Sweezy, Shipley make FO's All NFC-West Team

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Or did AQ win by default? The other 3 starting C's went down with season ending injuries in 2019:

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or did AQ win by default? The other 3 starting C's went down with season ending injuries in 2019:

Yes exactly, plus none of them were great when they were healthy. Richburg should have won it though. He was the best of the bunch.

I don't know what FO's criteria was but I assume he won it because he wasn't that much worse and he was the only one to play a full season. He still sucks though. Bottom 5 C in the league for sure.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pretty ffair assessments, if you read it:

OT: Mike McGlinchey, SF
OT: Andrew Whitworth, LAR
OG: Laken Tomlinson, SF
OG: J.R. Sweezy, ARI
C: A.Q. Shipley, ARI

Injuries played a key role in the NFC West lines, with Joe Staley's knocks keeping him off the team. It could be argued that the other Niners tackle, McGlinchey, also should be penalized for missing four games, with D.J. Humphries getting the nod over him. But Double-M was studly in the potent San Fran attack and his absence was keenly felt -- not to mention his team was excellent and the Cards, not so much. Still, the line play in the desert was far better than the 2018 disaster, with the "initials" duo of Sweezy and Shipley making the All-Div squad.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am a big Netane Muti stan but his injury concerns on this line would be scary.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fireplug Shipley was still the worst C in the division imo.

I think it’s a major mistake to resign him. Move on

Shipley is horrible. He absolutely, positively needs to be replaced. Kugler did a great job last year with the OL, but we're kidding ourselves if we think we can stand pat. If not for KM's ability to escape, things would have been much, much uglier. Once KM learned after the 1st month how to throw the ball away, most of his sacks were him scrambling & then sliding a yard or two behind the LOS. Granted, that's a sack, but I'll take them over him taking a hit EVERY single time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA