Would you sign Vontaze Burfict?

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Where's a link to Burfict working out at ASU?

Last edited:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I used to want to even debate stuff like this, but there is no question he would never be signed by this team.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very proud of the almost unanimous No's in response to signing Burfict.

His skill set doesn't fill our needs and his attitude and scuminess doesn't mesh with our culture.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Burfict is more likely to injure a teammate in practice than make a positive impact over the course of the season.

Hell... freaking... no...

He's been in the league 8 years and never injured a team mate. So how likely is it?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even without the off-field issues, the nfl is moving away from players like him. He’s big and too slow to cover the middle of the field. If you thought Hicks was slow, Burfict is slower. We need a more athletic ILB to pair with Hicks IMO

Nobody is saying he's going to be a pro bowler. Is he better than Gardeck, Walker and Vallejo? Yes he is. Without a doubt.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nobody is saying he's going to be a pro bowler. Is he better than Gardeck, Walker and Vallejo? Yes he is. Without a doubt.
Yes you are correct. He is better than those guys. I would rather bring back Josh Bynes for that same price if you want to throw out names. He’s cheap and he’s better than what’s on roster, but that doesn’t mean he’s a should sign him knowing he’s one hit away from being suspended an entire season.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, you're certainly the right guy to point out flawed arguments, and if we have any doubt we should ask you.

BIM: Accept.

I don't get your point. This is a discussion board. The whole point is to have discussions. Would be pretty dull if we asked a question then just accepted all responses without debate.

Are you saying we should not discuss? I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.

Some guy said "He's more likely to injure our own players in practice" which is just silly and required a response. And I pointed out that he was better than everyone else on the roster except Hicks to which another made a valid counter argument.

I know why your here having pops, because you don't like me and like to twist the knife every opportunity, but at least be valid, don't start making stuff up for the sake of it.

If you don't like it, well you can jog on can't you? You don't have to read it.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get your point. This is a discussion board. The whole point is to have discussions. Would be pretty dull if we asked a question then just accepted all responses without debate.

Are you saying we should not discuss? I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.

Some guy said "He's more likely to injure our own players in practice" which is just silly and required a response. And I pointed out that he was better than everyone else on the roster except Hicks to which another made a valid counter argument.

I know why your here having pops, because you don't like me and like to twist the knife every opportunity, but at least be valid, don't start making stuff up for the sake of it.

If you don't like it, well you can jog on can't you? You don't have to read it.

If you're not attempting to change mind's, why do you bang on?

idée fixe!

Reactions: TRW
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you're not attempting to change mind's, why do you bang on?

idée fixe!

Because that's literally the point of this place?

I posed a question, someone posed a reply I disagreed with and I made a counter point. It's literally the basis of discussion.

Can we close this place down guys? Where's the off switch? Guernsey says we shouldn't have discussions.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need help but damn. Has it gotten this bad that we're willing to accept any old heap off the trash truck just because of a name? I haven't been impressed by his on the field play since the early Cincinnati years. I'd rather have Nigel Bradham (who flat out stole money last year btw) than Burfict.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I posed a question, someone posed a reply I disagreed with and I made a counter point. It's literally the basis of discussion.

Can we close this place down guys? Where's the off switch? Guernsey says we shouldn't have discussions.

Your brook no contradiction approach to 'discussion' invariably turns into a tedious monologue.

Carry on.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave