Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantasy Island

Release Date: February 14, 2020
Studio: Blumhouse, Sony
Director: Jeff Wadlow
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence, terror, drug content, suggestive material and brief strong language)
Screenwriters: Jeff Wadlow, Chris Roach, Jillian Jacobs
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Adventure

Starring: Michael Pena, Jimmy O. Yang, Dave Bautista, Lucy Hale

Plot Summary: The enigmatic Mr. Roarke makes the secret dreams of his lucky guests come true at a luxurious but remote tropical resort. But when the fantasies turn into nightmares, the guests have to solve the island's mystery in order to escape with their lives.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Are you writing it off because of the trailer, the cast or perhaps because it appears to be a bastardization of a TV show you're fond of or is there some other reason?

Personally, I'm intrigued although it's probably not much different than the recent Escape Room which failed to meet our expectations. For us, though, it will depend on the mix of action/adventure, mystery and horror. If it's heavily slanted towards horror, we won't like it. And if it had been a simple adaptation of Fantasy Island, we wouldn't have even considered it as that was not our kind of show.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you writing it off because of the trailer, the cast or perhaps because it appears to be a bastardization of a TV show you're fond of or is there some other reason?

Personally, I'm intrigued although it's probably not much different than the recent Escape Room which failed to meet our expectations. For us, though, it will depend on the mix of action/adventure, mystery and horror. If it's heavily slanted towards horror, we won't like it. And if it had been a simple adaptation of Fantasy Island, we wouldn't have even considered it as that was not our kind of show.

A little from category one and a lot from category two. I loved FI as a kid.

I'll await your review. :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother went to see this. I asked him for his review. He said "Two words. Complete trash". Yikes!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson