PAC12 loses coach to MSU

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Larry Scott's fault. His terrible vision with the PAC12 Network, terrible scheduling agreement with ESPN and Fox (late, late games, etc), insane cost for having the PAC12 office in San Fran, failure to include athletic director's in decision making, appointing someone for football oversight who doesn't really know the ins and outs out football logistics, and his insanely high ego have all hindered the PAC12's perception.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Larry Scott's fault. His terrible vision with the PAC12 Network, terrible scheduling agreement with ESPN and Fox (late, late games, etc), insane cost for having the PAC12 office in San Fran, failure to include athletic director's in decision making, appointing someone for football oversight who doesn't really know the ins and outs out football logistics, and his insanely high ego have all hindered the PAC12's perception.

I think that might be an understatement. He's damaged the perception of the Pac 12 amongst the average fan but I believe he's actually doomed the conference. Even firing him right now won't undo the incredible damage he's done to the league in every way, especially financially. I don't know how contractually committed they are but I expect to see Colorado and/or Utah leave first prompting a mass exodus sometime in the next 5 years or so.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that might be an understatement. He's damaged the perception of the Pac 12 amongst the average fan but I believe he's actually doomed the conference. Even firing him right now won't undo the incredible damage he's done to the league in every way, especially financially. I don't know how contractually committed they are but I expect to see Colorado and/or Utah leave first prompting a mass exodus sometime in the next 5 years or so.

And what better conference is going to take Utah and Colorado?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4735090002

Is the PAC teetering on the brink of no longer being considered a Power 5 conference?
Yes. Probably close to already there to be honest if you exclude the Olympic sports. And it will get worse come when the contracts are renewed assuming USC Football is still hobbling along. No other programs moves the needles enough to get the networks to empty their pockets.

Don't forget chartering jets around the country. And to be totally fair - the culture out west does play a role here too. College sports are secondary to pro sports in all the biggest markets by a large margin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose