Would you trade for Stefon Diggs?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For a start you don't have to draft a WR at 8. So you can use that for a DT or DE which saves you signing one in FA.

The extra money is only 6m. The difference between CeeDee at 8 and Diggs.
$6m is a starter on the defense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Or a top 10 WR and guaranteed 1000+ yards.

I know which is better value.
Doesn't matter if you get 1,000 yards when Michael Dogbe, a 7th round pick, is getting blown off the ball and the teams in your division are running up the score on you. Or when Kyler's getting blocked for by the likes of Mason Cole and another street free agent and can't get the ball out.

This isn't NFL Blitz.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you get 1,000 yards when Michael Dogbe, a 7th round pick, is getting blown off the ball and the teams in your division are running up the score on you. Or when Kyler's getting blocked for by the likes of Mason Cole and another street free agent and can't get the ball out.

This isn't NFL Blitz.

If we aren't drafting CeeDee we can take Brown or Kinlaw. Or a host of guys in round 2.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We don't know that a top 10 WR is a guaranteed 1000+ yards, just like we wouldn't have known if a top 10 OT would have come in and done and better job than Humphries.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we aren't drafting CeeDee we can take Brown or Kinlaw. Or a host of guys in round 2.
There's a host of defensive guys that have a possibility to be available at #8, and we can address a big WR in the 2nd or 3rd. Again, we keep seeming to avoid this, but we don't have starters at:

C, RT, DE (x2), ILB, OLB, K. Most of these don't have backups or a warm body to play the spot. That's an average of $4.2m per player left at roughly $30m without Diggs, and without Kenyan Drake.

I understand wanting production, but when the rest of the team around you is to the point where they're literally unwanted by the rest of the league, 1,000 yards isn't going to matter.

You're a self-proclaimed realist, so I don't know why you're thinking football can be won with 7/24 (adding a spot for K and P) starters at well-below-average levels.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
NFL Blitz on the N64 may be my favorite football game since John Elway's QB.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't know that a top 10 WR is a guaranteed 1000+ yards, just like we wouldn't have known if a top 10 OT would have come in and done and better job than Humphries.

I meant top 10 NFL WR in Diggs.

Hell yeah a rookie WR won't get 1000 yards. That's rare as rocking horse crap.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I meant top 10 NFL WR in Diggs.

Hell yeah a rookie WR won't get 1000 yards. That's rare as rocking horse crap.
I don't think DCRocks was implying a rookie will struggle to get 1,000, I think he's saying we have no guarantee Diggs will get 1,000.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He’s not a #1 and pouts when he doesn’t get fed. Any first rd pick is out of the question. Something like a 2nd rd swap plus a 3rd would be interesting.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I am not saying Diggs isn't good. But top 10? Hell no.

The dude has played 5 seasons and he has never been in the top 10 in receptions, yards or TDs.

He is a quality player but not a star.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Hell yeah!

Diggs in this offense? Wow.

He is held back by the running game heavy Vikings.

I will say it again...if you get Diggs and Calais this team makes the playoffs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks adding Diggs is a bad thing or limits the team is any way is undervaluing him as a player.
It's not just "adding Diggs," it's sacrificing a high draft pick to pay a guy a lot of money who is frequently a malcontent and throws tantrums on the sideline.

On a roster that could now be starting Mason Cole and God knows what at RT, especially with a Diggs acquisition, and have Kyler running for his life, do you think Diggs is going to be pleasant to be around when he's not getting the ball because KM can't run a single designed play?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's not just "adding Diggs," it's sacrificing a high draft pick to pay a guy a lot of money who is frequently a malcontent and throws tantrums on the sideline.

On a roster that could now be starting Mason Cole and God knows what at RT, especially with a Diggs acquisition, and have Kyler running for his life, do you think Diggs is going to be pleasant to be around when he's not getting the ball because KM can't run a single designed play?

Justin Murray who was a passable starter at RT is an ERFA. Now that the histrionics have been addressed, the Cardinals would be ecstatic and so would the fan base, if they could add a player in the second round who was 3/4s as good as Diggs.

Yeah that Chandler Jones trade sucked!

The Cardinals first priority should be to protect Murray and to provide him weapons.

What if they traded their 2nd rounder for Diggs and drafted Derrick Brown at #8?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Justin Murray who was a passable starter at RT is an ERFA. Now that the histrionics have been addressed, the Cardinals would be ecstatic and so would the fan base, if they could add a player in the second round who was 3/4s as good as Diggs.

Yeah that Chandler Jones trade sucked!

The Cardinals first priority should be to protect Murray and to provide him weapons.

What if they traded their 2nd rounder for Diggs and drafted Derrick Brown at #8?
Justin Murray is a street free agent. I can't believe you want to count on him. He should be nothing but a backup. But fine, whatever, we still have to pay him.

Chandler Jones does not at all equate in this situation. Jones was brought to a team who needed one more piece and had a roster as deep as any in the NFL. It made sense, and if we had a team that had enough players to field a roster, much less players to start at all, I would agree with bringing in Diggs.

But as has been pointed out, there's a $6M difference between Diggs and the #8 pick. A wildly bigger difference between the 2nd rounder and Diggs. You're talking about enough money to sign 3-4 players in that difference. So, Diggs better play so great that we're okay with street free agents and week 1 cuts starting at 3-4 positions or filling out our roster to be worth it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This isn't NFL Blitz.
I find it fascinating that seemingly every time anyone wants to spend the cap space on a player you complain that it takes away from spending at another position. Yes, that’s the scenario where you have multiple needs and limited space. But the money has to be spent somewhere on someone. It’s just determining what’s the best use of dollars.

also, solar aren’t you the one who keeps arguing they have to start players they drafted instead of constantly replacing them, but then you denigrate using Cole instead of signing someone else.

I don’t get your mindset sometimes man.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I find it fascinating that seemingly every time anyone wants to spend the cap space on a player you complain that it takes away from spending at another position. Yes, that’s the scenario where you have multiple needs and limited space. But the money has to be spent somewhere on someone. It’s just determining what’s the best use of dollars.

also, solar aren’t you the one who keeps arguing they have to start players they drafted instead of constantly replacing them, but then you denigrate using Cole instead of signing someone else.

Every time someone wants to spend the cap space on a player where it's just upgrading a spot with an adequate player or significant amount of invested capital already, I complain.

Find me a single post where I complain about bringing in a new RT, OLB, ILB, or DL. Not even C. Unless I was on acid that night, I don't think you'll find one.

As far as my mindset about Cole, I really wanted him to start over AQ Shipley last year. I feel like starting 16 games as a rookie and then not being able to beat the old guy is a pretty bad indictment though, and he's since had his position essentially switched. But the fact that the team didn't trust him last year doesn't make me trust him much now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gotta agree. I used to stick up for Solar when i think the Murrites were going overboard, but there seems to literally be no solution that works for him, in any way shape or form and he consistently contradicts himself.

and remember, this is me and Ouchie, the OG Lords of the Darkside saying this about someone going doom and gloom.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose