OT: Greg Robinson draft bust gets busted

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Madness got him. He played like he was high every game. Now he gets to tell his cell mate about his glory days for a few years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dumb decision, but also ridiculous in a country where weed is legal and a multi-million dollar business for 11 states in the country, and decriminalized at the very least in nearly half.

"Possession with intent to distribute" is also ridiculously defined. What if he was just throwing a party? Or a heavy smoker? Nonsensical, and will probably ruin his career and put him in prison for something that will be completely legal in a few years.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb decision, but also ridiculous in a country where weed is legal and a multi-million dollar business for 11 states in the country, and decriminalized at the very least in nearly half.

"Possession with intent to distribute" is also ridiculously defined. What if he was just throwing a party? Or a heavy smoker? Nonsensical, and will probably ruin his career and put him in prison for something that will be completely legal in a few years.

His 157 lbs just blew your last paragraph out of the water lol

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Hahahahaha 157 lbs???? Heavy smoker indeed. Personally I don’t care if someone has that much. The “heavy smoker” just made me laugh.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't know what the threshold is anymore but when I worked a drug dog on the southern border that amount of weed would not have got you prosecuted. I think our threshold back then was 200+ lbs, different for hard narcotics of course. You'd get your vehicle seized, be issued a penalty and if you were an alien you'd be processed for removal but rarely was anyone prosecuted, there just weren't enough AUSA's to handle all those cases, but who knows what their case loads are like now. With it being in California he won't get turned over to the locals as they wouldn't accept a pot case now either. They may go to trial if they consider it "high profile" but I'd be surprised if he saw any significant jail time in the end.

Still dumb decision on his part, what is a millionaire doing running his own loads?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Still dumb decision on his part, what is a millionaire doing running his own loads?

Totally agree. How much did he just lose in NFL money vs how much he would have made doing that?

Plus (as you said)...he couldn't pay someone to do that instead of him being there? WTF did he expect?

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same guy who has led the league in false starts. Sorta fits. Short term memory loss.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Also, I do want to say that I still stand by the argument that I think it's dumb this guy is looking at 10 years or whatever for something that will be legal in short order.

If I tried to smuggle 157 lbs of Tecate over the border to avoid paying some taxes, I don't think anything else would happen besides a slap on the wrist. I see this as the same basic thing. Heck, I have a buddy who brought back a full barrel of tequila.

Dumb with everything he has on the line.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I do want to say that I still stand by the argument that I think it's dumb this guy is looking at 10 years or whatever for something that will be legal in short order.
Agreed!

If I tried to smuggle 157 lbs of Tecate over the border to avoid paying some taxes, I don't think anything else would happen besides a slap on the wrist.

OK well 157 lbs of beer isn't exactly an apples-to-apples comparison. A quick internet search shows me that the amount of marijuana he smuggled has a street value of about 3/4 of a million dollars. You'd get more than a slap on the wrist for bringing in that much Tecate without paying taxes on it!

...dbs

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Agreed!

OK well 157 lbs of beer isn't exactly an apples-to-apples comparison. A quick internet search shows me that the amount of marijuana he smuggled has a street value of about 3/4 of a million dollars. You'd get more than a slap on the wrist for bringing in that much Tecate without paying taxes on it!

...dbs
Marijuana wouldn't have a street value of 3/4ths of a million if it was federally legal, though. It'd probably cost as much as Tecate.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marijuana wouldn't have a street value of 3/4ths of a million if it was federally legal, though. It'd probably cost as much as Tecate.
It will cost more once the taxes are levied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA