With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish we can draft Simmons, but I'm pretty sure after a stellar combine performance he will be the third or second pick of the draft

One between Wirf, Willis, Okudah, Lamb should be there at 8

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They seemed cool at OU. However, I know he'd get frustrated at times when Kyler would miss an easy throw to him. Then again that was just a few times because more times than not Lamb would make a spectacular catch on a poorly thrown pass.

Kyler wanted Cody Ford at the top of the 2nd round (obviously before he proved anything)

However, word is Keim favors Jeudy over Lamb. So if both are available I think they go Jeudy.
You may prefer Lamb cause I assume you're a Sooner fan lol? He's good don't get me wrong but if we're gonna take a WR at #8 I prefer Jeudy. I'm biased of course being an SEC fan. I just look at the better defenses Jeudy faced in the SEC with the numbers he put up, compared to the lack of defense Lamb faced in the Big 12. But what do I know lol? Lamb could possibly end up being better? It's a crap shoot either way no matter who we draft. We have no way of knowing about any player until they go up against NFL competition. Just like the OT's. Thomas, Wirfs, Wills & Becton.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why did Cooper fail? He certainly was very talented.

I think he failed because of his injury and his lack of passion. If you are just good at football and you dont love the game, coming back from an injury that severe is tough to ever fully come back from.

I think if Cooper hadn't been injured, he'd probably have worked out.
From what I read about Cooper, he was the best Guard in that draft. Said his strength was blocking as a pulling Guard. At that time I was thinking he was going to be the start of something good for our OL. Obviously it didn't end like that. Worked out getting CJ though.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I just can't fathom taking Okudah as a step in making this team more prepared to win anytime soon, unless we're gonna be back in the game of trading away high draft picks/burying them as a third option again. Consistently replacing players is just spinning our wheels.

Not to mention, the best secondary in the world is going to fight a losing battle if our pass rush consists of Zach Allen, Michael Dogbe, Haason Reddick, and everyone double teaming Chandler Jones.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I just can't fathom taking Okudah as a step in making this team more prepared to win anytime soon, unless we're gonna be back in the game of trading away high draft picks/burying them as a third option again. Consistently replacing players is just spinning our wheels.

Not to mention, the best secondary in the world is going to fight a losing battle if our pass rush consists of Zach Allen, Michael Dogbe, Haason Reddick, and everyone double teaming Chandler Jones.
It is a symbiotic relationship. Adding a top player at either spot is going to benefit the other. The best argument you could make against adding Okudah is that Vance Joseph used a 3rd CB only around 50% of defensive snaps in 2019. He used 3 LBs significantly more.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It is a symbiotic relationship. Adding a top player at either spot is going to benefit the other. The best argument you could make against adding Okudah is that Vance Joseph used a 3rd CB only around 50% of defensive snaps in 2019. He used 3 LBs significantly more.
My point is, if we draft Okudah, Keim blew the 1st pick of the second round last year on a 3rd/4th string player. we've gotta get young talent on the field if we're ever going to do something. Drafting Okudah would guarantee that Keim drafted one or less starters each in the past four drafts.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

in todays NFL, having a defensive backfield that can cover is as important as pass rush. I think Football Outsiders claims its more important.

If Okudah fell - you take him and don't think twice about it -- other than to enjoy the fact that you have four solid CBs on the roster -- two of which are young, cheap and under control for the next four years

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
in todays NFL, having a defensive backfield that can cover is as important as pass rush. I think Football Outsiders claims its more important.

If Okudah fell - you take him and don't think twice about it -- other than to enjoy the fact that you have four solid CBs on the roster -- two of which are young, cheap and under control for the next four years
Again, disagreed. Especially in a division full of running teams that can blow us off the ball. Coverage means nothing when we can't stop anyone up front.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My point is, if we draft Okudah, Keim blew the 1st pick of the second round last year on a 3rd/4th string player. we've gotta get young talent on the field if we're ever going to do something. Drafting Okudah would guarantee that Keim drafted one or less starters each in the past four drafts.

Haha you said he blew a pick on Murphy.

That would be true if this were 1984, but teams regularly are using day one or day two picks on their nickelback. There are teams that lineup their best corner at the nickel.

I think you search for reasons to malign anything this team does.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

But that could be more a function of getting his best players on the field.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Haha you said he blew a pick on Murphy.

That would be true if this were 1984, but teams regularly are using day one or day two picks on their nickelback. There are teams that lineup their best corner at the nickel.

I think you search for reasons to malign anything this team does.
I don't think he has blown a pick on Murphy yet. But I AM saying that a constant redraft of the same position in the picks of the draft and limiting your players' time on the field does nothing to help us grow young talent, a spot where we're hugely deficient. Rosen - Murray. Kirk - Isabella. This would be Murphy - Okudah. Every time you draft the position the next same year in the top two, the more you are losing out on talent at other positions, which is why close to half of our defense right now doesn't even have a starter on the roster.

I don't need to search for reasons to malign the team, we haven't had a winning season in what's coming up on half a decade. I think you're searching for reasons to delude yourself into thinking everything is fine.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think he has blown a pick on Murphy yet. But I AM saying that a constant redraft of the same position in the picks of the draft and limiting your players' time on the field does nothing to help us grow young talent, a spot where we're hugely deficient. Rosen - Murray. Kirk - Isabella. This would be Murphy - Okudah. Every time you draft the position the next same year in the top two, the more you are losing out on talent at other positions, which is why close to half of our defense right now doesn't even have a starter on the roster.

I don't need to search for reasons to malign the team, we haven't had a winning season in what's coming up on half a decade. I think you're searching for reasons to delude yourself into thinking everything is fine.

It isnt a redraft. If the Cardinals drafted Okudah, they could trot out Peterson, Okudah, and Murphy most of the time.

You do realize that teams have more than one Wide Receiver on the field most of the time?

LOL I'm not deluded. I've watched this team for almost three decades now. They are a losing football team. They do have a chance to turn things around fairly quickly if they have a strong offseason. I've never said anything different.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It isnt a redraft. If the Cardinals drafted Okudah, they could trot out Peterson, Okudah, and Murphy most of the time.

You do realize that teams have more than one Wide Receiver on the field most of the time?

LOL I'm not deluded. I've watched this team for almost three decades now. They are a losing football team. They do have a chance to turn things around fairly quickly if they have a strong offseason. I've never said anything different.
Again, trotting out those three means nothing to me when two of the teams in our division that just went to the playoffs/Super Bowl just were in the top 5 in rushing in the league.

We have Peterson, Alford, and Murphy. Okudah is a luxury pick, one we can't afford.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
But that could be more a function of getting his best players on the field.
Yeah...we can't really know for sure. I do know that in Denver he was in the bottom of the league in sub package defenses. I think I referenced it when we hired him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, trotting out those three means nothing to me when two of the teams in our division that just went to the playoffs/Super Bowl just were in the top 5 in rushing in the league.

We have Peterson, Alford, and Murphy. Okudah is a luxury pick, one we can't afford.
I just don’t understand why you keep mentioning Alford like he’s good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson