights, and extra contact after on teammates.

Plus....he cant cover worth a damn.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that's not his personal bias.

We (people from Arizona) have watched Burfict since his college days. He was a hothead and a cheap shot artist at ASU before he ever came into the league. He has an extensive history in the NFL of cheap shots, starting fights, and extra contact after on teammates.

Plus....he cant cover worth a damn.

Not wanting him on the Cards is MUCH different than saying he should have been kicked out of the league years ago. No one that I can remember has been kicked out of the NFL without the possibility of reinstatement.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not wanting him on the Cards is MUCH different than saying he should have been kicked out of the league years ago. No one that I can remember has been kicked out of the NFL without the possibility of reinstatement.
There's a difference between being officially banned, and just ignored by teams who won't put up with that conduct.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He should have been kicked out of the league several years and several incidents ago. That's not the same thing as saying there should be no possibility of reinstatement though. I don't think the NFL ever goes further than suspending a player "indefinitely" like they did with Rae Carruth.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No way, I am dead serious. If I were the commissioner of a league I would absolutely ban players who have, on multiple occasions, deliberately attempted to cause serious injury to other players. I have said this about other guys with a history of deliberately injuring people too. However, Burfict is probably the most prolific that I can think of.

He is a liability to the league's image, he is a liability to the safety of his fellow competitors and he has looooong since proven that he won't change.

He should be banned.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way, I am dead serious. If I were the commissioner of a league I would absolutely ban players who have, on multiple occasions, deliberately attempted to cause serious injury to other players. I have said this about other guys with a history of deliberately injuring people too. However, Burfict is probably the most prolific that I can think of.

He is a liability to the league's image, he is a liability to the safety of his fellow competitors and he has looooong since proven that he won't change.

He should be banned.

And again, I think your personal bias is affecting your decision. There is no way in hell the NFLPA would allow an absolute ban.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a difference between being officially banned, and just ignored by teams who won't put up with that conduct.

Exactly. I wouldn't mind if he is Kaepernick'd. (too soon?) Just not officially banned by the league.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And again, I think your personal bias is affecting your decision. There is no way in hell the NFLPA would allow an absolute ban.
The NFLPA should be the ones pushing for it. It’s their members careers at stake.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFLPA should be the ones pushing for it. It’s their members careers at stake.

As soon as you start attacking your own members and trying to kick them out, it sets a very bad precedent. It is pretty much why you never see that happen in professional sports.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As soon as you start attacking your own members and trying to kick them out, it sets a very bad precedent. It is pretty much why you never see that happen in professional sports.
Burfict is literally attacking his own members.

I think you’re being too literal here. Call it an indefinite suspension that never ends and it is in the union’s best interest to agree with.

He should never be on an NFL field again and it is something that should have happened years ago.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

While I agree with you I was looking at something else today and discovered that Justin Blackmon is still suspended by the NFL. His 2014 indefinite suspension was never lifted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave