Would you trade for Stefon Diggs?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man, if you guys think I'm pessimistic now, just wait until Keim and Kliff come out and proclaim a 6th round pick that has never taken a snap the starter. And yes, I am aware it happens sometimes, but... woof. Oh, and bringing back the same OL. I would also laugh at it.

We'll see where it goes. No reason to panic about the OL until the end of April.

Posts like this just cement the fact that you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

@Chopper0080 already showed you how the Cardinals can EASILY resign all of their free agents AND have money to spend. If they rework a contract or two, they can eke out another 8-11 million.

I'm more concerned about the Cardinals developing quality depth so that they dont have to drop another 9 million on a free agent guard. That's the kind of things that have really hurt this team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler saved them in pass pro. They just don't pass the eye test for me. Looked about as bad as Rosen had, but Kyler has wheels.

I'm K1 fanboy #1, but I will be the first to say Kyler caused at least a dozen sacks himself, especially early in the year.

I remember one particular sack against the Lions where he was sacked by Devon Kennard on the sideline and had a clear lane to throw the ball away. He must've had 8 or 9 sacks very similar to that. Because he looks to escape to the sidelines so often, there were others where he ran into sacks that he could have avoided by stepping up in the pocket.

His pocket presence sucked at times, but pretty much every rook sucks at that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Posts like this just cement the fact that you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

@Chopper0080 already showed you how the Cardinals can EASILY resign all of their free agents AND have money to spend. If they rework a contract or two, they can eke out another 8-11 million.

I'm more concerned about the Cardinals developing quality depth so that they dont have to drop another 9 million on a free agent guard. That's the kind of things that have really hurt this team.
Chopper didn't show me that at all. He acknowledged things would be tight after doing nothing but re-signing our own free agents that went 5-11-1 last year, but not resolving the huge, gaping holes we have on our roster without guys we're bringing back. Unless of course, you think Rodney Gunter is the solution to our DL woes.

He mentioned restructuring a bunch of guys to clear up cap space, which like I said, kicks the can down the road in terms of dead money, and also takes two to tango to come to an agreement. To even extend PP21, you have to be sure he actually still wants to play here, for one. Same with Chandler Jones. Does he want to extend his contract, or have a chance to play for a contender in 2022?

All of this to give away a high pick for a player that's eclipsed 1,000 yards two times in his five year career.

I'm K1 fanboy #1, but I will be the first to say Kyler caused at least a dozen sacks himself, especially early in the year.

I remember one particular sack against the Lions where he was sacked by Devon Kennard on the sideline and had a clear lane to throw the ball away. He must've had 8 or 9 sacks very similar to that. Because he looks to escape to the sidelines so often, there were others where he ran into sacks that he could have avoided by stepping up in the pocket.

His pocket presence sucked at times, but pretty much every rook sucks at that.
He caused some, but he saved plenty. If you really think he didn't save that line from many sacks, you need to go back and watch the tape.

As of mid-November, Kyler Murray was the toughest QB to sack in the NFL.
https://arizonasports.com/story/2156492/kyler-murray-is-the-toughest-quarterback-to-sack-in-the-nfl/

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Chopper didn't show me that at all. He acknowledged things would be tight after doing nothing but re-signing our own free agents that went 5-11-1 last year, but not resolving the huge, gaping holes we have on our roster without guys we're bringing back. Unless of course, you think Rodney Gunter is the solution to our DL woes.

He mentioned restructuring a bunch of guys to clear up cap space, which like I said, kicks the can down the road in terms of dead money, and also takes two to tango to come to an agreement. To even extend PP21, you have to be sure he actually still wants to play here, for one. Same with Chandler Jones. Does he want to extend his contract, or have a chance to play for a contender in 2022?

All of this to give away a high pick for a player that's eclipsed 1,000 yards two times in his five year career.

He caused some, but he saved plenty. If you really think he didn't save that line from many sacks, you need to go back and watch the tape.

As of mid-November, Kyler Murray was the toughest QB to sack in the NFL.
https://arizonasports.com/story/2156492/kyler-murray-is-the-toughest-quarterback-to-sack-in-the-nfl/

All of which Keim knows better than all of us, so there is no use for us to argue about conjecture of a guy wanting to sign or not when ones opinion opposite of another on intent holds the same credence as a fan if you are looking for second hand proof

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
All of which Keim knows better than all of us, so there is no use for us to argue about conjecture of a guy wanting to sign or not when ones opinion opposite of another on intent holds the same credence as a fan if you are looking for second hand proof
The entire point of asking a question like this is to provide conjecture and think out the season.

Of course Keim gets to figure this out. All we can do is ask the questions and talk it out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’d imagine the Vikings would try to swap 1st’s to move up. The furthest I’d go our 2nd or swap of 2nd’s plus a 3rd.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m game, name me five players who were in their prime that moved to another team and performed as poorly as Bryant Johnson.

Again, you are getting caught up on Bryant Johnson when that wasn't my point. There are good players that go to new teams and don't perform to nearly what the did prior or what they are capable of.

Here are a some that fit that category.

Antonio Brown
Kenny Britt
Terrell Pryor
NNandi Asomugha
Jeff Garcia
Adam Archuleta
Ahman Green
DeMarco Murray

and those are off of the top of my head.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
This year's draft is loaded with WRs....can't see giving a first this year or next for Stefon Diggs. I'd rather fill other needs and see if some of our younger guys can develop at WR....we've sure drafted enough of them. I'd want to know what KM thinks of him before any trade would be made.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again, you are getting caught up on Bryant Johnson when that wasn't my point. There are good players that go to new teams and don't perform to nearly what the did prior or what they are capable of.

Here are a some that fit that category.

Antonio Brown
Kenny Britt
Terrell Pryor
NNandi Asomugha
Jeff Garcia
Adam Archuleta
Ahman Green
DeMarco Murray

and those are off of the top of my head.
Antonio Brown - didn’t become a bad player, instability finally whacked him
Kenny Britt - come on he never really had a prime, didn’t reach 1,000 yards until his ninth season and that was it
Terrell Pryor - that’s a joke right? A single thousand yard season and not another one eclipsing 253 yards.
NNandi Asomugha - moves at age 30 and was still a top performer before abruptly ending his career
Jeff Garcia - dude entered the league at age 29 of course he was going to eventually fail
Adam Archuleta - this may be the closest you got which is an outlier
Ahman Green - dB changing teams at age 30, NEXT!
DeMarco Murray - he actually played pretty well with all three squads albeit fir brief periods. But that’s why rbs with mileage don’t get big contracts.

Overall I think you came up with only one slightly relevant example.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antonio Brown - didn’t become a bad player, instability finally whacked him
Kenny Britt - come on he never really had a prime, didn’t reach 1,000 yards until his ninth season and that was it
Terrell Pryor - that’s a joke right? A single thousand yard season and not another one eclipsing 253 yards.
NNandi Asomugha - moves at age 30 and was still a top performer before abruptly ending his career
Jeff Garcia - dude entered the league at age 29 of course he was going to eventually fail
Adam Archuleta - this may be the closest you got which is an outlier
Ahman Green - dB changing teams at age 30, NEXT!
DeMarco Murray - he actually played pretty well with all three squads albeit fir brief periods. But that’s why rbs with mileage don’t get big contracts.

Overall I think you came up with only one slightly relevant example.

If you say so.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just my opinion.

Everyone should really know that everything on here is just an opinion. Some people seem to get their panties in a twist. It's all just opinion, there are no ex players or NFL GM's here as far as I know.

If you can't have an opinion that you can defend there's not much point having it in the first place. The whole point of places like this is to hear others and see different perspectives. Maybe learn something.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good deal for both sides.

It just looks a lot worse because O Brien is an idi....wait a minute, he’s a genius & should be treated as such.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Diggs/Brown is a solid duo

Josh Allen is on the clock. Time to find out if he's the next Carson Wentz or a bigger Mitch Trubisky.