This is a difficult draft

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome to having "my" syndrome. It's a syndrome of saying "well, history shows X, so I'm going to keep believing X until given a reason not to."

That's made people really hate me for the past year or so.

Don't get too sensitive
nobody hates u here
History say we are fans of a unsuccessful franchise, but we keep supporting cause we hope something will change
If there isn't any hope why still support this team?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Don't get too sensitive
nobody hates u here
History say we are fans of a unsuccessful franchise, but we keep supporting cause we hope something will change
If there isn't any hope why still support this team?
For me, the hope comes when Keim gets fired at some point. If I see the changes or lack of changes as poor, I'll call them out. It's all I can do besides not buying tickets, which I'm currently not.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A few weeks back, I had said that I had reservations about drafting Brown. Mainly because I hadn't looked at him enough & drafting DLinemen early always makes me nervous. I've done my homework on this guy & really, really like him. This kid brings the entire package & I believe he's the best player in this draft. I'd be shocked if he were there, but he would be my pick at 8. If not, I'd be thrilled with Simmons or Okudah. Now, if Brown, Simmons & Okudah are gone, then I'd take Jeudy or Lamb. Every name that I've mentioned is a difference maker. I wouldn't take an OLinemen here & I wouldn't trade down either.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No I'm suffering "I've lived through everyone of Steve Keim's drafts" syndrome and they all generally suck huge balls.

DJ is what? The 3rd guy ever signed to a 2nd contract and the only 1st rounder? 4th I guess if you count Gunter who couldn't find another team.

Experience says whatever way we go it will prove to be the wrong way.

Hell I'm just looking at our 2017 draft, we took 7 players and only one is left on the roster and that's Reddick. Our whole '17 draft is a washout after only 3 seasons.

You have not suffered. I have been a Cardinal fan since 1975 which a promising team winning the division dismantle into years of mediocrity and you and Solar are taking a melodramatic nosedive with far less disappointment... child please lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have not suffered. I have been a Cardinal fan since 1975 which a promising team winning the division dismantle into years of mediocrity and you and Solar are taking a melodramatic nosedive with far less disappointment... child please lol

It's not a competition :) but you have my commiserations.

I'm also not a debbie downer but I'm not going to run around farting rainbows and saying everything is great after 23 wins in 4 years. Enough bad drafts to fill a lifetime. And bad roster with an underwhelming amount of cap space to fix it.

I'm a realist. I don't believe Keim has what it takes to turn it around.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A few weeks back, I had said that I had reservations about drafting Brown. Mainly because I hadn't looked at him enough & drafting DLinemen early always makes me nervous. I've done my homework on this guy & really, really like him. This kid brings the entire package & I believe he's the best player in this draft. I'd be shocked if he were there, but he would be my pick at 8. If not, I'd be thrilled with Simmons or Okudah. Now, if Brown, Simmons & Okudah are gone, then I'd take Jeudy or Lamb. Every name that I've mentioned is a difference maker. I wouldn't take an OLinemen here & I wouldn't trade down either.
Glad you did your homework on Brown after I told you to just watch his tape against Alabama. Now you see what I do. He's a beast. Can't be blocked by one man.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No I'm suffering "I've lived through everyone of Steve Keim's drafts" syndrome and they all generally suck huge balls.

DJ is what? The 3rd guy ever signed to a 2nd contract and the only 1st rounder? 4th I guess if you count Gunter who couldn't find another team.

Experience says whatever way we go it will prove to be the wrong way.

Hell I'm just looking at our 2017 draft, we took 7 players and only one is left on the roster and that's Reddick. Our whole '17 draft is a washout after only 3 seasons.

Pro Bowl Budda Baker

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The 60’s under Charlie Winner were frustrating as well. We’d finish a game behind the Browns & not make the playoffs because there was no such thing as a wildcard team. Then, when it appeared we were ready to leapfrog them, injuries would decimate us. Just a cursed franchise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a feeling the Cardinals might draft Lamb because it's still all about helping Kyler Murray.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's only the past two years I've been this dramatic about it. We've had a lot of bad moments here, but never this bad since the new stadium was opened. That seemed like a major turning point in the franchise, and even going into seasons that turned out poorly, I felt like it was any given Sunday if we could fix a few things here or there.

The days of 3-13 seasons or rosters starting street/undrafted free agents was supposed to be over.

Once Keim gets let go, I'll approach with way more of a wait-and-see mindset in the future.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
The 60’s under Charlie Winner were frustrating as well. We’d finish a game behind the Browns & not make the playoffs because there was no such thing as a wildcard team. Then, when it appeared we were ready to leapfrog them, injuries would decimate us. Just a cursed franchise.

It's strange, losing to the Redskins in '84 with a win and you get the division or you do not go to the playoffs sticks more in my Cardinal head than when we lost in the Super Bowl... that game was the epitome of being a Cardinal fan

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This exactly

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other than not being to draft everyone we like - if we stick with BPA coupled with a willingness to trade down when necessary, we should be set up for success (i.e. it's then on Keim and Co. to make the right calls on talent).

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's strange, losing to the Redskins in '84 with a win and you get the division or you do not go to the playoffs sticks more in my Cardinal head than when we lost in the Super Bowl... that game was the epitome of being a Cardinal fan

We've commiserated over that game a few times. I was in the stands & I was never so frustrated/angry about a loss than that one. The Redskins have been pathetic for a while now, but I still hate them because of that game in 84. I will always hate them because of that game. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan & yet I stood up and cheered when Theismann (ND alum) had his leg snapped in half the following season. The calls at the end of that game almost rival Don Denkinger's missed call in the 85 WS against the baseball Cardinals. The dude is still alive & still gets death threats. Sad thing is that he deserves them. Worst call EVER made in any sport.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Budda hasn't signed a 2nd contract

Also, Pro Bowls mean dick now. They have become a popularity contest. Even Trubisky played in a Pro Bowl.

Ok, but hes still a player from the 2017 draft that's still on the roster. It's not just Reddick.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I like Brown, but if Okudah is there I would draft him... if both are gone, I would probably go Jeudy or Lamb and even take Wirfs over Simmons who I think is a dynamic luxury pick for a team which already has a solid foundation of core guys on the defensive front seven

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I say this not because there is a dearth of talent but because there will be a lot of talent on board when we pick of what some will turn out to be very good players but also some realistic Pro Bowlers and you want one of those. I like Derrick Brown but I still find it hard to pick him if I see Okudah there when we draft because a potential shutdown corner is never without worth. I really think the Cards have their eye on Jeudy or Lamb but if you are picking the best player and with such need to improve across the roster, Okudah wrecks my choice every time he's sitting in front of me in a mock draft. I get the combination of consideration of best player and need but not in the top ten where you go for a difference maker... we have our QB, and quality backs can be found in later rounds and quality guards too

How does PFF grade the players out? Keim has the Platinum membership.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welcome to having "my" syndrome. It's a syndrome of saying "well, history shows X, so I'm going to keep believing X until given a reason not to."

That's made people really hate me for the past year or so.
Uhhhh you’ve received the most flak for your position on kyler. There was limited, at best, “X” history on kyler and Frankly what “X” existed was virtually all positive (from a football perspective). You earned the flak based on your seemingly unfounded fears of all worst case scenarios that really didn’t play out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's not a competition :) but you have my commiserations.

I'm also not a debbie downer but I'm not going to run around farting rainbows and saying everything is great after 23 wins in 4 years. Enough bad drafts to fill a lifetime. And bad roster with an underwhelming amount of cap space to fix it.

I'm a realist. I don't believe Keim has what it takes to turn it around.
I don’t think you’ll find many arguing with you in regards to your last sentiment.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Uhhhh you’ve received the most flak for your position on kyler. There was limited, at best, “X” history on kyler and Frankly what “X” existed was virtually all positive (from a football perspective). You earned the flak based on your seemingly unfounded fears of all worst case scenarios that really didn’t play out.
I have one person calling me the prophet of doom, others who tell me I should leave the board when I'm negative... I haven't said anything bad about Kyler in quite some time, but I still get this kinda stuff. It's not a big deal, but the flak goes well beyond just our QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one person calling me the prophet of doom, others who tell me I should leave the board when I'm negative... I haven't said anything bad about Kyler in quite some time, but I still get this kinda stuff. It's not a big deal, but the flak goes well beyond just our QB.

Prophet of Doom is not said with malice. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA