Who’s that bigger receiver...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have no idea what these guys could be.

As I've said before. Keesean had a better first season than Antonio Brown. I'm not saying he's going to be better than AB, just that you can never tell.

Isabella had a better 1st season than DJ Chark. Chark just had a 1000+ yard season.

Kirk's 2 years are better than Tyler Locketts first 2 years and Butler hasn't played a snap yet.

We just don't know.

Plus, if you think all those guys are failures why would you want Keim to pick another WR? His track record isn't great.
KeeSean Johnson isn’t in the same stratosphere as Antonio Brown as an athlete. Being a good route-runner is cool, but it’s only so much you can do when every CB you’ll go against is a much better athlete than you.

DJ Chark went from Blake Bortles to Gardner Minshew throwing him the ball. Kind of a big difference. Isabella also has a really small catch radius with small arms/hands that also had trouble separating in college even at the lowest level. Chark has a great frame with the athleticism to match. Isabella is at way more disadvantages than Chark is.

I’m still high on Kirk. Dude has just been unfortunate with injuries.

I’m not high on guys that struggle against separation in the BIG12/PAC12 aka Butler. I’m not counting on him to be anything more than a WR4. Hell, the same worries you have for Lamb you should be having for Butler 10x more.

I agree with you about not going for Lamb at #8, but it’s downright insanity to not go WR at least on Day 2.

Keim’s track record isn’t great when it comes to picking a lot of positions. Does that mean we should stop drafting those positions?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Still CeeDee Lamb all day everyday...

It seems I had this exact conversation with fans and friends 17 years ago

I remember in 2003 when the Cards had a reciever that won rookie of the year but still managed to have a poor season. All the fans and my friends were screaming to draft a O-Lineman or Defensive player..
However, with a WR who had won rookie of the year... Who did the Cards take with their 3rd overall pick?

Another WR, a guy named Larry Fitzgerald (And Cards fans back then remember how great fitz and Boldin were together).. Back then the Cards stated that they would draft the best player available regardless of position

IMO CeeDee Lamb will probably be the best player available
Neither Jeudy or Lamb are on that level Fitz was coming out. Also, I don't remember anyone screaming for O-Line or Defense at the time... I think the discussion was if the Raiders were going to select Fitz first, what do we do, or was there a QB worth taking... but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Neither Jeudy or Lamb are on that level Fitz was coming out. Also, I don't remember anyone screaming for O-Line or Defense at the time... I think the discussion was if the Raiders were going to select Fitz first, what do we do, or was there a QB worth taking... but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago.

I think most of the argument back then was WR or QB. That draft had Eli, Big Ben and Rivers...we could have had Rivers or Ben had we wanted.

There were even some that thought WR Roy Williams was a better prospect than Fitz.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KeeSean Johnson isn’t in the same stratosphere as Antonio Brown as an athlete. Being a good route-runner is cool, but it’s only so much you can do when every CB you’ll go against is a much better athlete than you.

DJ Chark went from Blake Bortles to Gardner Minshew throwing him the ball. Kind of a big difference. Isabella also has a really small catch radius with small arms/hands that also had trouble separating in college even at the lowest level. Chark has a great frame with the athleticism to match. Isabella is at way more disadvantages than Chark is.

I’m still high on Kirk. Dude has just been unfortunate with injuries.

I’m not high on guys that struggle against separation in the BIG12/PAC12 aka Butler. I’m not counting on him to be anything more than a WR4. Hell, the same worries you have for Lamb you should be having for Butler 10x more.

I agree with you about not going for Lamb at #8, but it’s downright insanity to not go WR at least on Day 2.

Keim’s track record isn’t great when it comes to picking a lot of positions. Does that mean we should stop drafting those positions?

No but it means Keim should stop drafting those positions. AKA why is he still here?

Drafting a day 2 receiver is writing off Isabella, Butler and Johnson right away. Probably wouldn't go down great with Kirk either.

Protect Kyler better and all the wide receivers will perform better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One player I wouldn't grumble about is Chase Claypool. Weighed in at 238 today.

He could be a Evan Engram type player. Flex TE/WR, big slot mismatch type.

He's not a type of player we have on the roster and could will the TE3/WR4 role as a rotational piece as a rookie and hopefully develop into something more.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No but it means Keim should stop drafting those positions. AKA why is he still here?

Drafting a day 2 receiver is writing off Isabella, Butler and Johnson right away. Probably wouldn't go down great with Kirk either.

Man, it’s a business. They know that. You’re acting like these dudes are in middle school. If I see a rookie coming in trying to take my spot, that just tells me I need to work harder on my craft. These are grown men, not kids.

We can protect Kyler better(aka, drafting Willis or Wirfs) while also get better WRs(aka, a 1st round talent that will slip to the 2nd like a Justin Jefferson). It’s possible to do both.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Juann Jennings- Tennessee
I was surprised I didn’t show him on my list, so I said okay. A friend sent me a note he was suspended for stepping on another player’s face. I’d say that makes him a pass
Decent late round option. Good players on lousy teams often drop.

Harry

Reaction score
A question
Why not much talks about Justin Jefferson?
JJ is not a burner and he struggles against press corners. He’s okay as a route runner, but nothing special. I listed him above as I think he fits the request and goes early second.

Harry

Reaction score
He is better. I don't understand how anyone can have Lamb #1. Jeudy is clearly the better receiver.

Scouts are divided. Dane Brugler of The Athletic has Lamb on top. Tony Pauline goes the other way. Kiper goes for Lamb. McShay thinks Jeudy. For me the familiarity Murray has with Lamb is the deciding factor. Some QB/WR combos click, others don’t. Lamb’s as close as you can get to a sure thing.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Juedy played in a loaded WR corps. Doubt if he faced double coverage much.

Lamb will not wow as a speed guy and played in that shadow defense league.

I like Higgins over these 2. Considering how quickly Deebo adapted to NFL out of the same system, that could be an indicator for Higgins to do the same. The Clemson offense seems to be a better producer of NFL individuals, as much as the defensive side. Clemson has churned out better NFL players than Alabama.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A question
Why not much talks about Justin Jefferson?
because before the N C game the national audience didn't know who he was. SEC fans sure as Hell did. Maybe because Burrow and Joe Brady made it look so easy. Imagine grabbing him in 2nd round.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Juedy played in a loaded WR corps. Doubt if he faced double coverage much.

Lamb will not wow as a speed guy and played in that shadow defense league.

I like Higgins over these 2. Considering how quickly Deebo adapted to NFL out of the same system, that could be an indicator for Higgins to do the same. The Clemson offense seems to be a better producer of NFL individuals, as much as the defensive side. Clemson has churned out better NFL players than Alabama.
I would agree if Higgins & Deebo were in the same galaxy as far as having similar traits.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
because before the N C game the national audience didn't know who he was. SEC fans sure as Hell did. Maybe because Burrow and Joe Brady made it look so easy. Imagine grabbing him in 2nd round.
Jefferson had a 5 TD game the game prior. Lol, I find it hard to believe the national audience didn’t know who he was.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notable wide receiver measurements
PLAYER HEIGHT WEIGHT (LBS) ARM LENGTH WINGSPAN
Brandon Aiyuk 5-11 5/8 205 33 4/8" 80"
KJ Hamler 5-8 5/8 178 30 6/8" 72 4/8"
Tee Higgins 6-3 5/8 216 34 1/8" 81"
Justin Jefferson 6-1 2/8 202 33" 78"
Jerry Jeudy 6-1 193 32 1/8" 76"
CeeDee Lamb 6-1 5/8 198 32 2/8" 76 5/8"
Henry Ruggs III 5-11 188 30 4/8" 74 4/8"
Laviska Shenault Jr. 6-0 5/8 227 31 7/8" 76 2/8"
Denzel Mims 6-2 7/8 207 33 7/8" 78 4/8"
Donovan Peoples-Jones 6-1 5/8 212 33 4/8" 79 2/8"
Michael Pittman 6-4 223 32 4/8" 79 2/8"
Jalen Reagor 5-10 5/8 206 31 3/8" 74 3/8"
WR winners
Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State. Aiyuk is one of the smaller receivers in the group listed above but his wingspan was off the charts for his size. He is such an explosive player and his length obviously benefits him.

Tee Higgins, Clemson. Higgins is one of the bigger wide receivers, but he is not the biggest. His 81-inch wingspan is impressive. It is one reason why he is so comfortable winning down the field.

Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan. Peoples-Jones is a player who could really improve his stock this week. He is incredibly long and his wingspan is impressive for someone of his size. He should run well later this week as well.

WR losers
Jerry Jeudy, Alabama. Jeudy should run well later this week, but his measurables were probably the least impressive of the group mentioned above. The Crimson Tide talent uses his footwork and technique downfield to mask any potential deficiencies in comparison to his competition.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ntinue-for-cole-kmet-as-wrs-tes-get-measured/

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said system. Did not say they were same player.
They go hand & hand. Expecting Higgins to come in & produce like Deebo did is kind of wild. Especially considering what OC he’ll go to.

Clemson has a lot of offensive firepower just like Bama does, too. All the while going against much, much weaker competition.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Writing off 4th and 6th round picks happens all the time though.

You dont consider 6th round picks when constructing a roster. If they make it, that's a good story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose